Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 62post #917 of 852911/16/12 at 4:04pmpost #918 of 852911/17/12 at 1:30pmJust placed an order for semi-dress with these specs. Look all right?
Leather 1: Brown Dress
Leather 2: Brown Dress
Toe Vamp Leather: Brown Dress
Toe Cap Leather: None
Celastic Toe Box: Single
Steel Toe: No
Upper (Shaft) Leather : Brown Dress
Leather Liner: Cream
Back Stay Leather: Brown Dress
Pull Loop: Yes
Eyelet Color: Antique
Sole Trim: Standard Trim
Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
Sole: Vib 700
Half Slip: No
Heel Shape: Curve
Heel Height: Standard
Midsole/Edge Color: Brown
Size - Length: 9.5
Size - Width: Cpost #919 of 852911/17/12 at 7:38pmQuote:
Possible to get top down view pics? Want to see how the captoe looks.
Thanks,post #920 of 852911/17/12 at 8:45pmpost #921 of 852911/18/12 at 4:04pmpost #922 of 852911/20/12 at 5:27pmQuote:
I LOVE these boots... I think the kicked up toe is very cool. Looks to me like the classic 1940s work boot. And unlike many folks here on the board, but like many off the board, I like the lowered heel. Looks great.post #923 of 852911/20/12 at 5:46pmthanks...i can see that they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love them, and they are extremely comfortable to boot...pun intendedpost #924 of 852911/21/12 at 2:50pmpost #925 of 852911/21/12 at 4:32pmpost #926 of 852911/21/12 at 4:55pmpost #927 of 852911/21/12 at 5:06pmpost #928 of 852911/23/12 at 10:57am
I'm about to buy some boots from Baker's but I have some questions for some of you who have worn White's for awhile...
I'm wondering about the celastic toe/no celastic toe. I know on some steel toe boots without cap toes, when there's a toe cap in it you can see the line where the toe cap ends and it doesn't blend in so well. Does this line appear on the celastic toe boots?
Also, does the boot hold up and look decent without the toe cap?
Also, what difference does the swing last or the semi dress last make in the appearance? From what I understand the swing last kinda looks like the Iron Ranger RWs and the semi dress kinda looks like some Doc Marten 1460's- just a traditional shoe looking kinda boot.
Also, does the liner affect the width? I am a EE in RW boots, but was thinking about getting the chromexcel leather, so I was going to go down to E (after talking with the guys from Baker's, and of course I'm sending in my foot tracing) but I kinda wanted to get the liner, and after a little bit of thinking I think it could definitely make it a tighter fit. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.
Also does anyone have any pictures of a Black Chromexcel Bounty Hunter or Semi Dress with a natural midsole by any chance? Cant decide between natural midsole or the brown. They both look so good.
One last question- I have a pair of RW Iron Rangers, and the soles are flat to the maximum. Apparently I walk on the outside of my feet and after only two months I'm getting stitch splitting. Does the Vibram 700 composition sole prevent stitch splitting cause it seems like it has a little bit of a tread, unlike the Iron Rangers. If its not that much I think I'm going to get the Vibram 430's because I have to rationalize this purchase as something that can have a little bit of tread.
Thanks in advance guys! So excited to get em.
Here's what I'm thinking
6 in or 8 in Black Chromexcel or Black Smooth Smokejumpers (with semi dress last)
no celastic toe
single leather midsole with either natural or brown
vibram 430 or 700
lowered a quarter of an inch
rolled leather top
6 in or 8 in black chromexcel or Black Smooth Smokejumpers with swing last
same thing except for add a toe cap and a celastic toe/steel toe if that transition is visible and the boot doesnt hold up without a toe cappost #929 of 852911/23/12 at 10:59ampost #930 of 852911/23/12 at 1:06pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 16 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 10 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 13 minutes ago
- › BIJAN MEGATHREAD - Huge collection of BIjan Suits - Couple Charvet... 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...