or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 47

post #691 of 4356

no, whites does the rebuilds
 

post #692 of 4356
Had Baker add this thin vibram 2337 Richard half-sole. Again excellent service and quality work
7990142581_52b7e76137.jpg

Didn`t want the thick composition half-sole offered by White's. This is more of an office-casual pair for me. I`ll get another pair I can beat up on the trail.
post #693 of 4356

These arrived a couple weeks ago.  Great pair of casual non-boots.  They need some break in however, and I have since been on the phone with Kyle at Bakers because the heel is too loose.  I guess I measure out at a C in the heel area, although I measured a D on my SJ's.  No bother, but they are going back to Whites to have some surgery to snug up the heel a bit.  Its not too bad as is, but Im picky, and plan to have these for a while so I want them to be a proper fit from the get go.  

 

post #694 of 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Had Baker add this thin vibram 2337 Richard half-sole. Again excellent service and quality work
7990142581_52b7e76137.jpg
Didn`t want the thick composition half-sole offered by White's. This is more of an office-casual pair for me. I`ll get another pair I can beat up on the trail.

Great work. Do you have a side shot?

post #695 of 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyearlobes View Post

These arrived a couple weeks ago.  Great pair of casual non-boots.  They need some break in however, and I have since been on the phone with Kyle at Bakers because the heel is too loose.  I guess I measure out at a C in the heel area, although I measured a D on my SJ's.  No bother, but they are going back to Whites to have some surgery to snug up the heel a bit.  Its not too bad as is, but Im picky, and plan to have these for a while so I want them to be a proper fit from the get go.  

 

I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.

post #696 of 4356
Here it is.
7990152250_e94616c5a3_c.jpg

Hoping to not give a fuck when winter comes and just wipe the salt off since I have been brushing daily after every wear over the summer.
post #697 of 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Here it is.
7990152250_e94616c5a3_c.jpg
Hoping to not give a fuck when winter comes and just wipe the salt off since I have been brushing daily after every wear over the summer.

Those are lovely.


Edited by oneninetyseven - 9/17/12 at 3:07pm
post #698 of 4356
thanks. Just a standard build with close sole trim. next, I wanna make a distinct , unique pair akin to bl@ster`s burgundy pair or daizawa`s buffalo/dark cherry one
post #699 of 4356

New to the site, here is one of my 3 pairs of White's. I fight fire in the summers when im not teaching for a rappel crew for the Forest Service. These are rough cut smokejumpers, 10inch. I also have brown rough cuts with honey vibram, and black smokejumpers with honey vibrams. Will be ordering some semi-dress for teaching!! trying to figure out what color i want for the semi-dress!

post #700 of 4356
Are those dress brown leather? They look fantastic.
post #701 of 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Here it is.
7990152250_e94616c5a3_c.jpg
Hoping to not give a fuck when winter comes and just wipe the salt off since I have been brushing daily after every wear over the summer.

 Are those dress brown from white's? great looking!

post #702 of 4356
Yeah brown dress. Trees in and brushed daily.
post #703 of 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post

I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.

no, the heel area is quite sturdy. I just screwed up the measurements.  I measure at a C width in the heel area, but ordered a D.  Its just too loose for my liking.  These are great shoes, but I recommend remeasuring, as the fit of the northwest last is different than the semi dress last.  At least that is my experience.  

post #704 of 4356

Since after 7 years of hard use followed by a year and a half of no use the leather mid-soles (think that's the right term) of my Red Wing boots that I wore for dress and work (blue berry farm work) is disintegrating. Naturally I'm in the market for new boots but more for dress than anything (Marine Corps provides work boots now). Stumbled upon this thread and spend the past few hours reading it and admiring the pics. Pretty much sold on getting a pair of White's. I do have some questions though.

 

1. Does anyone have pics of what the black otter leather looks like? I googled but it turned up nothing useful

2. Is the otter leather actually otter or is it just a name? (wouldn't affect my decision to buy but I am curious as I've never heard of that before)

3. Are half soles available on the Smoke Jumper or is that something I would have to get a cobbler to do after purchase? (I've seen a couple like that but I see no option on the boot builder)

4. What does a smoke jumper look like with leather soles?

5. As far as rubber soles go what are the ones that they screw on in addition to stitching?

6. Would you go lined or unlined?

 

edit: forgot to spell check my engrish

post #705 of 4356
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Yeah brown dress. Trees in and brushed daily.

Nice! looks like thier standard brown will go with alot of different things..looks like im going to place an order for them tomarrow, with standard heel, and im still trying to decide on sole...any suggestions?  I will be wearing them for teaching..thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?