New to the site, here is one of my 3 pairs of White's. I fight fire in the summers when im not teaching for a rappel crew for the Forest Service. These are rough cut smokejumpers, 10inch. I also have brown rough cuts with honey vibram, and black smokejumpers with honey vibrams. Will be ordering some semi-dress for teaching!! trying to figure out what color i want for the semi-dress!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 46
Styleforum Top Picks
I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.
no, the heel area is quite sturdy. I just screwed up the measurements. I measure at a C width in the heel area, but ordered a D. Its just too loose for my liking. These are great shoes, but I recommend remeasuring, as the fit of the northwest last is different than the semi dress last. At least that is my experience.
Since after 7 years of hard use followed by a year and a half of no use the leather mid-soles (think that's the right term) of my Red Wing boots that I wore for dress and work (blue berry farm work) is disintegrating. Naturally I'm in the market for new boots but more for dress than anything (Marine Corps provides work boots now). Stumbled upon this thread and spend the past few hours reading it and admiring the pics. Pretty much sold on getting a pair of White's. I do have some questions though.
1. Does anyone have pics of what the black otter leather looks like? I googled but it turned up nothing useful
2. Is the otter leather actually otter or is it just a name? (wouldn't affect my decision to buy but I am curious as I've never heard of that before)
3. Are half soles available on the Smoke Jumper or is that something I would have to get a cobbler to do after purchase? (I've seen a couple like that but I see no option on the boot builder)
4. What does a smoke jumper look like with leather soles?
5. As far as rubber soles go what are the ones that they screw on in addition to stitching?
6. Would you go lined or unlined?
edit: forgot to spell check my engrish
Nice! looks like thier standard brown will go with alot of different things..looks like im going to place an order for them tomarrow, with standard heel, and im still trying to decide on sole...any suggestions? I will be wearing them for teaching..thanks!
My new White's showed up today and I'm really pleased with them. I sized down 1/2 from a previous pair and was afraid they might not fit but they fit great. My build:
British tan leather
cream leather lining
all antique eyelets
Vibram 269 sole
Love the sole, I wanted the versatility of rubber but liked the sleek look of my old single leather soles. The tapered waist of the 269 sole makes for a perfect compromise. The British tan leather looks even better then I had hoped.
Anyway, on to the pics.
Are those soles available throught white's driectly? Do I just say that I would like the vibram 269 sole? thanks! I am going to order the same except in their standard dress brown. Great looking kicks!
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 30 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 30 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 41 seconds ago
- › Luigi Bianchi Mantova LBM 1911 Grey Donegal Unstructured Blazer 50... 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories