gotcha, thanks! guessing it just keeps um clean and gives a bit of a worn look?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 48
Styleforum Top Picks
You all have heard or seen cracks in leather boots - those are either caused by drying out or by small dust particles getting into the creases and acting like sandpaper. Thats why just a brush after use is a very good idea. A moisture coating (conditioner) an even better one. Brush often, condition every so often...
maybe, some1 else can buzz in regarding 461 sizing
.... oh, btw, any idea how much Baker's or White's charge for re-sizing?
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 9/26/12 at 7:09pm
what's going on guys?
new to the forum -- I'm SuperFuture -- but glad to finally be on here as well.
been going through this entire white's thread while waiting for mine to arrive; it's been helping but the wait is unbearable!
anyways, this is a fairly obvious question but I couldn't seem to see a definitive answer/example of this anywhere, as it looks like the majority of you guys order through bakers and not directly through white's.
the "standard" composition sole -- what is it? no real information through whites, and i see a lot of vibram 700, half soles, commando soles, etc but nothing really labeled as full composition sole. the more typical build. a lot of you boys are gettin all fancy....
anyway, my understanding is, "composition" soles simply meant they're not just pure rubber__ the make-up varies depending on utility/purpose & level of performance .... ie, composite half-sole #705 & the #700 are of same material, while "fire & ice" #100 lug [w/c are used in forest fire-fighting] has a higher performance rating__ better grip on icy surface & much greater resistance to heat.
FarmerRancher = not on #100__ the regular stock/prod'n are usually on Vibram #700
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 10/2/12 at 11:58am
Just posted this as a separate thread by accident, when I meant to post here:
Hey, I have just found White's boots (after a decade of wearing my old Chippewa cap toes) and also this forum. I've done some research to figure out some of the many options, but have a quick question. Can anyone post pictures of the "2012 Classic Work Boot" as advertisd on Baker's?
I find lots of pictures of the Semi-Dress, but not of this "Classic." And can anyone describe briefly the differences between the two boots?
Finally, here's a dumb newby question probably -- How does one get the alternating black/natural look in the heel? Seems like some soles have the rubber strip running back through the heel (which I like) and others are a block of packed leather of one color (as in the Baker's picture link above).
Full sole unit = "alternating black/natural" heels [natural trim option]... eg, Vibram 100, 700, 430, etc.
as for the Classic 2012, it just came out around the 2nd quarter of this year, so i don't think you'd find much here nor the in the other forums just yet.
i am planning to get a pair built [in black leather combo], but still trying to dial in on sizing for the classic 461 last.
... any1 got info on sizing?!
Thanks IIIrd Icon. If anyone does happen to have a picture, experience with the Classic, please weigh in.
As far as 461 Last goes, I sent an email to Baker asking about the differences between the Semi-Dress and the Classic Dress, and they wrote back that the main difference was the 461 Last, which has a bit of an upturned toe (a la 1930s 40s style I gather), but that otherwise they profile is the same. So I assume that means sizing would be the same as a standard last, but with the upturn...
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Club/Bar outfit 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews,... 6 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 27 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 36 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories