Yeah, sounds like a good plan actually, both for looks and function.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 2:24 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 248
Styleforum Top Picks
I have to say, I picked up a pair of Chippewa Homestead boots, in black rough out, for 150 on sale. On Waikiki Beach, of all places, while on business last week.
I also will say that the quality of the Chipps are FAR above the quality of the Wolverine 1Ks I have. For 150, a person would be crazy NOT to buy Chippewa. Comfortable right out of the box.
They are not nearly as robust as a pair of Whites, but at a third of the price, you can't go wrong to add them to the rotation.
I know this is the White's forum, and we probably don't need to extend the Chippewa conversation much further here, but I will put in my final 2 cents worth: I really think the Katahdin is a strong boot. If it is the same as my older Chippewa engineers, which I am pretty sure it is. Again, I got a good 10 years of wear out of those, with two re-heelings, before the leather started to split and I decided to move on. They are a really tough, substantial boot, and while nothing fancy I like their classic "surveyor boot" look. The leather wore really nicely, getting progressively darker and smoother over about the first five years, until it finally looked worn in; but then still had several years of wear left.
I ordered not long ago a pair of the newer Homesteads to try out, and also tried on a pair of the new plain toe service boots at the store, and while both seemed fine they did not seem up to the level of my old engineers. Just a bit lighter, but also the last is different. The engineers/Katahdin are built on a classic Munson service boot last with lots of room in the toe; whereas the new Chippewas are more narrow and less roomy overall. I posted a pic on the Chippewa forum of my old boot next to the new one (same size), just to show the slight difference. I'll include it here in case anyone is interested.
Now, back to White's! Still waiting on my new SJs, which were reordered to replace the messed up horsehide SDs I got several weeks ago. Kyle said since they were replacing boots they made a mistake on that White's would probably do it much quicker than normal, maybe 3 to 4 weeks. Right now it's coming up on 5 weeks -- so should be soon...
those are beauts! Did they come with those laces?
Yeah, it came with two pairs. . .they are the thickest leather boot laces I have ever used, and feel like they will last forever. This was my first White's MTO, and I am already planning my second. Everything on this boot feels like it can outlast me.
Alright, here are the Navy CXL monsters, just in time for Cali summer, haha. But seriously, these are so comfortable, I might actually consider wearing them despite the heat. In my hands exactly 21 days after ordering, pretty remarkable!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice boots..What are your build specs? Is that a double midsole I see?
Just look at the crap inside the boots:
To top it all off, the idiots took all day to fix them and put the free shipping FedEx 2nd day label right on top of the new whites boot box so I cannot sell them on ebay as new in the box and ask more than they cost new.
Anyone got the AG office number in WA state so I can bitch about them? These people should be put out of business.
Edited by LouieBailie - 5/21/14 at 9:28am
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 13 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 17 minutes ago
- › Ideas for color combinations for business casual - sticking to... 18 minutes ago
- › M65 inspired jacket 21 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 26 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 45 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 50 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015