or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 209

post #3121 of 4505

All,

 

I am working on a semi-dress makeup and would love some opinions on any possible changes:

 

  • #8 CXL leather
  • no toe cap
  • single celastic toe
  • leather liner (black or cream)
  • pull tab (undecided)
  • antique eyelet and speed hook combo
  • close trim
  • block heel (possibly minus 1/4")
  • Commando mini lug half sole
  • single midsole
  • brown edge trim (possibly natural but probably not)

 

Thanks for the assistance as this would be my first White's makeup

post #3122 of 4505
How quickly are people receiving their boots lately? My last pair was just about 10 weeks, but I've been reading that people are getting them in about half that right now. What are y'all that have recently ordered been seeing? Selling most of my other boots to get a couple more pairs.
post #3123 of 4505

Just over 3 weeks.:)

post #3124 of 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

All,

 

I am working on a semi-dress makeup and would love some opinions on any possible changes:

 

  • #8 CXL leather
  • no toe cap
  • single celastic toe
  • leather liner (black or cream)
  • pull tab (undecided)
  • antique eyelet and speed hook combo
  • close trim
  • block heel (possibly minus 1/4")
  • Commando mini lug half sole
  • single midsole
  • brown edge trim (possibly natural but probably not)

 

Thanks for the assistance as this would be my first White's makeup

Perfect, that make-up (exempting the single celastic, brown edge trim and single midsole) is almost completely different than what my order will be. 

vive la différence !

post #3125 of 4505
My two cents-
I'd do standard trim and heel, no pull loops, and no leather lining (the cxl is thick enough on its own IMO). Also would consider brass hardware. Makes a beautiful contrast to the burgundy.
post #3126 of 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

Ben those guys have been dropping the ball on your orders! First, the sloppy counters. Now, the wrong MTO makeup??

That said, they are sharp as hell looking, bro!

Got a quick explanation from Kyle of Baker's about the miscommunications on my MTO, they thought that the tongue i requested is the fake tongue. I learned new term today it supposed to be called "GUSSET", and Kyle with good gesture and that i appreciate offered to build me a new one with black gusset.  What a good customer service.  I am happy with the boots outcome and don't want to wait another 3 weeks just for a black gusset.:slayer:

post #3127 of 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

My two cents-
I'd do standard trim and heel, no pull loops, and no leather lining (the cxl is thick enough on its own IMO). Also would consider brass hardware. Makes a beautiful contrast to the burgundy.

Agreed on standard trim. I thought someone here said that White's always does a liner with CXL, though my CXL Vibergs are certainly thick enough to not have one, as are many other boots. I'd go full brass eyelets for sure.

post #3128 of 4505

@ojawstick with the standard heel and standard height!

post #3129 of 4505
Btw- whose got experience with the C461 last? I'm enamored with it at the moment biggrin.gif
post #3130 of 4505

Is the Classic boots the same with C461, if i remember it right i ask Kyle using some photos from ULTRASOUNDBOOTS FB page and he said the C461 is the same as the Classic work boot.

Correct me if i'm wrong :)

Ultrasound fb photo C461


below is my White's Classic.

 

post #3131 of 4505

^^^ ben2t - yah, yah, that is exactly what I'm doing, part of the reason I'm going with White's over Viberg (other than price) is the higher comfort ratings that White's seem to get especially with their standard heel and height. 

post #3132 of 4505

Once my order is firmed up I'll post the full specification list.

post #3133 of 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2t View Post
 

Is the Classic boots the same with C461, if i remember it right i ask Kyle using some photos from ULTRASOUNDBOOTS FB page and he said the C461 is the same as the Classic work boot.

As far as I know the #461 or C461 are the classic work boot last. 

post #3134 of 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

My two cents-
I'd do standard trim and heel, no pull loops, and no leather lining (the cxl is thick enough on its own IMO). Also would consider brass hardware. Makes a beautiful contrast to the burgundy.

Thanks for the help. I was leaning towards brass but have a few Vibergs with it so that the Antique might be a little different for me but will certainly consider the brass.

 

Just to make sure I am understanding White's spec standard trim is two rows of stitching and closed is single, is that correct?

 

I am thinking it will somewhat similar to this

 

post #3135 of 4505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

Thanks for the help. I was leaning towards brass but have a few Vibergs with it so that the Antique might be a little different for me but will certainly consider the brass.

 

Just to make sure I am understanding White's spec standard trim is two rows of stitching and closed is single, is that correct?

 

I am thinking it will somewhat similar to this

Concerning the rows of stitching, that's correct
 

That's almost certainly a lowered block heel though (and possibly by more than 1/4")

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?