or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 303

post #4531 of 6135
Dudes here are chronic over-lubricators (ahem) uhoh.gif
Pull-up leather like CXL always looks a "little dry" so there is this temptation...
post #4532 of 6135

I was guilty of that with my first pair...not doing that again with my new ones. 

post #4533 of 6135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certifiedinsane View Post



Smokejumpers with flat waxed laces

Beautiful pair.. Did I just read on the IR forum that this pair is a couple of years old and you just applied only the 2nd coat of Obenaufs.. That is amazing.. How did you get that shine?  Also did not know that Brown Smooth gets that rich with use.. 


Edited by mogili222 - 8/1/14 at 7:17pm
post #4534 of 6135

It’s more LP than use that makes them shiny… My boots arrived shiny.

Arrived treated with LP.

post #4535 of 6135
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Dudes here are chronic over-lubricators (ahem) uhoh.gif
Pull-up leather like CXL always looks a "little dry" so there is this temptation...

#Louie'd
post #4536 of 6135
4Char, I'm having a love affair with your SJ's... We rent hotel rooms when your at work happy.gif
post #4537 of 6135
Quote:
Originally Posted by westie187 View Post

#Louie'd

Nah, Louie would have thrown down some Titanic-sized, obscenity-laced, derogatory-filled, grammatically-incorrect type ish on that ass, topped with a bucket of Huberds!
post #4538 of 6135

I thought I'd share a few pictures and my experience with White's.  Growing up in the Southwest and working as a firefighter I have known about White's for a long time but have been too cheap to go out on a limb and get a pair.  Wasting time on ebay I noticed that there are a handful of old/used up boots that can be picked up for a good deal.  I scored a pair of lineman/SJ boots.  $80 included shipping.  I shipped the boots to White's along with a sketch and measurements of my feet and we decided to go with an 11.5 E and down grade it the the original SJ (less leather and less weight than the lineman).  I asked to leave the midsole and stacked heel natural, but other than that it is the plain old smoke jumper, ready for some wildland firefighting.  I'm a 12 in Adidas/Nike. 11.5 EE in Danner, 10.5D in Red Wing IR/1907 and a 11D in Wolverine 1000 Mile.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #4539 of 6135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post
 

Beautiful pair.. Did I just read on the IR forum that this pair is a couple of years old and you just applied only the 2nd coat of Obenaufs.. That is amazing.. How did you get that shine?  Also did not know that Brown Smooth gets that rich with use.. 

hey mogili222, yeah they are around 2yrs old. true that you get the richness in brown smooth leather with more LP than use as LP really does darkens them quite a bit...and the shine, you'll need elbow grease and horsehair brush. :)

post #4540 of 6135
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

@meso, Kyle all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by westie187 View Post

#Louie'd

Nah, Louie would have thrown down some Titanic-sized, obscenity-laced, derogatory-filled, grammatically-incorrect type ish on that ass, topped with a bucket of Huberds!

Lol.
post #4541 of 6135

Thank you for the response @Certifiedinsane. I can never get a shine after I apply Obenauf LP. Could be that I am applying too much of it.. Will go a little easy with the LP next time and try brushing more.. 

post #4542 of 6135
If you really want a shine, use some neutral wax polish. Not recommended for oil leathers per se, but it's still done all the time.
post #4543 of 6135
(Warning crappy cell phone pics ahead)
I just got my first pair of Whites in the mail today. The fit is perfect(thanks Kyle) and they look great. I will post a more in depth review and impressions after a few wears.

post #4544 of 6135

Nice!!!

post #4545 of 6135
Stunning, any chance to know what the makeup is on these? Especially the last (toe looks very low profile), etc. The color combination is perfect as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMBERLION View Post

(Warning crappy cell phone pics ahead)
I just got my first pair of Whites in the mail today. The fit is perfect(thanks Kyle) and they look great. I will post a more in depth review and impressions after a few wears.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?