or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 291

post #4351 of 5041

Ok, as I seem to have run out of important questions, I've one last detail for you guys: on the build-a-boot website, the choices for laces are nylon and leather. I really like flat waxed cotton laces (which I've seen on pairs of stock White's boots for sale on websites (http://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/footwear/whites-boots-semi-dress-english-tan)). Does anybody know if these can be chosen, or if there is a third party website that stocks them in the appropriate length (for a semi-dress build)?

post #4352 of 5041

Ok back to work boots costing under $250

 

Thanks guys for telling me that those slick horsehide boots were no good for welding. I pulled these boots from under my bed.

The lighter colored  ones have little lug soles and you can tell real easy if they get welding rod burns.

I picked these up at Kmart on sale for 65.00 because the laces did not match and they could work too. or


I found these pullups under my bed too, The rough up leather front and could keep my socks clean too.

 

What so you think? (Gosh I sure wish I had 6 pairs to chose from.....)

 

Remember I have to wear the matching leather belt and leather jacket or the other welder guys will talk about me in the break room.

 

They even use swear words sometimes :eek: just to hurt my feelings.  I of course, would have to report that to HR.:nodding:

 

PS I have a leftover zero from somewhere....

post #4353 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsthompson View Post
 

Ok, as I seem to have run out of important questions, I've one last detail for you guys: on the build-a-boot website, the choices for laces are nylon and leather. I really like flat waxed cotton laces (which I've seen on pairs of stock White's boots for sale on websites (http://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/footwear/whites-boots-semi-dress-english-tan)). Does anybody know if these can be chosen, or if there is a third party website that stocks them in the appropriate length (for a semi-dress build)?

 

 

 

snors.shoefriends on ebay from Germany DE 130CM $3.29 a pair 11.29 for 3 pairs inc shipping. OR Benjos for $9.00 a pair ( AE has them wit free shipping)

 

yea tough decision requiring higher math to figure out...sorry


Edited by LouieBailie - 7/19/14 at 4:13pm
post #4354 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathpah View Post

Might I recommend that you start one?  You've done your research, both in reading and in purchasing, and would therefore be a very qualified party to do so.  It could even be a PacNW boot thread, as that would then stay within the same style of boot, yet would keep the Red Wing and Wolverine stuff out of it (no offense to those brands, but they both have big threads as it is, and they're on a different level than Wesco/White's/Viberg/Nick's/etc).  

If you'd prefer not to start that, just say the word and I'll do so.

F*cking brilliant idea!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/405362/the-great-cascadia-boot-thread
post #4355 of 5041

bye bye

post #4356 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by westie187 View Post

I just re-soled a pair or William Lennon boots through Brian Truong, a cobbler who does amazing stuff! 

Check him out on IG at "brianthebootmaker". Or contact him at roleclub@yahoo.com.

Thanks! Some truly great work there. Can you give me a rough idea of what he charges for resolving, and how long yours took?
post #4357 of 5041
He charged me a little over $300, but he had to convert mine to a hand welted construction. He also replaced two broken pull tabs. Your re-sole may be a bit cheaper. Super nice guy; does great work!
Edited by westie187 - 7/20/14 at 8:12am
post #4358 of 5041
About two months, to answer your other question .
post #4359 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post


Thanks! Some truly great work there. Can you give me a rough idea of what he charges for resolving, and how long yours took?

I had also contacted Brian for a resole for my Iron Rangers and he quoted $275 + $15 for shipping. Reasonable for the work he does, however I did not go through with it as my IRs themselves cost that much and they were still not yet due for a resole. 

post #4360 of 5041

Louie---thanks so much for the shoelaces link---I had been looking for that kind of lace for weeks; could not find them anywhere...

post #4361 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post
 

I had also contacted Brian for a resole for my Iron Rangers and he quoted $275 + $15 for shipping. Reasonable for the work he does, however I did not go through with it as my IRs themselves cost that much and they were still not yet due for a resole. 


Does the guy wear a MASK when he robs you?

 

Whites charges 108 for resole and heels, Wesco charges 112 for soles and heels Drews boots that works on most boots charges 110-120 depending on heels.

 

The local guy to me with a mere 45 years of service who does perfect work using JR leather soles and AE or Alden heels charges $145. He did the Aldens with the Vibram full soles/heels a few posts up for $80 out the door...

 

You guys should learn to watch what you pay or you will get taken each and every time.

post #4362 of 5041

Brian is more of a boot artist than a cobbler and people are willing to pay for what he does... Nothing wrong with that.

post #4363 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Brian is more of a boot artist than a cobbler

lurker[1].gif
post #4364 of 5041
post #4365 of 5041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsthompson View Post
 

Ok, as I seem to have run out of important questions, I've one last detail for you guys: on the build-a-boot website, the choices for laces are nylon and leather. I really like flat waxed cotton laces (which I've seen on pairs of stock White's boots for sale on websites (http://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/footwear/whites-boots-semi-dress-english-tan)). Does anybody know if these can be chosen, or if there is a third party website that stocks them in the appropriate length (for a semi-dress build)?

I got some brown flat waxed laces on amazon for a pair of Daytons. So far so good. Not too expensive, and lots of length choices.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?