New to the site, here is one of my 3 pairs of White's. I fight fire in the summers when im not teaching for a rappel crew for the Forest Service. These are rough cut smokejumpers, 10inch. I also have brown rough cuts with honey vibram, and black smokejumpers with honey vibrams. Will be ordering some semi-dress for teaching!! trying to figure out what color i want for the semi-dress!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 4:22 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 46
Styleforum Top Picks
I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.
no, the heel area is quite sturdy. I just screwed up the measurements. I measure at a C width in the heel area, but ordered a D. Its just too loose for my liking. These are great shoes, but I recommend remeasuring, as the fit of the northwest last is different than the semi dress last. At least that is my experience.
Since after 7 years of hard use followed by a year and a half of no use the leather mid-soles (think that's the right term) of my Red Wing boots that I wore for dress and work (blue berry farm work) is disintegrating. Naturally I'm in the market for new boots but more for dress than anything (Marine Corps provides work boots now). Stumbled upon this thread and spend the past few hours reading it and admiring the pics. Pretty much sold on getting a pair of White's. I do have some questions though.
1. Does anyone have pics of what the black otter leather looks like? I googled but it turned up nothing useful
2. Is the otter leather actually otter or is it just a name? (wouldn't affect my decision to buy but I am curious as I've never heard of that before)
3. Are half soles available on the Smoke Jumper or is that something I would have to get a cobbler to do after purchase? (I've seen a couple like that but I see no option on the boot builder)
4. What does a smoke jumper look like with leather soles?
5. As far as rubber soles go what are the ones that they screw on in addition to stitching?
6. Would you go lined or unlined?
edit: forgot to spell check my engrish
Nice! looks like thier standard brown will go with alot of different things..looks like im going to place an order for them tomarrow, with standard heel, and im still trying to decide on sole...any suggestions? I will be wearing them for teaching..thanks!
My new White's showed up today and I'm really pleased with them. I sized down 1/2 from a previous pair and was afraid they might not fit but they fit great. My build:
British tan leather
cream leather lining
all antique eyelets
Vibram 269 sole
Love the sole, I wanted the versatility of rubber but liked the sleek look of my old single leather soles. The tapered waist of the 269 sole makes for a perfect compromise. The British tan leather looks even better then I had hoped.
Anyway, on to the pics.
Are those soles available throught white's driectly? Do I just say that I would like the vibram 269 sole? thanks! I am going to order the same except in their standard dress brown. Great looking kicks!
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 16 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015