or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 196

post #2926 of 5414

Univ is that distressed leather? it looks better untreated on my eyes!

post #2927 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2t View Post

Univ is that distressed leather? it looks better untreated on my eyes!

Yes it is distressed smooth. Personally I am not terribly concerned about which looks better. These are work boots for me. I want them treated so they will hold up to whatever I dish at them.
post #2928 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2t View Post

Viberg here you go! Look at the counter stitching and vamp!!! Now i can call Viberg and White's equally "Hand Made". lol


Haha, I don't think I'm going to check any or my $400+ boots from here on out! At least they're consistent? smile.gif
post #2929 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post


Haha, I don't think I'm going to check any or my $400+ boots from here on out! At least they're consistent? smile.gif

It doesn't look like there's anything wrong with the pair of Vibergs, unless I'm missing something.

post #2930 of 5414

Wow just bought first pair of white's and now you guys are getting me hook Viberg. I never heard of them can somebody educate me on the difference, they look a lot alike.

post #2931 of 5414
hehehe, i guess i am just the lucky one!
post #2932 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fittycent50 View Post
 

Wow just bought first pair of white's and now you guys are getting me hook Viberg. I never heard of them can somebody educate me on the difference, they look a lot alike.

Differences between Viberg and White's:

 

Viberg is significantly more expensive, does not do custom orders or makeups, and has much slimmer lasts. Some say better construction, but I can't confirm that.

 

White's is probably the best value for boots in the U.S. However, they are workboots, and will never look dressy.

post #2933 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2t View Post

Univ is that distressed leather? it looks better untreated on my eyes!

One thing to keep in mind is that while Obenauf's will darken light leather initially, it will lighten most of the way back to the original color after a few weeks.
post #2934 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy b. View Post

One thing to keep in mind is that while Obenauf's will darken light leather initially, it will lighten most of the way back to the original color after a few weeks.

I was wondering if that might be the case.
post #2935 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post
 

Differences between Viberg and White's:

 

Viberg is significantly more expensive, does not do custom orders or makeups, and has much slimmer lasts. Some say better construction, but I can't confirm that.

 

White's is probably the best value for boots in the U.S. However, they are workboots, and will never look dressy.

 

Viberg does custom group orders/makeups.

post #2936 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutabaga View Post
 

 

Viberg does custom group orders/makeups.

That's different from a custom order, but yes, you are right

post #2937 of 5414

I thought that they also still did custom if you showed up and ordered in person.

post #2938 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojaw View Post
 

I thought that they also still did custom if you showed up and ordered in person.

That may be true, but how viable is that for most?

 

I've also confirmed that Viberg does not do group orders. They only do makeups through their authorized retailers, of which SF is one.

post #2939 of 5414

Seeing as that's where we are... :)

 

Point taken.

post #2940 of 5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutabaga View Post
 

Seeing as that's where we are... :)

 

Point taken.

Agreed :) But you're still at the mercy of group demands with group orders, which is not the case with White's/Nick's/Wesco/Dayton

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?