I personally don't like Wesco`s stitch interval...it seems too wide. Whites also have a great color and custom range...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 40
Styleforum Top Picks
I think I do; good description.
Thanks for input guys. They seem very comparable.
This thread is full of shiny new Whites so I figured I'd give a little update to the post above. Here are mine after ~3 months or so of daily work use. They get cleaned and oiled every couple weeks depending on conditions.
I'm looking at a pair of White's Insulated Hunter boots for winter. The three toe options (excluding the steel toe, which I'm obviously not interested in) are Standard, Celastic and Double Celastic. I really don't know what to get.
I understand the Celastic offers some degree of reinforcement and helps the toe box keep its structure - but I'd like to know what any White's Boots wearers have to say. I wouldn't be using these boots to carry around great piles of lumber or other heavy stuff I would drop on my toes - but I also don't want the toe box to collapse and lose its shape.
Clue me in.
go for the double if you are at all concerned. The single celastic on mine are only good for shape retention. I can totally flatten the toe out if I put enough pressure on it with my thumbs, so I doubt it would protect much against errant lumber. It does provide a bit of protection from the front, just not the top.
Thanks for your thoughts. Are you by chance familiar with the Red Wing Round Toe (9111) 6" workboot? I have a pair and they have some degree of reinforcement in the toe - though when I phoned Red Wing to ask what it was, the guy told me he'd never even heard of "celastic" - though I have read the term on a number of sites. Anyway, the amount of reinforcement on the Red Wing boot's toebox is the most I'd want; I don't want them to be too hefty upfront. I guess I can crush it fairly flat with both thumbs, too.
If you - or anyone could compare the celastic on the White's to, say a pair of Red Wings, I'd much appreciate it.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 11 seconds ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 20 minutes ago
- › What do you think of this leather weekender from Whipping Post...+... 24 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...