I personally don't like Wesco`s stitch interval...it seems too wide. Whites also have a great color and custom range...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 40
Styleforum Top Picks
I think I do; good description.
Thanks for input guys. They seem very comparable.
This thread is full of shiny new Whites so I figured I'd give a little update to the post above. Here are mine after ~3 months or so of daily work use. They get cleaned and oiled every couple weeks depending on conditions.
I'm looking at a pair of White's Insulated Hunter boots for winter. The three toe options (excluding the steel toe, which I'm obviously not interested in) are Standard, Celastic and Double Celastic. I really don't know what to get.
I understand the Celastic offers some degree of reinforcement and helps the toe box keep its structure - but I'd like to know what any White's Boots wearers have to say. I wouldn't be using these boots to carry around great piles of lumber or other heavy stuff I would drop on my toes - but I also don't want the toe box to collapse and lose its shape.
Clue me in.
go for the double if you are at all concerned. The single celastic on mine are only good for shape retention. I can totally flatten the toe out if I put enough pressure on it with my thumbs, so I doubt it would protect much against errant lumber. It does provide a bit of protection from the front, just not the top.
Thanks for your thoughts. Are you by chance familiar with the Red Wing Round Toe (9111) 6" workboot? I have a pair and they have some degree of reinforcement in the toe - though when I phoned Red Wing to ask what it was, the guy told me he'd never even heard of "celastic" - though I have read the term on a number of sites. Anyway, the amount of reinforcement on the Red Wing boot's toebox is the most I'd want; I don't want them to be too hefty upfront. I guess I can crush it fairly flat with both thumbs, too.
If you - or anyone could compare the celastic on the White's to, say a pair of Red Wings, I'd much appreciate it.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Fall classics! tweed, etc- Ralph Lauren blazers and suits italy,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › (11.21 ADD BRAND NEW Ring jacket 36&38,LaMatta 40, E.Formicola... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Alden Shell Cordovan Boots - Ravello, Whiskey, or Cigar 6 minutes ago
- › GREAT DEAL:RLBL RALPH LAUREN BLACK LABEL 40L WOOL/ cashmere SUIT 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories