If you're referring to the post just above yours, you only need to use one caret.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 10/6/15 at 10:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 265
Styleforum Top Picks
After finished marathon reading, I really love to jump on to the same boat. May I harvest some more idea from here....
I have wide duck feet, normal-low arch, work as construction site manager, tropical rain and hot weather country. Plenty of walk thru rain, mud and sand. I planned to have a real workboots with some good looking and able to get along with formal dress pant if required.
1. not yet specified model, but quite lean to BH 6". is there any better choice for me?
2.does double celastic toe strong enough for accidental 5-10 kg box dropping on? If not, I may consider composite toe option.
3.Considering Brown CXL, Brgundy CXL, Dress brown but might changed to oil tan if composite toe is the way to go
4.What is the benefit of leather linging? will i cause more sweaty feet in my climate?
My current plan:
Bounty hunter 6"
All Dress brown
Double celastic toe
double stitch standard trim
no toe cap
Any advice about required are very pleased, I'm a non-asthetic brain man :P
The famous Kyle is the one who replies to Baker's customer service. If you email and start to ask about foot tracings he will reply and give you all the details. I sent mine snail mail with my contact info and he replied and told me which size to order. White's tracings are done through their catalog which must first be ordered online. It seems to take 2-3 weeks for the catalog to arrive. I recommend going through Baker's because of the customizability and customer service.
is this the email i can contact kyle at? firstname.lastname@example.org
Very nice to see a comparison. You sir are an aesthetically brained gentleman!
I'm a relatively dis-aesthetic brained man myself, but I would suggest that CXL leather is not a good option if you are considering a genuine work-boot that can also be used in a formal setting. Brown Oil Tan is sturdier, Brown dress is, well, dressier. CXL might be a good option if you didn't have rain, mud and sand to subjuguer.
Your duck feet might like the swing last better than the bounty hunter last?
I don't think lining will make a difference significante in your hot weather country. Socks might be more important (wool will keep you drier).
Your best bet about the safety specifications might be to contact white's directly, as they will know the exact tolerance of the celastic and steel toes.
Hope that helps!
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Zampa di Gallina : Official Affiliate Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Trousers: size 28 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R &... 12 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 21 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 22 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 25 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 28 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 37 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth