or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 42

post #616 of 4339
can the single celastic toe box be flattened out?
post #617 of 4339
why dont you get a pair without celastic toes, seems less tiresome?
post #618 of 4339
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAB View Post

why dont you get a pair without celastic toes, seems less tiresome?

Me?

 

I'm wavering between no-celasitc and single celastic.  I just don't want to lose the toe structure.  What do you mean by "less tiresome"?

 

Cheers

post #619 of 4339

get a single.  It keeps the shape fine.  I only mentioned double because you mentioned wanting some protection, but not a steel toe. 
 

post #620 of 4339

Hi guys,

 

When you orders from Baker's, which way you place them?

What's the different between these links?

 

By http://buildaboot.com/

or http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots

 

Thanks a lot!

post #621 of 4339
Are the non celastic toes as durable as single or double celastic toes?
post #622 of 4339
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post

Are the non celastic toes as durable as single or double celastic toes?


well, the leather wont wear out any faster or break down any quicker.  It just has a lower profile toe with less structure

post #623 of 4339

I dont think it matters as it all ends up in the same place.  FWIW, I ordered through build a boot just because it was easier.  I made small changes to my orders by emailing Kyle with my order number and he executed the changes efficiently with no confusion

 

 

Quote:

 

 

Originally Posted by natabasco View Post
 

Hi guys,

 

When you orders from Baker's, which way you place them?

What's the different between these links?

 

By http://buildaboot.com/

or http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots

 

Thanks a lot!

post #624 of 4339
My no celastic BH is doing just fine:

7754867166_356f88a2fc_z.jpg

If you want a lower profile, just skip the celastic. It's not going to change anything other than appearance.
post #625 of 4339
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyearlobes View Post

get a single.  It keeps the shape fine.  I only mentioned double because you mentioned wanting some protection, but not a steel toe. 
 

Cheers, that's definitely the direction I'm leaning in.  

 

Best Regards

post #626 of 4339
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowsleather View Post

My no celastic BH is doing just fine:
7754867166_356f88a2fc_z.jpg
If you want a lower profile, just skip the celastic. It's not going to change anything other than appearance.

Thanks for the pic! That's very helpful.

post #627 of 4339
Anyone own White's boots with Tan French Calf?
Please show the pics! smile.gif
post #628 of 4339
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

my 4 year old whites semi dress 1 resole

234

are these a double or triple midsole?
post #629 of 4339
looks like double leather sole with the composition half sole
post #630 of 4339

also note that the sole pictured there is not a Whites sole, but a resole by that Japanese guy that everyone goes nuts for.  Cant recall his name, but he does great work...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?