Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 7:39 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 6:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 284
Styleforum Top Picks
This how to maintain the shape of any leather shoes boots. Plus save money purchasing the same by expanding the size range.you are able to custom fit to your feet.
One is able to go up 1/2 to 3/4 size in length and out one width or down 1/2 size in length and in one width size.
One can install their favorite/best fitting shoe/boots on it, record the settings and then resize current items and and future purchases for that custom fit....All it takes is shoe/stretch solution that one can make at home.
The shoes on the Cametti Ultra88 in the pictures are 9 years old, made out of Ravello color shell cordovan leather, and fit me perfectly with no signs of creases or wrinkles.
This is just one of the tools I use to maintain my shoes and boots to keep them in excellent condition thus making them last years and years.
After my post above and seeing a pic closer up I can say I would have no complaint with that shelf either. My SJ's are just about flush but from an actual usage standpoint that shelf is just about perfect. You will have fewer scratches and gouges on the back stay. Those are damn nice boots. I really like 'em.
As for how far apart the eylets are? That is good as well since they will stretch and they'll get a little closer together as they are worn. The salesman where I bought my White's told me that when new you don't want the eyelets (or the opposite sides of the shoes) too close together.
Very smart salesman that is looking out for your future use of the boots.
Common procedure: Wet them down, put them on, (after putting on real heavy socks) lace them up. They will dry form fit.
"How does it shrink the shoes one size?"
Never made that statement, 1/2 a size is what I use as a limit. All leather will shrink when wet and when on the lasts you can relast it down. I have gone from 11.5 E down to 11 D in boots several times.
You want to know what it is and cost. Here is a outright steal on one of the machines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/850-Ultra-Cam-80-Professional-Medium-Shoe-Stretcher-Machine-Made-in-Milan-Italy-/121378543799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c42b998b7
This is even the better than the model I have, with the HD wheels instead of handles.Tear it apart paint it and it will be brand new.
The complete new last set is $250.00. It pays for itself over and over if you like nice shoes/boots.
Do not get the compact model you can not use it on boots or chukkas
Edited by LouieBailie - 7/10/14 at 1:42pm
Here is my new order that I just placed with Bakers Shoes.
Baker's Custom Bounty Hunter by White's Boots
Leather Liner: Cream
Size - Length: 9
Toe Cap: No Thanks
Celastic Toe Box: Single Celastic Toe
Toe Vamp Leather: Red Dog Smooth
Last: Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter)
Hardware: Brass Eyes & Hooks
Heel Base: Standard
Steel Toe: No Thanks
Size - Width: D (medium)
Heel Lifts: Standard
Toe Cap Leather Color: Does not apply
Top: Cut Top (standard)
Lace Design: Plain Toe
Counter Leather: Red Dog Smooth
Upper (Shaft) Leather: Distressed Smooth
Pull Loops: Leather Pull Loops
Sole: Vibram 700
Yea Whites has a pair of them for sale for $275.00
No after reading fully, the ones Whites has for sale are more expensive leather..than those Red Dogs...
I have read about that procedure in numerous places online. However, I also read an interview with the CEO of Whites and he said not to do that. It will ruin the boot since they use nails to put them together and watterlogging a boot can cause the nails to pull out.
You meay be referring to just wetting them real good but i have read posts and articles where they tell you to completely soak the boot and then wear it until it dries out. The complete saturation of the sole and leather is what the CEO of White's said not to do.
As far as your stretching machine? That thing is awesome and it's obvious you're a serious shoe/boot guy. I think in the future everyone will be happy you're here. Even those who got a litle perturbed at first.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 23 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 26 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015