Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 2:24 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 217
Styleforum Top Picks
I'd feel a little awkward if I'm being overly picky and I'm unhappy with the fit and finish of the boot. "Yeah, you're going to have to start over again, I think your stitching is a little sloppy," is a conversation I'd like to avoid.
I know they're expensive boots and they should be perfect and all, but I'd probably be fine with a little bit of irregular stitching on non-noticeable places. Just not one toecap being longer than the other or majorly wonky things like that.
So, who was the guy who several weeks ago got the black horsehide SDs and promised pics...? Are you still there? If so, I'd still love to see pictures.
As it happens, I am waiting for a similar pair of HH SDs -- just coming up on the 4 week mark since ordering. I have high hopes for these boots. If they fit right, I am planning to wear them for the next decade or more. Will definitely post pics when they arrive.
I am excited that I won't have to break in a whole new lower, just the sole. And the re-soling should be about $150 instead of $250 for a rebuild. Baker does not have an EEE last, so they will have to send them the White's. Only downside is the 8 week wait.
just bought a pair of White's brown semi dress at imogene+willie here in nashville and i wear a normal 13 but i bought 12's they fit fine and are nice a not too snug. I'm sure the break in period will take a bit but the arch ease in the right foot seems a bit more intense than the left. I'm hoping my right foot will for more to the arch ease as everyone says i will!
also have alden indy boots 405 and 403 as well as a few pair of Trickers. these fit like a glove and i really can't wait till they break in
Thanks! I'll try for more pics if the sun actually comes out in the next couple of days. I think my next pair will be brown bullhide/brown roughout like the ones you posted a while ago.
Thanks! It's listed on White's website but not on Baker's as far as I know. Kyle told me to configure a pair in black bullhide to purchase & then send him a note asking to switch to gray.
I really like the color of these. I have been looking for gray boots for a while. I'm curious to see how the bullhide wears in as well.
Has anyone here had any experience with White's Centennial Hikers?
I'm an avid backpacker/hiker and would like to hear a review by someone who has actually put these boots through the paces and done some serious hiking. I'm currently using a pair of fairly cheap Keen boots but I'm really curious how the White's compare to traditional off-the-shelf hikers for weight/water resistance/blisters/etc..
I've saved up to buy a pair of White's but am now torn between getting a pair of semi-dress boots (british tan, single leather sole, close trim, yada-yada) vs. getting a pair of hikers. Two completely different shoes and uses, obviously, but I could go either way.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 12 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › TOMMY HILFIGER PLAID BOW TIE SILK ADJUSTABLE SPRING SUMMER 32 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE RALPH LAUREN POLO SPORT SIDE BAG MESSENGER 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 42 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 54 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015