If I recall they were a Bakers order...and surely Bakers can help you out on these...even on their site
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 44post #646 of 84218/27/12 at 3:39ampost #647 of 84218/27/12 at 4:32ampost #648 of 84218/27/12 at 4:35ampost #649 of 84218/27/12 at 7:52ampost #650 of 84218/28/12 at 12:13pmpost #651 of 84218/28/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by konadog
Those look amazing. Is it weird riding with that heel? Shifter toe doesn't look bad at all.post #652 of 84218/28/12 at 1:22pmpost #653 of 84218/28/12 at 1:35pmpost #654 of 84218/28/12 at 6:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by konadog
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These look awesome.
I think I'm keeping that tan pair I got from you!
Am rather tempted by the navy blue CXLs on this thread, but I just know I wouldn't wear em much.post #655 of 84218/28/12 at 9:22pmpost #656 of 84218/28/12 at 9:25pmQuote:
navy blue cxl's will be my xmas purchase this year. still deciding if i should do semi dress with a single natural sole or Baker's oxford with the off-white vibram sole. the navy suede Walk-Over bucks i own do well in my rotation, so i welcome the color.post #657 of 84218/31/12 at 5:42amQuote:
If youre above 30, chose the Semi dress, below chose the white soles....now that`s going to get a lot of responses! But guess most will agree....post #658 of 84219/4/12 at 2:22pmQuote:
my first thought on this is "who the hell are you to say this?" then i saw your collection of White's and i must pay respect. i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get the boots, but crepe soles are so comfortable. and with me being 40 and married with kids, comfort is important.post #659 of 84219/4/12 at 8:03pmSizing on the Bounty Hunter's?
10 in Wolverine 1000miles
10.5 in Quoddy
11 in Vans
I'll post the final order when its in, but I think it will be all black horween cxl, medallion cap toe, natural sole, double midsole, vibram 700 half sole. On the advice of the forum, I'm sticking with the normal heel and going with the cuban.
Edit: would doing a half slip instead of a full double sole alter the boot much? I figure with the vibram 700 up front I'll still have a double sole up there.
Edited by gnu - 9/5/12 at 7:37ampost #660 of 84219/5/12 at 11:01am
Just found this thread a few days ago and have enjoyed reading the posts.
I bought a new pair of 8" SmokeJumpers at a clothing store in Missoula back in 1975. Think they were $75 (which was a lot back then). Used them daily for 5 years of hard logging and will tell you those puppies were as tough as nails. Choker barbs, broken branches, rocky terrain, walking up and down logs all day - nothing could phase these boots.
Had then resoled by a local shoe repair about 1980 and was sorry I did. They weren't the same.
Fast forward to present. Found my boots in a back corner of the garage all dusty and stiff from sitting for so long. Remembered that Whites did complete rebuilds so I boxed 'em up and sent 'em off to Spokane. When the boots arrived there I talked to the guy over the phone and decided that the mini-Vibram was the way to go. Guy didn't know if the boots would hold up through the re-build process but said he would call back if that was the case.
Month later the guys calls back - now I am worried. He said that they could not save the tongues and to replace them would be an extra $20. I gave the green light and am now awaiting delivery. Will post pics once they arrive.
Does anyone else have stories about getting White's rebuilt?
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE - July 22, 2016: Victory in Detail 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Braces, waistcoat and nature calls question. 27 minutes ago
- › Interest check: Eidos Chiaia brown herringbone topcoat, 52 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding