or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 58

post #856 of 5037
Sorry, but aesthetically the double midsole, both generally and on your SJ, looks fucking bad.

I can't decide if I dislike the look of the front or the heel more. I keep going back and forth.

The mini vibram is badass though I love the way it's stitched on there.
post #857 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

my lace to toe sj in dress brwon leather
hukurokuju resole

 

These are bad-ass, but I wear a 12.5EE in White's...  A pair built like these for my foot would be HUGE!

post #858 of 5037

I don't think the double midsole on a heavy duty boot such as that looks bad at all. My question is how come none of you wear the false tonges? They complete the boot IMO.

post #859 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

soft toe lace to toe boots have been done quite alot by other brands but i think i like my lace to toe in hard leather ( eg red dog, oiled leather. distress ) or any leather that does not require a lining for me a medium leather ( eg dress leathers) are very very nice. gets a good shine and not so hard on the feet to break in.
up to you if you want it with celastics or not. but any route you choose im sure will be a good decision

Thanks. I'm not sure if I understood completely. You're saying that you like lace to toe in either "hard" or "medium" leathers?

I think a SJ in dress brown would be my top pick, but I'm really looking for something with red in it. Red dog is an option. I find it strange that I can't find any pics of oiled red dog?
post #860 of 5037
By the way, Mr. Unicorn, those brown dress SJs are awesome. The sole is more than I could handle, but awesome boots!
post #861 of 5037
My wife and I were in Manhattan this past week and we stopped in at Grahame Fowlers on 10th st. We had a wonderful time looking things over. My wife really loved the "butterscotch" Trickers but they did not have in my size. Phew!

The only Whites in stock were the Semi Dress Brown - it was love at first sight. The color is very dark and rich. Yes they had my size. They stock single leather sole with the Cuban heel. They fit like a glove and I wore them out of the store.

After about 5 days of hoofing around they are almost broken in. I expect to get many many years out of these. Glad we stopped there.
post #862 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftysRock View Post

My wife and I were in Manhattan this past week and we stopped in at Grahame Fowlers on 10th st. We had a wonderful time looking things over. My wife really loved the "butterscotch" Trickers but they did not have in my size. Phew!
The only Whites in stock were the Semi Dress Brown - it was love at first sight. The color is very dark and rich. Yes they had my size. They stock single leather sole with the Cuban heel. They fit like a glove and I wore them out of the store.
After about 5 days of hoofing around they are almost broken in. I expect to get many many years out of these. Glad we stopped there.

Congrats, post some pics when you get a chance if you don't mind.

post #863 of 5037
Over at the buildaboot website they have "Red Dog Silicone" and "Red Dog Oiled" listed as a leather option for Semi Dress. Does anyone have photos of these leathers used on a built boot?
post #864 of 5037
Those are very good questions. I wish I had some pics as well.

If anybody is a 9d, it's your lucky day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-Boots-Farmer-Rancher-6-top-size-9-D-/310489514203?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item484a9e00db
post #865 of 5037
Nice find. Somebody kop those! Wish they were my size...
post #866 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Those are very good questions. I wish I had some pics as well.
If anybody is a 9d, it's your lucky day.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-Boots-Farmer-Rancher-6-top-size-9-D-/310489514203?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item484a9e00db

 

Are those for the rodeo clowns?

post #867 of 5037
^^ That was my first guess.
post #868 of 5037

Just to be clear, are these in the standard Dress Brown that one sees so often in the SD?  They look really great I think.  But they just seem smoother and a deeper brown than I have seen on the Dress Brown elsewhere. But that's what they are, is that right?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashiwa View Post

Pics of a couple of makeups that drew my attention while searching for ideas for a White's SJ order.
Smoke jumper in brown dress leather. Seems like this leather is nearly always used on the SD. Looks good on the SJ as well, no?

 
post #869 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Just to be clear, are these in the standard Dress Brown that one sees so often in the SD?  They look really great I think.  But they just seem smoother and a deeper brown than I have seen on the Dress Brown elsewhere. But that's what they are, is that right?

 


It sure looks like the same color and texture as the SD Dress Brown's I just purchased last week at Grahame Fowler. 

post #870 of 5037
anyone know if you can resole these boots to a width up? E.g. 8.5 c to a 8.5d

Just started wearing thick socks for the winter and these are hurting the top of my instep. I am gonna see if I can get them stretched at a cobbler
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?