If I recall they were a Bakers order...and surely Bakers can help you out on these...even on their site
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 10/6/15 at 10:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 44
Styleforum Top Picks
brown dress leather after about two years with plenty of motorcycle riding.
Those look amazing. Is it weird riding with that heel? Shifter toe doesn't look bad at all.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These look awesome.
I think I'm keeping that tan pair I got from you!
Am rather tempted by the navy blue CXLs on this thread, but I just know I wouldn't wear em much.
navy blue cxl's will be my xmas purchase this year. still deciding if i should do semi dress with a single natural sole or Baker's oxford with the off-white vibram sole. the navy suede Walk-Over bucks i own do well in my rotation, so i welcome the color.
If youre above 30, chose the Semi dress, below chose the white soles....now that`s going to get a lot of responses! But guess most will agree....
my first thought on this is "who the hell are you to say this?" then i saw your collection of White's and i must pay respect. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get the boots, but crepe soles are so comfortable. and with me being 40 and married with kids, comfort is important.
10 in Wolverine 1000miles
10.5 in Quoddy
11 in Vans
I'll post the final order when its in, but I think it will be all black horween cxl, medallion cap toe, natural sole, double midsole, vibram 700 half sole. On the advice of the forum, I'm sticking with the normal heel and going with the cuban.
Edit: would doing a half slip instead of a full double sole alter the boot much? I figure with the vibram 700 up front I'll still have a double sole up there.
Edited by gnu - 9/5/12 at 7:37am
Just found this thread a few days ago and have enjoyed reading the posts.
I bought a new pair of 8" SmokeJumpers at a clothing store in Missoula back in 1975. Think they were $75 (which was a lot back then). Used them daily for 5 years of hard logging and will tell you those puppies were as tough as nails. Choker barbs, broken branches, rocky terrain, walking up and down logs all day - nothing could phase these boots.
Had then resoled by a local shoe repair about 1980 and was sorry I did. They weren't the same.
Fast forward to present. Found my boots in a back corner of the garage all dusty and stiff from sitting for so long. Remembered that Whites did complete rebuilds so I boxed 'em up and sent 'em off to Spokane. When the boots arrived there I talked to the guy over the phone and decided that the mini-Vibram was the way to go. Guy didn't know if the boots would hold up through the re-build process but said he would call back if that was the case.
Month later the guys calls back - now I am worried. He said that they could not save the tongues and to replace them would be an extra $20. I gave the green light and am now awaiting delivery. Will post pics once they arrive.
Does anyone else have stories about getting White's rebuilt?
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 7 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 50 seconds ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE OCTOBER 9TH - THE JACKET (OR COAT) CHALLENGE 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth