or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 225

post #3361 of 6043
Baker's is cheaper than White's direct, and when I have spoken to folks at White's about various options, they recommend just going through Baker's.

As for extra eyelets, I don't believe they will do it. There are certain things you'd think would be no problem to do, but for whatever reason they fall outside the "normal" options, and aren't available.
post #3362 of 6043
Does anyone have a picture of a pair of worn burgundy cxl semi dress boots?
post #3363 of 6043
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy b. View Post

Baker's is cheaper than White's direct, and when I have spoken to folks at White's about various options, they recommend just going through Baker's.

As for extra eyelets, I don't believe they will do it. There are certain things you'd think would be no problem to do, but for whatever reason they fall outside the "normal" options, and aren't available.

Yeah, honestly, I'd been in between Baker's x White's and Nick's. The guys at Baker's said that White's probably wouldn't be cool with doing more eyelets, because they are kind of miffed by the whole "designer boots" thing. The guy at Nick's said "we'll punch as many eyelets as we can fit." That probably sold it for me.
post #3364 of 6043
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

Yeah, honestly, I'd been in between Baker's x White's and Nick's. The guys at Baker's said that White's probably wouldn't be cool with doing more eyelets, because they are kind of miffed by the whole "designer boots" thing. The guy at Nick's said "we'll punch as many eyelets as we can fit." That probably sold it for me.

You should probably post that in the Nick's thread. I like the number of eyelets in the Alden Indy boots, I just don't really like the style of boot. I've been toying with getting a pair of Nick's, and some extra eyelets would be cool.
post #3365 of 6043
I asked Kyle about eyelets a while back because I wanted a 10-eyelet Bounty Hunter sometime down the road. He said that boot length wouldn't strictly correspond to number of eyelets as every single craftsman at the White's factory does things slightly differently and has their own idea of spacing, so it'd be a +-1 difference at most. He hasn't got back to me yet about whether I could specifically custom order one and state the number I wanted though.
post #3366 of 6043
I find baker is cheaper than white's and wesco. their customer service is excellent as well.
post #3367 of 6043
As promised, a pic of my natural CXL OSB trench boots, which have turned brown - a cool brown, but brown nonetheless.

post #3368 of 6043
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

The guys at Baker's said that White's probably wouldn't be cool with doing more eyelets, because they are kind of miffed by the whole "designer boots" thing. The guy at Nick's said "we'll punch as many eyelets as we can fit." That probably sold it for me.

Embracing this customer pool has worked out pretty damn well for makers like Viberg, and I'm sure will do well for Nick's too (if only out of spite for its crosstown, lifelong feuding rival). Kudos to listening not ignoring customers.
post #3369 of 6043
They look great. It seems every photo I see of Nat Cxl looks a little different. I guess it is the lighting. But yours is what I expected after some wear. Thanks for posting it. You helped me out with my decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

As promised, a pic of my natural CXL OSB trench boots, which have turned brown - a cool brown, but brown nonetheless.

post #3370 of 6043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ23 View Post

They look great. It seems every photo I see of Nat Cxl looks a little different. I guess it is the lighting. But yours is what I expected after some wear. Thanks for posting it. You helped me out with my decision.

Natural cxl has an insane amount of variation. It's not just the lighting; I've had natural cxl in my hands that ranges from a light yellow-brown to a dark olive-brown, and that's before wear!

post #3371 of 6043

post #3372 of 6043

found this @ ebay, Kyle said a semi-dress with a leather counter is not an option available when i ask for one, maybe i should have ask White's instead.

5" semi-dress with leather counter! what you guys think.

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Edited by ben2t - 3/11/14 at 8:40pm
post #3373 of 6043
Saw those too, Ben. I think they look like silent assassins!
post #3374 of 6043
Probably going to order a pair pretty soon

I don't really wear a lot of workwear, but I really miss my Dayton x W+H boots (quality wasn't that great anyway)

Will wear with my ToJ bombers and a T-shirt, or with a button down to work, with slim black / grey jeans



Probably going to do this:

Plaintoe Bounty Hunter

Black Roughout

No lining

No celastic toe

10', Flat Laces

Antiqued Eyelets

Flat top, no loop

Standard welt

Single natural midsole

Curved heel

Half Vibram sole
post #3375 of 6043

Whoa, never seen that before.  I like a heel counter, and have always assumed (with Kyle) that it's not available on the SD. Wonder how this one came about...  It does seem to make the 5" boot look shorter than it is I guess, and I think would work better with a 6" boot; though I guess then you'd basically have a 6" Bounty Hunter?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2t View Post
 

found this @ ebay, Kyle said a semi-dress with a leather counter is not an option available when i ask for one, maybe i should have ask White's instead.

5" semi-dress with leather counter! what you guys think.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?