Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 217post #3242 of 95862/24/14 at 10:11pmQuote:
I'd feel a little awkward if I'm being overly picky and I'm unhappy with the fit and finish of the boot. "Yeah, you're going to have to start over again, I think your stitching is a little sloppy," is a conversation I'd like to avoid.post #3243 of 95862/24/14 at 10:19pmThe photo thing is a pretty good suggestion actually - I just dropped an email to Kyle. I'm an international customer, too, so returns would be a bitch and a half to deal with for both parties.
I know they're expensive boots and they should be perfect and all, but I'd probably be fine with a little bit of irregular stitching on non-noticeable places. Just not one toecap being longer than the other or majorly wonky things like that.post #3244 of 95862/25/14 at 7:27am
So, who was the guy who several weeks ago got the black horsehide SDs and promised pics...? Are you still there? If so, I'd still love to see pictures.
As it happens, I am waiting for a similar pair of HH SDs -- just coming up on the 4 week mark since ordering. I have high hopes for these boots. If they fit right, I am planning to wear them for the next decade or more. Will definitely post pics when they arrive.post #3245 of 95862/26/14 at 12:46pmpost #3246 of 95862/26/14 at 1:33pmpost #3247 of 95862/26/14 at 3:40pmpost #3248 of 95862/26/14 at 6:32pmTalked with Brendan today from Baker/Drew's boots. Brandon is in charge of all the repair work done on boots at Baker. I'd originally requested a rebuild which would resize my Smokejumper to a 10 1/2 EEE. Rebuild would cost around $250. But Brendan suggested that all I needed was a new sole and stretching to a wider width. He suggested just a resole and re-lasting. They will wet the boots and put in the new last allowing the boot to dry to the new form. Then add the new sole and I'll be good to go.
I am excited that I won't have to break in a whole new lower, just the sole. And the re-soling should be about $150 instead of $250 for a rebuild. Baker does not have an EEE last, so they will have to send them the White's. Only downside is the 8 week wait.post #3249 of 95862/26/14 at 7:36pmQuote:sd brown with brown edging and antique hardware is always nice!Originally Posted by mike fite
just bought a pair of White's brown semi dress at imogene+willie here in nashville and i wear a normal 13 but i bought 12's they fit fine and are nice a not too snug. I'm sure the break in period will take a bit but the arch ease in the right foot seems a bit more intense than the left. I'm hoping my right foot will for more to the arch ease as everyone says i will!
also have alden indy boots 405 and 403 as well as a few pair of Trickers. these fit like a glove and i really can't wait till they break inpost #3250 of 95862/26/14 at 8:50pmQuote:
Thanks! I'll try for more pics if the sun actually comes out in the next couple of days. I think my next pair will be brown bullhide/brown roughout like the ones you posted a while ago.Quote:
Thanks! It's listed on White's website but not on Baker's as far as I know. Kyle told me to configure a pair in black bullhide to purchase & then send him a note asking to switch to gray.
I really like the color of these. I have been looking for gray boots for a while. I'm curious to see how the bullhide wears in as well.post #3251 of 95862/27/14 at 7:22am
Has anyone here had any experience with White's Centennial Hikers?
I'm an avid backpacker/hiker and would like to hear a review by someone who has actually put these boots through the paces and done some serious hiking. I'm currently using a pair of fairly cheap Keen boots but I'm really curious how the White's compare to traditional off-the-shelf hikers for weight/water resistance/blisters/etc..
I've saved up to buy a pair of White's but am now torn between getting a pair of semi-dress boots (british tan, single leather sole, close trim, yada-yada) vs. getting a pair of hikers. Two completely different shoes and uses, obviously, but I could go either way.post #3252 of 95862/27/14 at 3:00pmpost #3253 of 95862/27/14 at 4:51pmpost #3254 of 95862/27/14 at 5:23pmpost #3255 of 95862/27/14 at 6:50pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Closet Clean Out (Alfred Sargent, Ron Rider, Alden, Enzo Bonafe,... 14 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 14 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...