or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 36

post #526 of 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

I did the first time multiple times he assured me in around 8 weeks I would get the same configuration but a size up.

lucky you !!! the lead time for white's is 8-10 weeks now. i still havent received my pairs after 8 weeks waiting !!! but i am so exciting to see them in 1-2 weeks time !!!

post #527 of 4533
Do you have to pay in full for the boots even before you receive them?
post #528 of 4533
With White's you must pay a deposit since they are custom orders, I think it might be $100 or around there. Once the boots are complete I think they'll then charge you the balance and send the boots out. I've never bothered with that and just payed in full when I ordered them.
post #529 of 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Do you have to pay in full for the boots even before you receive them?


If ordering through Bakers, the answer is yes.

post #530 of 4533
Anyone here with a single leather sole put a much thinner vibram half sole similar to a topy than what is offered? I have taps on my pair now but I want to wear them throughout winter as well. I was originally thinking of sending it back to Baker`s before then to have the thick composition half sole that white`s do but I want a much lower profile than that without having to alter the heel height since the standard heel height is high as is.
post #531 of 4533
post #532 of 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal_1 View Post

White's for Imogene + Willie: nod[1].gif WOW nod[1].gif
http://shop.imogeneandwillie.com/collections/whites-boots-for-i-w
Not sure what leather they used, but if cxl, holy markup.
post #533 of 4533

yea, that mark up is ridiculous.  Pretty sure the leather they are using is standard leathers available to anyone. 
 

post #534 of 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Anyone here with a single leather sole put a much thinner vibram half sole similar to a topy than what is offered? I have taps on my pair now but I want to wear them throughout winter as well. I was originally thinking of sending it back to Baker`s before then to have the thick composition half sole that white`s do but I want a much lower profile than that without having to alter the heel height since the standard heel height is high as is.


I have seen people do it with Wolverine 1000 boots, so Im sure it could be done. Its not stitched though, it was glued. Cant recall what thread I saw it in, but Im certain it was a wolverine 1000 mile thread:)

post #535 of 4533

I've topied wolverine 1000 mile in the past, worked well for rainy seattle. They had single leather sole iirc. Just take it to a shoe place and see what they have, most stock lots of vibram stuff.

post #536 of 4533
Yeah I`m gonna email bakers see if they can do it. It rained today and water did work on the single leather soles.
post #537 of 4533
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Yeah I`m gonna email bakers see if they can do it. It rained today and water did work on the single leather soles.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/1095

scroll down to post 1104

post #538 of 4533
I am diggin that vibram sole. Any idea which particular one matches up well with the quabaug heel?
post #539 of 4533

no clue, as mine have the composite half sole.  

post #540 of 4533
I think these would look great with single leather sole/close trim
579169_340590275996468_1186672889_n.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?