or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 221

post #3301 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy b. View Post

If you like them, they are a good buy. That seller is the official White's eBay outlet, not just some guy selling White's.

Thank you.. 

post #3302 of 4807

Anybody know what leather it is in the picture below? Love the color and how it has aged. I was initially looking to get a pair in of SDs in brown chromexcel, however I intend to wear these to work with chinos and a button down and would prefer something that creases a little less and can take a little shine. 

 

post #3303 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post
 

Anybody know what leather it is in the picture below? Love the color and how it has aged. I was initially looking to get a pair in of SDs in brown chromexcel, however I intend to wear these to work with chinos and a button down and would prefer something that creases a little less and can take a little shine. 

 

Could it be this? http://www.bakershoe.com/Product/Detail/horse-hide-semi-dress-by-whites/

post #3304 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post
 

Could it be this? http://www.bakershoe.com/Product/Detail/horse-hide-semi-dress-by-whites/

Thanks.. That could be it.. I will call Bakers tomorrow. Any idea what last the boot in my posted picture is on?

post #3305 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post

Anybody know what leather it is in the picture below? Love the color and how it has aged. I was initially looking to get a pair in of SDs in brown chromexcel, however I intend to wear these to work with chinos and a button down and would prefer something that creases a little less and can take a little shine. 



Almost looks like a dark or treated British Tan
post #3306 of 4807

Did a reverse image lookup and found the boots I posted earlier posted in this very thread. For anybody interested, these are brown HH, double leather sole, heel lowered 1/4th block on the standard SD last

post #3307 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrend View Post
 

I got my notice from Baker's on Friday, four weeks to the day after I placed the order, that my 6" brown bison bounty hunters were on the way. I'm not too far away, so they came in today. A handful of shots below.

 

Baker's nailed it on the widths -- B on the left and D on the right. This is the best fit I've ever had on my left foot. 

 

Any chance we can get some updated photos of these, Rev?  They're mighty beautiful out of the box, so I'd love to see them after a few months of wear.

post #3308 of 4807

I'll try to get the camera out to get some less awful photos, but the two below are from a couple weeks ago.

 

I wear them 1-2 times per week. The most significant signs of wear are creases here and there that blend really nicely with the texture of the leather and smoothing/burnishing over the celastic toe. Scratches and nicks show up fairly high contrast at first, but they blend in after conditioning and brushing. 

 

I seem to recall hearing that the commando mini lug half sole is being removed as an option. I love the look of it, but it's my least favorite thing about the build I did. It's worn very quickly. 

 

post #3309 of 4807
Love these horse hides!



[/quote]
post #3310 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Love these horse hides!

Indeed! The HH is beautiful.

I just ordered some Nomads and wish that White's would make them in HH, but they won't frown.gif

So here's the build:
Black CXL, brown trim, standard heel, 1/4" lift, double midsole, composition half sole, soft toe, close trim. This is my first order that I phoned in (instead of ordering online) because the website doesn't allow soft toe.

Kyle is a real pleasure to chat with on the phone. He said White's running about 6 weeks out right now and Nomads typically take a week or so longer. Hopefully I'll have them by end of April.
Edited by univibe88 - 3/5/14 at 8:14pm
post #3311 of 4807

I am still debating between the HH or the Dress Leather for a pair of SD in the standard last. Is HH worth the $80 or so premium over Dress leather?

post #3312 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post

I am still debating between the HH or the Dress Leather for a pair of SD in the standard last. Is HH worth the $80 or so premium over Dress leather?

I think so. It's gorgeous. I wish it was available when I got my SDs.
post #3313 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post

I think so. It's gorgeous. I wish it was available when I got my SDs.

I agree too. I am a big fan of HH. Waiting on a pair now and will report back when they arrive.
post #3314 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post


I think so. It's gorgeous. I wish it was available when I got my SDs.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post


I agree too. I am a big fan of HH. Waiting on a pair now and will report back when they arrive.

Thank you for the comment. Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is the advantage of HH? Also is the quality of HH used by White's really that good as I understand there are various grades of HH. 

post #3315 of 4807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogili222 View Post
 

 

 

Thank you for the comment. Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is the advantage of HH? Also is the quality of HH used by White's really that good as I understand there are various grades of HH. 

 

Right, that question of quality is the thing.  I have never held a pair of White's horsehides in my hands, though I will soon. But I briefly owned two different pairs of Viberg HH's (had to sell because of fit).  Honestly, it was just a gorgeous leather. Rich and distinctive, without being overly dressy.  A slight glossiness to them, but not as much as CXL.  I talked to lots of folks, both at Whites, Bakers, and Vibergs, but also on the boards, and everyone who had HH agreed that it was a fairly thick, and very tough, leather that wore well over the years.

 

Again, I basically fell in love with the Viberg HH (and I've had boots in oil tan leather and in CXL), but I will let you know how White's seems once they arrive.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?