or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 285

post #4261 of 5808

I really like how those look. Do you find that the surface of water buffalo is really tough and resists scuffs and scratches?

post #4262 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post
 

Some oldies, but hopefully some are interested in how boots wear on...but can`t help putting cream on my water buffalo`s!

 

 

I love seeing pics of how boots age.  That's a fine pair @daizawaguy

 

 

Here are my brown oil tan F/R with about 20 hours on them.  For color reference, these have not been treated with anything.

 

 

 

post #4263 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post
 

I really like how those look. Do you find that the surface of water buffalo is really tough and resists scuffs and scratches?

Water Buffalo is a thin leather, but its sure tough. It does have that natural gloss, so I`d say is a dress leather, but for someone after a thin and flexible part of the boot, could fit the shaft only well, as in my water buffalo top, and rough out bottom boots. But its a lined by requirement boot, and the water buffalo only is a pretty sturdy boot, with lightness and flexibility to boot. I love the leather.

post #4264 of 5808
Anybody have more pics of white's oxfords?
post #4265 of 5808
No more than one can google. I am about to buy Whites oxfords too. Baker's offers this Bakers oxford http://www.bakershoe.com/Product/Detail/bakers-oxford/ Does anyone know who makes it?
post #4266 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Anybody have more pics of white's oxfords?


Here's the "poleclimber" oxford that they did for Nepenthes.  You can also get the lineman patch on Baker's version of the oxford shoe.

 

 

I am not a big fan of this sole, but it'd be cool with a more standard sole and heel I think.

post #4267 of 5808

Since most of you people like the "pretty boots & shoes " it may be of interest to you to know how to keep the brushes used on them pretty too....

 

Here are the ones made from Yak hair, made in Germany, 25-28 years old, a little pricey, they like to be on their own. :fonz:

.

 

They are made from very dense clusters of Tibetian yak hair. The ones with handles are Redecker , the one on top was made in USA by shoe company that is now closed. All German made or German decent company owners that only deal/dealt in the very best in the world. (Some Japanese manufactures custom hand make the Yak hair brushes now, also. They always were good at coping stuff.)

 

 

 

 

 

Here are the brushes for lighter colored leather, USA made from horsehair in the late 30s-mid 50s. I like 3-4 particular out of business manufactures.

 

They don't like mixing with the darker colored brushes or the polish will rub off on them:D,  all at least 50 years old. Notice very dense clusters of longer horse hair on the larger and close cropped on the "travel" brushes.

 

 

Here are the same USA made/manufactured brushes with darker horse hair from the same 3-4 makers. All from late 30-mid 50s.

 

These brushes are for darker color shoes & boots.

 

Real dark then lighter for cordovan and then my 2 cleaning brushes on the top right.

 

All the cleaning brushes are German Redeckers hand tied in hair, made from very hard dense horsehair.

 

 

Finally here is the power wheel, I it use to buff to extremely high sheen. 3 inch long horse hair made in USA on a Baldor 1750rpm trimmed to 400rpm.

 

 

 

All my stuff is serviced/cleaned about once a year . I use Spray Nine that dissolves the polishes and residue, spray it on and scrub the brushes with a hand brush, shake them out, and then brush the hair to restore the shape and alignment. Let Air dry or place on shoe rack in dryer on low air only.

 

But really, I don't know much about maintaining shoes boots I got all these pics from the internet.:spew:.

 

 

The process leaves the brush hair like is came out of the womb. Then you can keep your pretty boots and shoes pretty.....too.

post #4268 of 5808

Louie, your crazy, but I realy like you...:cheers:

post #4269 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Louie, your crazy, but I realy like you...cheers.gif
He certainly makes things interesting around here
post #4270 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post

No more than one can google. I am about to buy Whites oxfords too. Baker's offers this Bakers oxford http://www.bakershoe.com/Product/Detail/bakers-oxford/ Does anyone know who makes it?

Weinbrenner USA

 

99.9% sure

post #4271 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieBailie View Post
 

Weinbrenner USA

 

99.9% sure

pretty sure they are made by drew's boots in Eugene, OR. 

post #4272 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shivman View Post
 

pretty sure they are made by drew's boots in Eugene, OR. 


You of course know that Drews boots owns the retail moniker "Bakers Boots" and they both operate out of the same retail space on 2642 Roosevelt Blvd. Eugene, OR 97402?

 

Where would does that manufacturing take place?

post #4273 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizawaguy View Post
 

Some oldies, but hopefully some are interested in how boots wear on...but can`t help putting cream on my water buffalo`s!

 

 

 

 

 

 

These look pretty sick

post #4274 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieBailie View Post
 

OK someone pointed out to me that the black brushes should be on their own table, separate from those brown brushes.

 

I apologize to all those black brushes, that I have offended. 

 

I am going out to get them a new, bigger free table of their own, right now.

 

I will even add a white table cloth for them to rest/rely/lean on/mooch from,  for this serious transgression.

 

PS for you guys wanting to see more of those Lace to toe "oxford" shoes try the bowling alleys they a have plenty.........................

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::crackup::crackup: :crackup::crackup:

post #4275 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieBailie View Post
 

Since most of you people like the "pretty boots & shoes " it may be of interest to you to know how to keep the brushes used on them pretty too....

 

Here are the ones made from Yak hair, made in Germany, 25-28 years old, a little pricey, they like to be on their own. :fonz:

.

 

They are made from very dense clusters of Tibetian yak hair. The ones with handles are Redecker , the one on top was made in USA by shoe company that is now closed. All German made or German decent company owners that only deal/dealt in the very best in the world. (Some Japanese manufactures custom hand make the Yak hair brushes now, also. They always were good at coping stuff.)

 

 

 

 

 

Here are the brushes for lighter colored leather, USA made from horsehair in the late 30s-mid 50s. I like 3-4 particular out of business manufactures.

 

They don't like mixing with the darker colored brushes or the polish will rub off on them:D,  all at least 50 years old. Notice very dense clusters of longer horse hair on the larger and close cropped on the "travel" brushes.

 

 

Here are the same USA made/manufactured brushes with darker horse hair from the same 3-4 makers. All from late 30-mid 50s.

 

These brushes are for darker color shoes & boots.

 

Real dark then lighter for cordovan and then my 2 cleaning brushes on the top right.

 

All the cleaning brushes are German Redeckers hand tied in hair, made from very hard dense horsehair.

 

 

Finally here is the power wheel, I it use to buff to extremely high sheen. 3 inch long horse hair made in USA on a Baldor 1750rpm trimmed to 400rpm.

 

 

 

All my stuff is serviced/cleaned about once a year . I use Spray Nine that dissolves the polishes and residue, spray it on and scrub the brushes with a hand brush, shake them out, and then brush the hair to restore the shape and alignment. Let Air dry or place on shoe rack in dryer on low air only.

 

But really, I don't know much about maintaining shoes boots I got all these pics from the internet.:spew:.

 

 

The process leaves the brush hair like is came out of the womb. Then you can keep your pretty boots and shoes pretty.....too.

:eek::eek::worship2::worship2::worship: :worship: I'm speechless.:crazy: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?