If you're referring to the post just above yours, you only need to use one caret.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 265post #3961 of 84216/15/14 at 11:15ampost #3962 of 84216/15/14 at 2:57pmpost #3963 of 84216/15/14 at 5:06pmpost #3964 of 84216/15/14 at 5:45pmpost #3965 of 84216/15/14 at 6:05pmpost #3966 of 84216/15/14 at 6:28pmpost #3967 of 84216/15/14 at 6:31pmpost #3968 of 84216/15/14 at 6:44pmpost #3969 of 84216/15/14 at 7:16pmpost #3970 of 84216/15/14 at 7:28pm
After finished marathon reading, I really love to jump on to the same boat. May I harvest some more idea from here....
I have wide duck feet, normal-low arch, work as construction site manager, tropical rain and hot weather country. Plenty of walk thru rain, mud and sand. I planned to have a real workboots with some good looking and able to get along with formal dress pant if required.
1. not yet specified model, but quite lean to BH 6". is there any better choice for me?
2.does double celastic toe strong enough for accidental 5-10 kg box dropping on? If not, I may consider composite toe option.
3.Considering Brown CXL, Brgundy CXL, Dress brown but might changed to oil tan if composite toe is the way to go
4.What is the benefit of leather linging? will i cause more sweaty feet in my climate?
My current plan:
Bounty hunter 6"
All Dress brown
Double celastic toe
double stitch standard trim
no toe cap
Any advice about required are very pleased, I'm a non-asthetic brain man :Ppost #3971 of 84216/15/14 at 8:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by aaronjared
The famous Kyle is the one who replies to Baker's customer service. If you email and start to ask about foot tracings he will reply and give you all the details. I sent mine snail mail with my contact info and he replied and told me which size to order. White's tracings are done through their catalog which must first be ordered online. It seems to take 2-3 weeks for the catalog to arrive. I recommend going through Baker's because of the customizability and customer service.
is this the email i can contact kyle at? firstname.lastname@example.org #3972 of 84216/15/14 at 9:01pmpost #3973 of 84216/15/14 at 9:10pmpost #3974 of 84216/15/14 at 9:37pmQuote:
Very nice to see a comparison. You sir are an aesthetically brained gentleman!Quote:
I'm a relatively dis-aesthetic brained man myself, but I would suggest that CXL leather is not a good option if you are considering a genuine work-boot that can also be used in a formal setting. Brown Oil Tan is sturdier, Brown dress is, well, dressier. CXL might be a good option if you didn't have rain, mud and sand to subjuguer.
Your duck feet might like the swing last better than the bounty hunter last?
I don't think lining will make a difference significante in your hot weather country. Socks might be more important (wool will keep you drier).
Your best bet about the safety specifications might be to contact white's directly, as they will know the exact tolerance of the celastic and steel toes.
Hope that helps!post #3975 of 84216/15/14 at 10:02pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 42 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 59 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding