gotcha, thanks! guessing it just keeps um clean and gives a bit of a worn look?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 48post #707 of 82419/24/12 at 11:13pmpost #708 of 82419/24/12 at 11:50pmpost #709 of 82419/26/12 at 2:41pm
You all have heard or seen cracks in leather boots - those are either caused by drying out or by small dust particles getting into the creases and acting like sandpaper. Thats why just a brush after use is a very good idea. A moisture coating (conditioner) an even better one. Brush often, condition every so often...post #710 of 82419/26/12 at 6:21pmi guess Kyle must've been busy.
maybe, some1 else can buzz in regarding 461 sizing
.... oh, btw, any idea how much Baker's or White's charge for re-sizing?Quote:
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 9/26/12 at 7:09pmpost #711 of 82419/26/12 at 7:29pmpost #712 of 82419/26/12 at 9:49pmpost #713 of 82419/27/12 at 7:03ampost #714 of 82419/27/12 at 10:21ampost #715 of 824110/1/12 at 11:11am
what's going on guys?
new to the forum -- I'm SuperFuture -- but glad to finally be on here as well.
been going through this entire white's thread while waiting for mine to arrive; it's been helping but the wait is unbearable!
anyways, this is a fairly obvious question but I couldn't seem to see a definitive answer/example of this anywhere, as it looks like the majority of you guys order through bakers and not directly through white's.
the "standard" composition sole -- what is it? no real information through whites, and i see a lot of vibram 700, half soles, commando soles, etc but nothing really labeled as full composition sole. the more typical build. a lot of you boys are gettin all fancy....post #716 of 824110/2/12 at 9:46amquite a few urban-dwelling folks around here live quite a sedentary lifestyle for their "builds" ... including me, ie
anyway, my understanding is, "composition" soles simply meant they're not just pure rubber__ the make-up varies depending on utility/purpose & level of performance .... ie, composite half-sole #705 & the #700 are of same material, while "fire & ice" #100 lug [w/c are used in forest fire-fighting] has a higher performance rating__ better grip on icy surface & much greater resistance to heat.
.Quote:SmokeJumper = Lug #100, always.
FarmerRancher = not on #100__ the regular stock/prod'n are usually on Vibram #700
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 10/2/12 at 11:58ampost #717 of 824110/2/12 at 12:00pm
Just posted this as a separate thread by accident, when I meant to post here:
Hey, I have just found White's boots (after a decade of wearing my old Chippewa cap toes) and also this forum. I've done some research to figure out some of the many options, but have a quick question. Can anyone post pictures of the "2012 Classic Work Boot" as advertisd on Baker's?
I find lots of pictures of the Semi-Dress, but not of this "Classic." And can anyone describe briefly the differences between the two boots?
Finally, here's a dumb newby question probably -- How does one get the alternating black/natural look in the heel? Seems like some soles have the rubber strip running back through the heel (which I like) and others are a block of packed leather of one color (as in the Baker's picture link above).
Thanks!post #718 of 824110/3/12 at 6:29amHalf-soles = solid stacked leather heels... eg, on Vibram composite half-soles
Full sole unit = "alternating black/natural" heels [natural trim option]... eg, Vibram 100, 700, 430, etc.
as for the Classic 2012, it just came out around the 2nd quarter of this year, so i don't think you'd find much here nor the in the other forums just yet.
i am planning to get a pair built [in black leather combo], but still trying to dial in on sizing for the classic 461 last.
... any1 got info on sizing?!post #719 of 824110/3/12 at 10:28am
Thanks IIIrd Icon. If anyone does happen to have a picture, experience with the Classic, please weigh in.
As far as 461 Last goes, I sent an email to Baker asking about the differences between the Semi-Dress and the Classic Dress, and they wrote back that the main difference was the 461 Last, which has a bit of an upturned toe (a la 1930s 40s style I gather), but that otherwise they profile is the same. So I assume that means sizing would be the same as a standard last, but with the upturn...
post #720 of 824110/3/12 at 11:38am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 39 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 49 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 58 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding