Since distressed leather from White's Boots was difficult to visualize for me, I thought I'd post these for someone else. The false tongue is brown bull hide. The two-tone look makes for a very hansom boot.
I ordered this boot though Baker's. I was a little worried when they suggested a 10EE because 10 wasn't a number I had heard in a long time. I expected an 11, but it fit's perfectly as a 10EE. I had heard that the 'standard' last is the most snug, and hence for me, a more athletic boot. That's true, and when I first put them on I was a little worried about just how snug they were. I'm about 80 hours into the boots right now and they feel great. Snug, but not tight and mostly broken in around the ball and ankle. They've got a way to go, but I'm enjoying the boot. My foot likes a lot of arch support and these boots have plenty. I'm very happy so far.
White's Smoke Jumper Standard Last
• Leather 1: Distressed Smooth
• Leather 2: Brown Bull Hide
• Toe Vamp Leather: Distressed Smooth
• Toe Cap Leather: Distressed Smooth
• Celastic Toe Box: Single
• Safety Toe: No Thanks
• Heel Counter Leather: Distressed Smooth
• Height: 10"
• Upper (Shaft) Leather : Distressed Smooth
• Leather Liner: No Thanks
• Sole Trim: Standard Trim
• Top: Cut
• Back Stay Leather: Distressed Smooth
• Pull Loop: Yes
• Eyelet Color: Antique
• Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet
• Top Garment: Hook
• Lace Design: Plain Toe
• Lace: Leather
• False Tongue: Brown Bull Hide
• Sole: Vib 100
• Half Slip: No
• Heel Shape: Curve
• Heel Height: Standard
• Last: Standard
• Midsole: Standard
• Midsole/Edge Color: Brown
• Size - Length: 11 <--- this was my guess to Baker's but I told them to make it right according to the drawings and measurements and for White's, mine is a 10.
• Size - Width: E <--- this was my guess to Baker's as well. For White's, I'm a EE.
Before and after one coat of obenauf's LP. These boots will get wet and muddy all the time and so a light coat of LP will be good. I probably won't need more LP for some time. The very dark brown evened out to a much lighter shade within about 12 hours.
This is after the 80 hour mark and freshly brushed.
Edited by marcusg - 12/25/15 at 4:47pm