Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 62
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 802511/16/12 at 4:04pmpost #918 of 802511/17/12 at 1:30pmJust placed an order for semi-dress with these specs. Look all right?
Leather 1: Brown Dress
Leather 2: Brown Dress
Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Dress
Toe Cap Leather: None
Celastic Toe Box: Single
Steel Toe: No
Upper (Shaft) Leather : Brown Dress
Leather Liner: Cream
Back Stay Leather: Brown Dress
Pull Loop: Yes
Eyelet Color: Antique
Sole Trim: Standard Trim
Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
Sole: Vib 700
Half Slip: No
Heel Shape: Curve
Heel Height: Standard
Midsole/Edge Color: Brown
Size - Length: 9.5
Size - Width: Cpost #919 of 802511/17/12 at 7:38pmQuote:
Possible to get top down view pics? Want to see how the captoe looks.
Thanks,post #920 of 802511/17/12 at 8:45pmpost #921 of 802511/18/12 at 4:04pmpost #922 of 802511/20/12 at 5:27pmQuote:
I LOVE these boots... I think the kicked up toe is very cool. Looks to me like the classic 1940s work boot. And unlike many folks here on the board, but like many off the board, I like the lowered heel. Looks great.post #923 of 802511/20/12 at 5:46pmthanks...i can see that they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love them, and they are extremely comfortable to boot...pun intendedpost #924 of 802511/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #925 of 802511/21/12 at 4:32pmpost #926 of 802511/21/12 at 4:55pmpost #927 of 802511/21/12 at 5:06pmpost #928 of 802511/23/12 at 10:57am
I'm about to buy some boots from Baker's but I have some questions for some of you who have worn White's for awhile...
I'm wondering about the celastic toe/no celastic toe. I know on some steel toe boots without cap toes, when there's a toe cap in it you can see the line where the toe cap ends and it doesn't blend in so well. Does this line appear on the celastic toe boots?
Also, does the boot hold up and look decent without the toe cap?
Also, what difference does the swing last or the semi dress last make in the appearance? From what I understand the swing last kinda looks like the Iron Ranger RWs and the semi dress kinda looks like some Doc Marten 1460's- just a traditional shoe looking kinda boot.
Also, does the liner affect the width? I am a EE in RW boots, but was thinking about getting the chromexcel leather, so I was going to go down to E (after talking with the guys from Baker's, and of course I'm sending in my foot tracing) but I kinda wanted to get the liner, and after a little bit of thinking I think it could definitely make it a tighter fit. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.
Also does anyone have any pictures of a Black Chromexcel Bounty Hunter or Semi Dress with a natural midsole by any chance? Cant decide between natural midsole or the brown. They both look so good.
One last question- I have a pair of RW Iron Rangers, and the soles are flat to the maximum. Apparently I walk on the outside of my feet and after only two months I'm getting stitch splitting. Does the Vibram 700 composition sole prevent stitch splitting cause it seems like it has a little bit of a tread, unlike the Iron Rangers. If its not that much I think I'm going to get the Vibram 430's because I have to rationalize this purchase as something that can have a little bit of tread.
Thanks in advance guys! So excited to get em.
Here's what I'm thinking
6 in or 8 in Black Chromexcel or Black Smooth Smokejumpers (with semi dress last)
no celastic toe
single leather midsole with either natural or brown
vibram 430 or 700
lowered a quarter of an inch
rolled leather top
6 in or 8 in black chromexcel or Black Smooth Smokejumpers with swing last
same thing except for add a toe cap and a celastic toe/steel toe if that transition is visible and the boot doesnt hold up without a toe cappost #929 of 802511/23/12 at 10:59am
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 14 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 14 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?