Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 284
Styleforum Top Picks
This how to maintain the shape of any leather shoes boots. Plus save money purchasing the same by expanding the size range.you are able to custom fit to your feet.
One is able to go up 1/2 to 3/4 size in length and out one width or down 1/2 size in length and in one width size.
One can install their favorite/best fitting shoe/boots on it, record the settings and then resize current items and and future purchases for that custom fit....All it takes is shoe/stretch solution that one can make at home.
The shoes on the Cametti Ultra88 in the pictures are 9 years old, made out of Ravello color shell cordovan leather, and fit me perfectly with no signs of creases or wrinkles.
This is just one of the tools I use to maintain my shoes and boots to keep them in excellent condition thus making them last years and years.
After my post above and seeing a pic closer up I can say I would have no complaint with that shelf either. My SJ's are just about flush but from an actual usage standpoint that shelf is just about perfect. You will have fewer scratches and gouges on the back stay. Those are damn nice boots. I really like 'em.
As for how far apart the eylets are? That is good as well since they will stretch and they'll get a little closer together as they are worn. The salesman where I bought my White's told me that when new you don't want the eyelets (or the opposite sides of the shoes) too close together.
Very smart salesman that is looking out for your future use of the boots.
Common procedure: Wet them down, put them on, (after putting on real heavy socks) lace them up. They will dry form fit.
"How does it shrink the shoes one size?"
Never made that statement, 1/2 a size is what I use as a limit. All leather will shrink when wet and when on the lasts you can relast it down. I have gone from 11.5 E down to 11 D in boots several times.
You want to know what it is and cost. Here is a outright steal on one of the machines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/850-Ultra-Cam-80-Professional-Medium-Shoe-Stretcher-Machine-Made-in-Milan-Italy-/121378543799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c42b998b7
This is even the better than the model I have, with the HD wheels instead of handles.Tear it apart paint it and it will be brand new.
The complete new last set is $250.00. It pays for itself over and over if you like nice shoes/boots.
Do not get the compact model you can not use it on boots or chukkas
Edited by LouieBailie - 7/10/14 at 1:42pm
Here is my new order that I just placed with Bakers Shoes.
Baker's Custom Bounty Hunter by White's Boots
Leather Liner: Cream
Size - Length: 9
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Toe Vamp Leather: Red Dog Smooth
Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter)
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Heel Base: Standard
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Size - Width: D (medium)
Heel Lifts: Standard
Toe Cap Leather Color: Does not apply
Top: Cut Top (standard)
Lace Design: Plain Toe
Counter Leather: Red Dog Smooth
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Distressed Smooth
Pull Loops: Leather Pull Loops
Sole: Vibram 700
Yea Whites has a pair of them for sale for $275.00
No after reading fully, the ones Whites has for sale are more expensive leather..than those Red Dogs...
I have read about that procedure in numerous places online. However, I also read an interview with the CEO of Whites and he said not to do that. It will ruin the boot since they use nails to put them together and watterlogging a boot can cause the nails to pull out.
You meay be referring to just wetting them real good but i have read posts and articles where they tell you to completely soak the boot and then wear it until it dries out. The complete saturation of the sole and leather is what the CEO of White's said not to do.
As far as your stretching machine? That thing is awesome and it's obvious you're a serious shoe/boot guy. I think in the future everyone will be happy you're here. Even those who got a litle perturbed at first.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › things that are making you happy 18 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Lasted Shoe Trees 3 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 5 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories