Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 568post #8506 of 958710/18/16 at 12:49pmpost #8507 of 958710/18/16 at 2:54pmpost #8508 of 958710/18/16 at 2:57pmpost #8509 of 958710/18/16 at 2:58pmpost #8510 of 958710/19/16 at 6:27ampost #8511 of 958710/19/16 at 7:05am
Or, go all in, and get on board for the group MTO underway on the Viberg board. the Millwright Boot:post #8512 of 958710/19/16 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by JC Echeverry
Generally, if i want Dr Martens, i buy at the Dr Martens website, and if i want Chippewas i buy at their site too and so on (or amazon or ebay if i find good rep stores with nice bargains for the same boots)........ My question about those "Whites boots" asian sites was because they sell very beautiful variants that i never saw in the original american website.
But yes.... analizing the cost/benefit of buying there, i think i will buy whites boots at their original american site if i ever do (i´ve got my eyes on them).
I´ve had awfull experiences with chinese / Taiwanese websites.... they speak perfect english when you are buying , but when you are asking for a package that never arrived.... then they are chinese and dont understand a single thing you´re saying..... it makes my blood boil....doing business with them is a russian roulette .
Ok overall my question was answered, and i thank you guys for that.
Some of the options that are exclusive to the Asian market:)
4" Oxford on c461 last
3 to 5 tone color configuration (shown below a 5 tone SJ)post #8513 of 958710/19/16 at 11:33amQuote:
Are these not doable through baker's? I have the impression you could at least do the first one if you asked but I haven't tried.post #8514 of 958710/20/16 at 2:35am
I don't mind the 2-tone maximum as most multi-tone boots I saw didn't look good anyway.
What I don't understand though is why Bakers are categorically ruling out two-tone builds with exotics. This is strange, as I've seen so many pictures of really beautiful examples such as caiman/dress, caiman/cxl, shark/dress etc., usually contrasting the highly structured exotic leather on the vamp with a smooth upper in similar colour. Even White's own ebay outlet "whitesriver" is selling that kind of boot every now and then. For example, "SteveBarrus" posted a gorgeous pair of caiman / water buffalo Packers just a few weeks ago, which would have been impossible to do through Bakers if I understand their terms correctly. So I've been wondering what the problem is here, but haven't asked directly because I wouldn't be able to order one anyway (due to EU import restrictions on some of the leathers and my current lack of funds;-). Still I'd be interested to know the reasoning for this.
Edited by TH3515 - 10/20/16 at 2:48ampost #8515 of 958710/20/16 at 9:19pmpost #8516 of 958710/20/16 at 9:31pmpost #8517 of 958710/21/16 at 8:55ampost #8518 of 958710/21/16 at 10:45amQuote:Originally Posted by crash2net
I'm sure this question has been answered many times but... IF anyone has alternatives to ebay to find a whites Bounty Hunter boot in a 5 or 5.5 E or EE,please let me know. This forum is awesome. A lot of great content and discussions. Thank you all and have a great day.
That is a really uncommon size, and believe me, that is coming from someone who wears a 6.5B. I did the math a while back, and men with 6.5 feet or less make less than 0.15% of the market, so we just don't have many stock offerings.
For that size, you should just go through Baker Shoe and take advantage of White's best service - a custom build. That's what I have, and I like them a lot. You can also lurk on the "whitesriver" ebay user, which is their overstock area. I have seen 5s and 6s come up, but very infrequently. Another option is to consider Wesco, who also make a lot of boots in women's sizing, which means their Factory Seconds page has boots in women's sizing. If you can translate your sizing, then most of those boots are just a smaller version of the normal boot.
Good luck!post #8519 of 958710/21/16 at 10:48amQuote:
Yes, you can order straight through Whites, but it is more "old fashioned" of an experience, and they aren't as experienced with the more fashionable offerings over the phone, which is the main reason people go through Baker Shoe - they act as the intermediary to translate our fashionable requests into White's list of specific offerings.post #8520 of 958710/21/16 at 12:20pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by phidauex
Yes, you can order straight through Whites, but it is more "old fashioned" of an experience, and they aren't as experienced with the more fashionable offerings over the phone, which is the main reason people go through Baker Shoe - they act as the intermediary to translate our fashionable requests into White's list of specific offerings.
Agree with phidauex, and would only add that if you plan on getting a block heel, then you can ask Baker's to sand the heel down at no extra cost, more or less flush to the heel, to compensate for White's notorious "overhang" on block heels. They did that on my BH's and they did a great job.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 seconds ago
- › Maison Margiela line 11 leather belt 4 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Maison Margiela line 11 leather belt 8 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Old Suit Jacket- Can we use it with some mix and match? 12 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 13 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...