Yeah, sounds like a good plan actually, both for looks and function.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 248
Styleforum Top Picks
I have to say, I picked up a pair of Chippewa Homestead boots, in black rough out, for 150 on sale. On Waikiki Beach, of all places, while on business last week.
I also will say that the quality of the Chipps are FAR above the quality of the Wolverine 1Ks I have. For 150, a person would be crazy NOT to buy Chippewa. Comfortable right out of the box.
They are not nearly as robust as a pair of Whites, but at a third of the price, you can't go wrong to add them to the rotation.
I know this is the White's forum, and we probably don't need to extend the Chippewa conversation much further here, but I will put in my final 2 cents worth: I really think the Katahdin is a strong boot. If it is the same as my older Chippewa engineers, which I am pretty sure it is. Again, I got a good 10 years of wear out of those, with two re-heelings, before the leather started to split and I decided to move on. They are a really tough, substantial boot, and while nothing fancy I like their classic "surveyor boot" look. The leather wore really nicely, getting progressively darker and smoother over about the first five years, until it finally looked worn in; but then still had several years of wear left.
I ordered not long ago a pair of the newer Homesteads to try out, and also tried on a pair of the new plain toe service boots at the store, and while both seemed fine they did not seem up to the level of my old engineers. Just a bit lighter, but also the last is different. The engineers/Katahdin are built on a classic Munson service boot last with lots of room in the toe; whereas the new Chippewas are more narrow and less roomy overall. I posted a pic on the Chippewa forum of my old boot next to the new one (same size), just to show the slight difference. I'll include it here in case anyone is interested.
Now, back to White's! Still waiting on my new SJs, which were reordered to replace the messed up horsehide SDs I got several weeks ago. Kyle said since they were replacing boots they made a mistake on that White's would probably do it much quicker than normal, maybe 3 to 4 weeks. Right now it's coming up on 5 weeks -- so should be soon...
those are beauts! Did they come with those laces?
Yeah, it came with two pairs. . .they are the thickest leather boot laces I have ever used, and feel like they will last forever. This was my first White's MTO, and I am already planning my second. Everything on this boot feels like it can outlast me.
Alright, here are the Navy CXL monsters, just in time for Cali summer, haha. But seriously, these are so comfortable, I might actually consider wearing them despite the heat. In my hands exactly 21 days after ordering, pretty remarkable!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice boots..What are your build specs? Is that a double midsole I see?
Just look at the crap inside the boots:
To top it all off, the idiots took all day to fix them and put the free shipping FedEx 2nd day label right on top of the new whites boot box so I cannot sell them on ebay as new in the box and ask more than they cost new.
Anyone got the AG office number in WA state so I can bitch about them? These people should be put out of business.
Edited by LouieBailie - 5/21/14 at 9:28am
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 26 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 seconds ago
- › 30% off Solden Stella Hotel Photo Galleries 2 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 minutes ago
- › White windowpane sport coat - Linen-cotton opinion 13 minutes ago
- › NEED NY NY proxy!!!! 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 16 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...