If you're referring to the post just above yours, you only need to use one caret.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 265
Styleforum Top Picks
After finished marathon reading, I really love to jump on to the same boat. May I harvest some more idea from here....
I have wide duck feet, normal-low arch, work as construction site manager, tropical rain and hot weather country. Plenty of walk thru rain, mud and sand. I planned to have a real workboots with some good looking and able to get along with formal dress pant if required.
1. not yet specified model, but quite lean to BH 6". is there any better choice for me?
2.does double celastic toe strong enough for accidental 5-10 kg box dropping on? If not, I may consider composite toe option.
3.Considering Brown CXL, Brgundy CXL, Dress brown but might changed to oil tan if composite toe is the way to go
4.What is the benefit of leather linging? will i cause more sweaty feet in my climate?
My current plan:
Bounty hunter 6"
All Dress brown
Double celastic toe
double stitch standard trim
no toe cap
Any advice about required are very pleased, I'm a non-asthetic brain man :P
The famous Kyle is the one who replies to Baker's customer service. If you email and start to ask about foot tracings he will reply and give you all the details. I sent mine snail mail with my contact info and he replied and told me which size to order. White's tracings are done through their catalog which must first be ordered online. It seems to take 2-3 weeks for the catalog to arrive. I recommend going through Baker's because of the customizability and customer service.
is this the email i can contact kyle at? email@example.com
Very nice to see a comparison. You sir are an aesthetically brained gentleman!
I'm a relatively dis-aesthetic brained man myself, but I would suggest that CXL leather is not a good option if you are considering a genuine work-boot that can also be used in a formal setting. Brown Oil Tan is sturdier, Brown dress is, well, dressier. CXL might be a good option if you didn't have rain, mud and sand to subjuguer.
Your duck feet might like the swing last better than the bounty hunter last?
I don't think lining will make a difference significante in your hot weather country. Socks might be more important (wool will keep you drier).
Your best bet about the safety specifications might be to contact white's directly, as they will know the exact tolerance of the celastic and steel toes.
Hope that helps!
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 44 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 14 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories