also note that the sole pictured there is not a Whites sole, but a resole by that Japanese guy that everyone goes nuts for. Cant recall his name, but he does great work...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 42
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 80278/19/12 at 2:23pmpost #618 of 80278/20/12 at 11:39ampost #619 of 80278/21/12 at 10:34pmpost #620 of 80278/22/12 at 12:18ampost #621 of 80278/22/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by gnu
I'm thinking of building a pair similar to these, http://shop.imogeneandwillie.com/collections/mens/products/whites-boots-black-cap-toe
Are these a standard heel hight with a single sole?
That is standard heel height, block (traveler) heel. Single leather midsole with vibram composite half sole.post #622 of 80278/22/12 at 10:44ampost #623 of 80278/23/12 at 6:13am^^Thanks, I'm slowly deciding how I want to build my whites, hopefully I'll finish deciding on the specs by the end of the week so I can get the order in and get them back before winter.
So far I'm thinking Bounty Hunter style (6in) in the black CXL, with medallion toe cap and natural edges and block heel.
One thing I cant decide is whether to go with a single or double midsole. If I decide to go double can I still get the vibram half sole on? And if I can would the boot sole look super thick with a double midsole and vibram half sole? If I'm going to be wearing them at work I have to have that non-slip sole.
Also is there a place where I can look at or get info on the different lasts? I may still get semi-dress but I wasnt sure about the difference between the standard last, swing last, etc.
Thanks.post #624 of 80278/23/12 at 1:55pmpost #625 of 80278/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #626 of 80278/23/12 at 2:20pmpost #627 of 80278/23/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
Last question and then I'm putting in the order.
Are these a double sole with a lowered heel? Thats what I think, and this is the look I'm going for.
Also, whats the deal with sizing. All I know is I'm an 11 in vans and a 10 in my wolverine 1000 miles and quoddy's. What size should i go with or should I send in a measure?post #628 of 80278/23/12 at 10:28pmQuote:+1 on cuban heels
Also gnu check the previous pages. gd1944 posted some height pics of the different setups.post #629 of 80278/24/12 at 5:21am
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1527 Active Users (312 Members and 1215 Guests)
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 27 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 16 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.