or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 4

post #46 of 3610
Call Whites or Bakers and order them up. Nobody stocks them. or, checkout the EBay auctions to see if any pop up.
post #47 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by illumin8em View Post
since this thread is actually getting some interest, i just want to throw out there,

if anyone has a used pair of whites in 10.5, let me know

hi- i've got a pair of whites 10.5D hightop boots, probably packers (steel toe) vibram sole, brown leather, used but not abused, kept clean/oiled (i've got several pair of Whites, love them but need to thin the herd)

if you're interested, please email me and i can send you some pics.

thanks, Reid
post #48 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
Call Whites or Bakers and order them up. Nobody stocks them. or, checkout the EBay auctions to see if any pop up.

Forgive me for being a noob, but I couldn't find that makeup anywhere on either site. When I look up farmers-ranchers I get something that looks nothing like yours.

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php...oduct_id=29871

Can you help point me in the right direction of at least what to say? For instance, what each component of your boots is? I'd really appreciate it. A PM would do.

Thanks so much.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #49 of 3610
Anyone have anymore to add regarding these and alden indys?
post #50 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post
Forgive me for being a noob, but I couldn't find that makeup anywhere on either site. When I look up farmers-ranchers I get something that looks nothing like yours.

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php...oduct_id=29871

Can you help point me in the right direction of at least what to say? For instance, what each component of your boots is? I'd really appreciate it. A PM would do.

Thanks so much.

White's does custom boots...that is almost all they do. The pics they show are merely one representative example of their offerings. If you want the boot to look like mine order a Farmer/Rancher in brown rough out leather, single leather midsole, Vibram mini-lug outsole, tapered heel, brass hook/eyelet combo and no toe box reinforcement (if you want them just like mine). You will never find a "click to order" configuration like this but that isn't how White's works so don't expect it.
post #51 of 3610
Thread Starter 
Yeah I used the Bakershoe.com website to help me figure out some of the possible options that were available for the Semi Dress model. They have a link that helps illustrate some of the possible custom options. However, they have some other options that aren't found easily. For instance, I saw someone on the forums had their 90 degree block heel lowered by 1/4", which gave the heel a more casual look. So I asked White's for that on my custom order, and it wasn't a problem. Can't wait to get them.
post #52 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydc7 View Post
From what people have said on SuFu go up a half size, so you'd be a 9.5D. You can always do your tracings and send them in to whites/bakers and they will match a last for your foot.

I thought I`ve read in sufu that they`re actually true to size? The Wolverine 1000 mile addison you actually size .5 - 1 down
post #53 of 3610
I just checked some of my size 9 TTS boots and they are 10 1/2 inches from heel to toe internally.

Here`s a listing by whitesriver off ebay saying their 8.5 is 10 1/2 inches internally from heel to toe.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Whites-Boots-Sem...item483eadf851

Here`s their size 9 saying they`re 10 3/4 inches internally.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Whites-Boots-Sem...item3cb460e65e

So from this I gather you actually go .5 size down? Can anyone confirm? Mix answers off Sufu some saying they went their regular size, some sized up, some sized down on the SD`s
post #54 of 3610
When ordering Whites, order the same boot size that you wear from Red Wings, Chippewa, Alden, Clark's desert boots, Wolverine, etc.

That's what I've found personally with my 11D size. Your mileage may vary...
post #55 of 3610
New boot at bakers... http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-bra...sic-work-boot/
post #56 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
When odering Whites, order the same boot size that you wear from Red Wings, Chippewa, Alden, Wolverine, etc.

I own a pair of wolverine so that is the only basis I can use.
post #57 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacky View Post
I saw someone on the forums had their 90 degree block heel lowered by 1/4", which gave the heel a more casual look.

Heresy! I like the curved heel at full height -- it adds a good 1.5 inches. I'm probably nearly 6'5 wearing the things.
post #58 of 3610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post
Heresy! I like the curved heel at full height -- it adds a good 1.5 inches. I'm probably nearly 6'5 wearing the things.

Perhaps...but, I'm already 6'4" barefoot. Another 1.5 and I'd run into the ceilings in my crappy apartment.

Either way, I debated that decision. It's only a quarter of an inch. We'll see when they show up how things turned out.

As an aside, when you order custom whites, do they send the boots with any extras? Laces, conditioners, etc? Anyone know?
post #59 of 3610
I am about to place my order with Baker. We`ll see how this turns out
post #60 of 3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide13 View Post
White's does custom boots...that is almost all they do. The pics they show are merely one representative example of their offerings. If you want the boot to look like mine order a Farmer/Rancher in brown rough out leather, single leather midsole, Vibram mini-lug outsole, tapered heel, brass hook/eyelet combo and no toe box reinforcement (if you want them just like mine). You will never find a "click to order" configuration like this but that isn't how White's works so don't expect it.

Thanks. I genuinely didn't expect it but just felt lost with all of the options. Now I know what to get. I'll look for black rough out leather, if they have it.

So is the general consensus to order the same size as Wolverine? I'm an 8.5D in them, 9D measured, but I go 8.5E in Yuketen. I do own quite a few dress shoes in 9 so I'm unsure. Last thing I want is a rugged boot I can't wear thick socks in.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?