or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 289

post #4321 of 5911
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Guys, I am getting posts flagged in this thread almost daily. I don't know what the beef is, but stop it. Play nice. This will be my one and only warning.

Thnx.

I for one have a few ideas why this is happening... But rather than flag posts myself, I've just tuned this thread out (for the most part).
post #4322 of 5911
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

I for one have a few ideas why this is happening... But rather than flag posts myself, I've just tuned this thread out (for the most part).

Say it isn't so! What's the White's thread without b-ewing..?
post #4323 of 5911
Haha, a more attentive husband for one biggrin.gif

Apart from my disinterest in participating in a lot of the ridiculousness here of late, there's the fact that my boot collection has pretty much hit critical mass (upon delivery of some wesco packers). I've told myself I need to slow my roll; these forums are like a recovering alcoholic walking into a bar!

Btw here's the last straw pair


Edited by b-ewing - 7/18/14 at 4:57pm
post #4324 of 5911
Great looking boot!! Enjoy!! Like you I am trying to enjoy what I own to their fullest potential rather than just continually adding more.
post #4325 of 5911
Ryden, thx for the compliments. These things look cooler after a ton of wear (and careful attention), right?! smile.gif
post #4326 of 5911
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

Ryden, thx for the compliments. These things look cooler after a ton of wear (and careful attention), right?! smile.gif

Agreed! I love them new but even more with true wear and patina
post #4327 of 5911

Yes, decisions in life are tough, but they still have to be made. 

 


Gotta keep the White's boots pretty. So gee, which boots should I wear while welding in my roll bar?

post #4328 of 5911

Cordo is a great work boot leather… Its density realy helps deflect sparks and metal shards. so I’d think any of them would be just fine…

post #4329 of 5911
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post


I for one have a few ideas why this is happening... But rather than flag posts myself, I've just tuned this thread out (for the most part).

I agree with this, but i'm guilty of flagging one. It's why I lurk way more than I post, especially lately.

post #4330 of 5911
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

Haha, a more attentive husband for one biggrin.gif

Apart from my disinterest in participating in a lot of the ridiculousness here of late, there's the fact that my boot collection has pretty much hit critical mass (upon delivery of some wesco packers). I've told myself I need to slow my roll; these forums are like a recovering alcoholic walking into a bar!

Btw here's the last straw pair

Beautiful.  Details?

post #4331 of 5911
Thx for the comments bros! These are packers on the motor patrol last, 7" height, 269 outsoles, natural midsoles (single) and heel (standard), brass eyelets and hooks, and black tie leather. Basically, a poor man's flightmaster with natural stained trim. If you're looking for a boot with the refinement of the 2030 last but still retaining the ruggedness of an American workbook this is the one for you

Here's a top profile


And heel (not for the wussy lowered block heel type tongue.gifwink.gif )

post #4332 of 5911
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

Thx for the comments bros! These are packers on the motor patrol last, 7" height, 269 outsoles, natural midsoles (single) and heel (standard), brass eyelets and hooks, and black tie leather. Basically, a poor man's flightmaster with natural stained trim. If you're looking for a boot with the refinement of the 2030 last but still retaining the ruggedness of an American workbook this is the one for you

Here's a top profile


And heel (not for the wussy lowered block heel type tongue.gifwink.gif )

Wussy lowered block heel type chiming in again...

 

Flightmaster?  Motor Patrol Last?  Either we're not talking about White's anymore, or they've released a lot of new things recently.  Care to elaborate?

post #4333 of 5911
Haha, yeah these are wesco. And yeah, I'm sure I've had a post flagged for my heel height taunting biggrin.gif (my apologies if I've offended any of you- I'm such a hypocrite). To be fair and fully disclosed, I totally and completely think there is room for both. I do, however, love to stoke the fire on that topic tongue.gif
post #4334 of 5911
Does anyone know how the classic work boot differs from the bounty hunter? In looking at pictures, I'm struggling to pick up on the differences. Any thoughts on which model (semi dress, classic work boot, or bounty hunter 6") would best compliment distressed smooth leather with a block heel and vibram 430 sole, lowered by a 1/4 inch, worn by a guy that doesn't do much actual work, apart from the occasional light hike with his boys and work around the yard?

Feel like all the choices that come with fully customizable boots are driving me crazy!
post #4335 of 5911
Quote:
If you place the can under your drivers seat, it makes your truck/car go faster and get better gas mileage too. 

Awesome because I've been driving the same '73 Caddy Coupe DeVille for the last 18 years.  I bet I'll get 20mpg with Huberd's!:lol:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?