New to the site, here is one of my 3 pairs of White's. I fight fire in the summers when im not teaching for a rappel crew for the Forest Service. These are rough cut smokejumpers, 10inch. I also have brown rough cuts with honey vibram, and black smokejumpers with honey vibrams. Will be ordering some semi-dress for teaching!! trying to figure out what color i want for the semi-dress!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 46post #677 of 84889/16/12 at 5:43pmpost #678 of 84889/16/12 at 6:27pmpost #679 of 84889/16/12 at 6:35pmpost #680 of 84889/16/12 at 7:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by daizawaguy
I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.
no, the heel area is quite sturdy. I just screwed up the measurements. I measure at a C width in the heel area, but ordered a D. Its just too loose for my liking. These are great shoes, but I recommend remeasuring, as the fit of the northwest last is different than the semi dress last. At least that is my experience.post #681 of 84889/16/12 at 9:35pm
Since after 7 years of hard use followed by a year and a half of no use the leather mid-soles (think that's the right term) of my Red Wing boots that I wore for dress and work (blue berry farm work) is disintegrating. Naturally I'm in the market for new boots but more for dress than anything (Marine Corps provides work boots now). Stumbled upon this thread and spend the past few hours reading it and admiring the pics. Pretty much sold on getting a pair of White's. I do have some questions though.
1. Does anyone have pics of what the black otter leather looks like? I googled but it turned up nothing useful
2. Is the otter leather actually otter or is it just a name? (wouldn't affect my decision to buy but I am curious as I've never heard of that before)
3. Are half soles available on the Smoke Jumper or is that something I would have to get a cobbler to do after purchase? (I've seen a couple like that but I see no option on the boot builder)
4. What does a smoke jumper look like with leather soles?
5. As far as rubber soles go what are the ones that they screw on in addition to stitching?
6. Would you go lined or unlined?
edit: forgot to spell check my engrishpost #682 of 84889/16/12 at 10:18pm
Nice! looks like thier standard brown will go with alot of different things..looks like im going to place an order for them tomarrow, with standard heel, and im still trying to decide on sole...any suggestions? I will be wearing them for teaching..thanks!post #683 of 84889/16/12 at 10:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by slide13
My new White's showed up today and I'm really pleased with them. I sized down 1/2 from a previous pair and was afraid they might not fit but they fit great. My build:
British tan leather
cream leather lining
all antique eyelets
Vibram 269 sole
Love the sole, I wanted the versatility of rubber but liked the sleek look of my old single leather soles. The tapered waist of the 269 sole makes for a perfect compromise. The British tan leather looks even better then I had hoped.
Anyway, on to the pics.
Are those soles available throught white's driectly? Do I just say that I would like the vibram 269 sole? thanks! I am going to order the same except in their standard dress brown. Great looking kicks!post #684 of 84889/17/12 at 12:48ampost #685 of 84889/17/12 at 2:30pmpost #686 of 84889/17/12 at 2:39pmpost #687 of 84889/17/12 at 3:08pmpost #688 of 84889/17/12 at 8:07pmpost #689 of 84889/17/12 at 8:08pmpost #690 of 84889/17/12 at 9:07pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 minutes ago
- › IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK ~ THE OFFICIAL-UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE... 13 minutes ago
- › MTO washable linen pants? 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 18 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...