or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 555

post #8311 of 8712
Folks I have a pair of Whites Packers, excellent condition, size 8 for sale

Let me know if you are interested: http://www.styleforum.net/t/523541/whites-packer-boots-sz-8-like-new

Thanks!
post #8312 of 8712
Fasthall, Kyle just said that Whites is almost out of horse hide and what they have is black. I was under the impression you wanted brown.
post #8313 of 8712
Neognosis, if you still have those boots, they would fit me. Just saying...
post #8314 of 8712
Phidauex, here's a way to lace your tongue in so it isn't all over the place. You can do this without punching new holes into the tongue. Once you run the laces through the holes in the bottom of the tongue and through the bottom grommets, run the lace through the loop in the tongue on the way to the second grommets. I will try to add a picture.
post #8315 of 8712

So I guess my options left are buying brown CXL and use burgundy shoe cream on it(don't judge me) or dress brown.

Does anyone know how long does it take to break-in dress brown to the lighter color like this post?

post #8316 of 8712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpiper View Post

Phidauex, here's a way to lace your tongue in so it isn't all over the place. You can do this without punching new holes into the tongue. Once you run the laces through the holes in the bottom of the tongue and through the bottom grommets, run the lace through the loop in the tongue on the way to the second grommets. I will try to add a picture.

 

That's how I do mine. It works very well.

post #8317 of 8712
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthall View Post

So I guess my options left are buying brown CXL and use burgundy shoe cream on it(don't judge me) or dress brown.
If you want something dark with reddish hues and the ability to tale a good shine then you could also consider Black Cherry Water Buffalo:
post #8318 of 8712
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3515 View Post


If you want something dark with reddish hues and the ability to tale a good shine then you could also consider Black Cherry Water Buffalo:

Thanks, I did consider that before. But I don't find buffalo's creasing appealing. I had a buffalo leather jacket which I ended up selling it.

post #8319 of 8712



Ready for the coming week's battles....
post #8320 of 8712
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post

Cleaned the black and the smooth brown pairs. Applied a tiny bit of cream polish at the end and these turned out great.. 



Hey Mogili, I was browsing old forum pics and was wondering if you could tell me the configuration of the black pair of whites in this pic, they look like what I am looking for. Thanks!
post #8321 of 8712

Fasthall, you could check out Nick's boots for brown horsehide. http://nicksboots.com/colors/ Of course the wait time is a whole lot longer...

 

I am glad I got my White's horsehide when I did it is a really awesome leather. 

post #8322 of 8712
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendjosh View Post
 

Fasthall, you could check out Nick's boots for brown horsehide. http://nicksboots.com/colors/ Of course the wait time is a whole lot longer...

 

I am glad I got my White's horsehide when I did it is a really awesome leather. 

I think I can't get White's medallion cap and C461 out of my mind haha

I'm considering French Calf now. It looks pretty decent brand new, but I couldn't find photos of aged French calf.

post #8323 of 8712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Copen View Post


Hey Mogili, I was browsing old forum pics and was wondering if you could tell me the configuration of the black pair of whites in this pic, they look like what I am looking for. Thanks!

Ken... These are the standard SDs in dress black, close trim, standard heel, celastic toe cap, black eyelets and hooks.. 

post #8324 of 8712

I just came across this RRL Bowery(sorry for keeping post non-White's images!)

Source

It looks almost perfect to me. Would you say Bounty Hunter with dress brown leather looks similar to this?

Is dress brown darker than this RRL? How long does it wear off like this?

post #8325 of 8712
It's maybe a tad darker, light dependent of course but lightens up in stress and wear areas pretty quick if worn regularly @fasthall
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?