Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 284
Styleforum Top Picks
This how to maintain the shape of any leather shoes boots. Plus save money purchasing the same by expanding the size range.you are able to custom fit to your feet.
One is able to go up 1/2 to 3/4 size in length and out one width or down 1/2 size in length and in one width size.
One can install their favorite/best fitting shoe/boots on it, record the settings and then resize current items and and future purchases for that custom fit....All it takes is shoe/stretch solution that one can make at home.
The shoes on the Cametti Ultra88 in the pictures are 9 years old, made out of Ravello color shell cordovan leather, and fit me perfectly with no signs of creases or wrinkles.
This is just one of the tools I use to maintain my shoes and boots to keep them in excellent condition thus making them last years and years.
After my post above and seeing a pic closer up I can say I would have no complaint with that shelf either. My SJ's are just about flush but from an actual usage standpoint that shelf is just about perfect. You will have fewer scratches and gouges on the back stay. Those are damn nice boots. I really like 'em.
As for how far apart the eylets are? That is good as well since they will stretch and they'll get a little closer together as they are worn. The salesman where I bought my White's told me that when new you don't want the eyelets (or the opposite sides of the shoes) too close together.
Very smart salesman that is looking out for your future use of the boots.
Common procedure: Wet them down, put them on, (after putting on real heavy socks) lace them up. They will dry form fit.
"How does it shrink the shoes one size?"
Never made that statement, 1/2 a size is what I use as a limit. All leather will shrink when wet and when on the lasts you can relast it down. I have gone from 11.5 E down to 11 D in boots several times.
You want to know what it is and cost. Here is a outright steal on one of the machines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/850-Ultra-Cam-80-Professional-Medium-Shoe-Stretcher-Machine-Made-in-Milan-Italy-/121378543799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c42b998b7
This is even the better than the model I have, with the HD wheels instead of handles.Tear it apart paint it and it will be brand new.
The complete new last set is $250.00. It pays for itself over and over if you like nice shoes/boots.
Do not get the compact model you can not use it on boots or chukkas
Edited by LouieBailie - 7/10/14 at 1:42pm
Here is my new order that I just placed with Bakers Shoes.
Baker's Custom Bounty Hunter by White's Boots
Leather Liner: Cream
Size - Length: 9
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Toe Vamp Leather: Red Dog Smooth
Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter)
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Heel Base: Standard
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Size - Width: D (medium)
Heel Lifts: Standard
Toe Cap Leather Color: Does not apply
Top: Cut Top (standard)
Lace Design: Plain Toe
Counter Leather: Red Dog Smooth
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Distressed Smooth
Pull Loops: Leather Pull Loops
Sole: Vibram 700
Yea Whites has a pair of them for sale for $275.00
No after reading fully, the ones Whites has for sale are more expensive leather..than those Red Dogs...
I have read about that procedure in numerous places online. However, I also read an interview with the CEO of Whites and he said not to do that. It will ruin the boot since they use nails to put them together and watterlogging a boot can cause the nails to pull out.
You meay be referring to just wetting them real good but i have read posts and articles where they tell you to completely soak the boot and then wear it until it dries out. The complete saturation of the sole and leather is what the CEO of White's said not to do.
As far as your stretching machine? That thing is awesome and it's obvious you're a serious shoe/boot guy. I think in the future everyone will be happy you're here. Even those who got a litle perturbed at first.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 6 minutes ago
- › ethan's Musing on the Near East 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 19 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 19 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 22 minutes ago
- › Shirt fit on suit when leaving collar unbuttoned 31 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...