or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 509

post #7621 of 8716
My bounty hunter grew mildew??
This morning I took this pair of boot from closet, accidentally I noticed that there is some black stuff on the edge of insole. You can see from the picture. I don't know it is there from beginning or it is mildew. I grabbed a paper towel and scratched the insole,it's hard to remove. The smell is not odour. If it's mildew unfortunately, how do I treat this?

Thank you!

post #7622 of 8716

@Zachery Zhu  That is definitely not mildew. My boots looked the same when I got them new and still look the same. 

post #7623 of 8716
generally bleach will kill it. cleaning it out I would use a cleaner called Krud Kutter with a toothbrush just don't over wet the area
post #7624 of 8716
Krud Kutter is some nasty stuff tho.
post #7625 of 8716

yes it certainly can be.  must be diluted per directions and used carefully for sure.  I  would probably just use the bleach and put insoles over it. 

post #7626 of 8716
Yeah that's not mildew, they probably looked like that from new. You just never noticed. Don't put bleach or krud kutter in there. Or anything else but your feet
post #7627 of 8716
Another random sizing question. I'm down to one pair of whites now that are a semi dress an 8.5EE on the swing last. They're great, I really like the fit, which is perfect to maybe just slightly long. I know from experience that an 8.0EE in the semi dress last was not necessarily too short, but the arch support was too far back for my liking. Do you think I'll have the same issue with an 8.0 in the smokejumper last? Is the arch support location or overall length much different from the semi dress last?
post #7628 of 8716
^
SemiDress EE on a Swing last is like 1/2 size bigger compared to an EE on a std SD last. So, are you saying you're good, width-wise, @8.5EE on Swing !? Meaning, you're hitting the sweet spot ?! Then, u should stay @8.5 on the SJs, IMO

For me, I find the need to size down on the width & 1/2 on the length [from std SD last] for the Swing last.
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 12/3/15 at 10:30pm
post #7629 of 8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

^
SemiDress EE on a Swing last is like 1/2 size bigger compared to an EE on a std SD last. So, are you saying you're good, width-wise, @8.5EE on Swing !? Meaning, you're hitting the sweet spot ?! Then, u should stay @8.5 on the SJs, IMO

For me, I find the need to size down on the width & 1/2 on the length [from std SD last] for the Swing last.

 

Yeah, the 8.5EE swing last SD fits perfect width wise and fits good/slightly long length wise. I have my eye on a pair of SJ's in 8EE and just wondering if I stand any better chance of those fitting than the 8EE SD I used to have.

post #7630 of 8716

I just noticed that these appear to have a different heel than the Quabug that White's seems to put on everything -- is that right, and if so, was it a special request?  Also, I really like that Vibram half sole, but I know others have talked about how quickly it wears down. But looks like it outlasted your heels anyway...  Would love to see more pics of this build if ever get the chance..

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by qubit View Post
 

Been a long time lurker on this magnificent thread so thought I'd post a couple of pics of my beloved semi-dress before they depart to the cobbler for new heels. They're in #8 CXL on the the C461 last.

 

 

post #7631 of 8716

I've gotten more interested in the C461 last for a possible next pair of boots, so ordered a returnable pair of the Hathorn Travelers from Amazon, which I figured at the Cyber Monday discount if I loved them I would keep but would probably return.  Anyway, for those interested here are a few pics of them next to my BHs (SD last).  Bottom line is that the C461s feel quite a bit smaller, even though they are the same size as the SDs (9.5EE).  Definitely much more narrow and overall less volume, but they also seem perhaps slightly shorter.  (Then again, I have always wondered if White's might have messed up somehow with the sizing of my BHs, which have always seemed positively huge to me for a 9.5EE.)

 

I love the shape in profile -- I am a sucker for a sprung toe -- but less so from top down, where the narrowness goes against my workboot aesthetic.  As others have said there seems to be less arch support, though I am not sure how much less given the few minutes I stood around in them.  Details specific to the Hathorn:  7 eyelets rather than 6 (on SDs) is nice, but the top hook is too close to the top of the boot I notice and causes some trouble when lacing all the way up; also, why does White's make speed hooks that are too small for the laces they provide..?

 

Anyway, pics herein:

 

 

 

post #7632 of 8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDudeOrion View Post

Another random sizing question. I'm down to one pair of whites now that are a semi dress an 8.5EE on the swing last. They're great, I really like the fit, which is perfect to maybe just slightly long. I know from experience that an 8.0EE in the semi dress last was not necessarily too short, but the arch support was too far back for my liking. Do you think I'll have the same issue with an 8.0 in the smokejumper last? Is the arch support location or overall length much different from the semi dress last?


From talking to folks at Whites and Bakers I was under the impression sizing down length will size down the width slightly.  For example an 8 EE will be slightly narrower than a 8 1/2 EE. 

 

Also, from reading previous posts many folks here believe the SJ last is narrower than the SD last.

post #7633 of 8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissmyanthia View Post
 


From talking to folks at Whites and Bakers I was under the impression sizing down length will size down the width slightly.  For example an 8 EE will be slightly narrower than a 8 1/2 EE. 

 

Also, from reading previous posts many folks here believe the SJ last is narrower than the SD last.


Right, thanks! I think I could handle slightly narrower and be just fine, my biggest concern is the difference, if any, in the location of the arch support between SD and SJ last in a given size. My 8EE semi dress were just fine lengthwise in terms of toe box room and flex point, but the arch support was too far back under my heel, and I know the swing last moves the arch support more forward towards the metatarsals, but I'm not sure how the SJ is.

post #7634 of 8716

Nice SD in distressed - looks like swing:

 

post #7635 of 8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissmyanthia View Post


From talking to folks at Whites and Bakers I was under the impression sizing down length will size down the width slightly.  For example an 8 EE will be slightly narrower than a 8 1/2 EE. 

Also, from reading previous posts many folks here believe the SJ last is narrower than the SD last.

Yes, an EE width in a 8 will be slightly narrower than an EE width in an 8.5. There is a chart which lists the various widths and lengths available online, and I have no idea where it is located at present. LOL
But yes, as the length changes, the width for each size also changes. It is all relative, so to speak.

I can't comment on the various last and width relations. I don't own any SDs, just BHs, Packers, and C461. From my perspective, the C461 and SJ/BH last seems fairly similar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?