I personally don't like Wesco`s stitch interval...it seems too wide. Whites also have a great color and custom range...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 40post #586 of 95957/19/12 at 6:52ampost #587 of 95957/19/12 at 8:46amQuote:
I think I do; good description.Quote:
Thanks for input guys. They seem very comparable.post #588 of 95957/21/12 at 4:25ampost #589 of 95958/11/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
This thread is full of shiny new Whites so I figured I'd give a little update to the post above. Here are mine after ~3 months or so of daily work use. They get cleaned and oiled every couple weeks depending on conditions.post #590 of 95958/11/12 at 7:16pmpost #591 of 95958/12/12 at 4:54pmpost #592 of 95958/12/12 at 6:08pmpost #593 of 95958/14/12 at 8:55ampost #594 of 95958/14/12 at 11:16ampost #595 of 95958/14/12 at 11:53am
I'm looking at a pair of White's Insulated Hunter boots for winter. The three toe options (excluding the steel toe, which I'm obviously not interested in) are Standard, Celastic and Double Celastic. I really don't know what to get.
I understand the Celastic offers some degree of reinforcement and helps the toe box keep its structure - but I'd like to know what any White's Boots wearers have to say. I wouldn't be using these boots to carry around great piles of lumber or other heavy stuff I would drop on my toes - but I also don't want the toe box to collapse and lose its shape.
Clue me in.
Thanks!post #596 of 95958/14/12 at 12:05pm
go for the double if you are at all concerned. The single celastic on mine are only good for shape retention. I can totally flatten the toe out if I put enough pressure on it with my thumbs, so I doubt it would protect much against errant lumber. It does provide a bit of protection from the front, just not the top.
post #597 of 95958/14/12 at 1:37pm
Thanks for your thoughts. Are you by chance familiar with the Red Wing Round Toe (9111) 6" workboot? I have a pair and they have some degree of reinforcement in the toe - though when I phoned Red Wing to ask what it was, the guy told me he'd never even heard of "celastic" - though I have read the term on a number of sites. Anyway, the amount of reinforcement on the Red Wing boot's toebox is the most I'd want; I don't want them to be too hefty upfront. I guess I can crush it fairly flat with both thumbs, too.
If you - or anyone could compare the celastic on the White's to, say a pair of Red Wings, I'd much appreciate it.
Cheerspost #598 of 95958/14/12 at 1:43pmpost #599 of 95958/14/12 at 1:51pmpost #600 of 95958/14/12 at 2:54pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Stoffa Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 12 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 12 minutes ago
- › NWT Transit Uomo SS16 Woven Linen Blazer sz IT48, M Light Grey 14 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...