Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 192
Styleforum Top Picks
^ These look very cool.
While I wait for pics from Tavoz (hint hint) to help me think about my black horsehide SD order (or the alternative, black CXL SJs), here's a question for you all: with black boots, would you choose Natural sole edge, or Brown sole edge? I keep going back and forth. And I definitely want silver eyelets, if that makes a difference...
Natural for sure. They'll patina up with time, but early on makes for a superb contrast with black. And don't overlook brass.
Yep, single celastic all the way. Just enough structure to keep it's shape, but not so much that it won't relax over time. I'd potentially go soft toe on a roughout boot, but I'm happy with my decision here.
I did go for leather lining, but purely because I somehow made a mistake when filling out the form on buildaboot. Not quite sure how, but I feared that it would be too thick with the lining, but now that they've arrived, I have zero regrets for the lining. Yep, leather is pretty damn thick, but I did so intentionally. I really messed up an ankle at the top of Katahdin last year, so I wanted something that would give me all the support in the world. I quite literally can't roll my ankle in these even if I tried.
I like these so much that I might even pay the ridiculous upcharge for a pair in shell at some point. These boots just love my feet, and vice versa.
In the mean time, I'm trying out a pair of 6" Nick's in dark olive CXL, next.
Edited by cathpah - 1/20/14 at 9:37pm
Well, not quite... These look seriously great, but then so do the ones posted above by b-ewing with the brown edges! (by the way, Emptygarage, where those pics are from have probably the best glammed-up White's pics around.) It's sort of like flip a coin I think, they are both great options.
I have always leaned toward natural, but am wondering if, with contrastnig silver eyelets (or even brass) and the white stitching, there would just be too much going on with the contrasting natural sole. Well, the question is still open -- more pics or feedback are is welcome.
One thing to consider about natural is that it will quickly turn a golden/orange/brown, so it won't look like the above photo for long. Whether you like what it changes into is personal preference, but I think natural on black boots looks best when brand new. The brown edge will keep its color better, and can be re-dyed easily as it wears. Something to consider.
Dear god, why would you do something as awful as that? A Christy sole is quite possibly the ugliest thing you could put on a pair of cordovan boots, especially something rare and beautiful as whiskey color. It's like putting a platinum Patek Philippe on a Velcro strap.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 15 seconds ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...