also note that the sole pictured there is not a Whites sole, but a resole by that Japanese guy that everyone goes nuts for. Cant recall his name, but he does great work...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 42post #617 of 84548/19/12 at 2:23pmpost #618 of 84548/20/12 at 11:39ampost #619 of 84548/21/12 at 10:34pmpost #620 of 84548/22/12 at 12:18ampost #621 of 84548/22/12 at 10:26amQuote:Originally Posted by gnu
I'm thinking of building a pair similar to these, http://shop.imogeneandwillie.com/collections/mens/products/whites-boots-black-cap-toe
Are these a standard heel hight with a single sole?
That is standard heel height, block (traveler) heel. Single leather midsole with vibram composite half sole.post #622 of 84548/22/12 at 10:44ampost #623 of 84548/23/12 at 6:13am^^Thanks, I'm slowly deciding how I want to build my whites, hopefully I'll finish deciding on the specs by the end of the week so I can get the order in and get them back before winter.
So far I'm thinking Bounty Hunter style (6in) in the black CXL, with medallion toe cap and natural edges and block heel.
One thing I cant decide is whether to go with a single or double midsole. If I decide to go double can I still get the vibram half sole on? And if I can would the boot sole look super thick with a double midsole and vibram half sole? If I'm going to be wearing them at work I have to have that non-slip sole.
Also is there a place where I can look at or get info on the different lasts? I may still get semi-dress but I wasnt sure about the difference between the standard last, swing last, etc.
Thanks.post #624 of 84548/23/12 at 1:55pmpost #625 of 84548/23/12 at 1:59pmpost #626 of 84548/23/12 at 2:20pmpost #627 of 84548/23/12 at 7:43pmQuote:
Last question and then I'm putting in the order.
Are these a double sole with a lowered heel? Thats what I think, and this is the look I'm going for.
Also, whats the deal with sizing. All I know is I'm an 11 in vans and a 10 in my wolverine 1000 miles and quoddy's. What size should i go with or should I send in a measure?post #628 of 84548/23/12 at 10:28pmQuote:+1 on cuban heels
Also gnu check the previous pages. gd1944 posted some height pics of the different setups.post #629 of 84548/24/12 at 5:21ampost #630 of 84548/24/12 at 8:54am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1203 Active Users (238 Members and 965 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 8 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 13 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding