or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 45

post #661 of 4874
That`s a nice history. Got pics from way back then?
post #662 of 4874
or even just pics before they were sent in so we can see before and after shots? Either way, be sure to post the results once you get them back.
post #663 of 4874
Just sent in my order, Kyle at Baker's is extremely patient and helpful.
post #664 of 4874
Just got my SD`s back from Baker. I had them add a thin vibram half sole. Again quality work and awesome customer service from bakershoe happy.gif
post #665 of 4874

 

 

 

Got back the rebuilds over the weekend.  Didn't have any "before" photos but in the one photo above you will notice the condition of the uppers.  The bottoms were in worse shape.  The rebuilt boots fit perfectly and feel like brand new boots.  Now I need to break them in again.  Total cost was about $235 including the shipping back and forth. 

post #666 of 4874
Looks like they put your uppers on a pair of new boots.fistbump.gif
post #667 of 4874

Great work! Is that work done by Bakers and not sent back to Whites I wonder?

post #668 of 4874

no, whites does the rebuilds
 

post #669 of 4874
Had Baker add this thin vibram 2337 Richard half-sole. Again excellent service and quality work
7990142581_52b7e76137.jpg

Didn`t want the thick composition half-sole offered by White's. This is more of an office-casual pair for me. I`ll get another pair I can beat up on the trail.
post #670 of 4874

These arrived a couple weeks ago.  Great pair of casual non-boots.  They need some break in however, and I have since been on the phone with Kyle at Bakers because the heel is too loose.  I guess I measure out at a C in the heel area, although I measured a D on my SJ's.  No bother, but they are going back to Whites to have some surgery to snug up the heel a bit.  Its not too bad as is, but Im picky, and plan to have these for a while so I want them to be a proper fit from the get go.  

 

post #671 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Had Baker add this thin vibram 2337 Richard half-sole. Again excellent service and quality work
7990142581_52b7e76137.jpg
Didn`t want the thick composition half-sole offered by White's. This is more of an office-casual pair for me. I`ll get another pair I can beat up on the trail.

Great work. Do you have a side shot?

post #672 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyearlobes View Post

These arrived a couple weeks ago.  Great pair of casual non-boots.  They need some break in however, and I have since been on the phone with Kyle at Bakers because the heel is too loose.  I guess I measure out at a C in the heel area, although I measured a D on my SJ's.  No bother, but they are going back to Whites to have some surgery to snug up the heel a bit.  Its not too bad as is, but Im picky, and plan to have these for a while so I want them to be a proper fit from the get go.  

 

I`ve been thinking of the fit ever seen I saw a photo of these shoes a few months back. It seems that the rear heel box is a lot softer than a shoe. That might be the issue. Whist the SD is a solid construction, the shoes feel like they dont have a solid heel support.

post #673 of 4874
Here it is.
7990152250_e94616c5a3_c.jpg

Hoping to not give a fuck when winter comes and just wipe the salt off since I have been brushing daily after every wear over the summer.
post #674 of 4874
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Here it is.
7990152250_e94616c5a3_c.jpg
Hoping to not give a fuck when winter comes and just wipe the salt off since I have been brushing daily after every wear over the summer.

Those are lovely.


Edited by oneninetyseven - 9/17/12 at 3:07pm
post #675 of 4874
thanks. Just a standard build with close sole trim. next, I wanna make a distinct , unique pair akin to bl@ster`s burgundy pair or daizawa`s buffalo/dark cherry one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?