Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 192post #2866 of 93801/20/14 at 7:00pmpost #2867 of 93801/20/14 at 7:31pmpost #2868 of 93801/20/14 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by linafelt
^ These look very cool.
While I wait for pics from Tavoz (hint hint) to help me think about my black horsehide SD order (or the alternative, black CXL SJs), here's a question for you all: with black boots, would you choose Natural sole edge, or Brown sole edge? I keep going back and forth. And I definitely want silver eyelets, if that makes a difference...
Natural for sure. They'll patina up with time, but early on makes for a superb contrast with black. And don't overlook brass.post #2869 of 93801/20/14 at 7:48pmpost #2870 of 93801/20/14 at 7:51pmpost #2871 of 93801/20/14 at 8:00pmpost #2872 of 93801/20/14 at 8:38pmpost #2873 of 93801/20/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
Yep, single celastic all the way. Just enough structure to keep it's shape, but not so much that it won't relax over time. I'd potentially go soft toe on a roughout boot, but I'm happy with my decision here.
I did go for leather lining, but purely because I somehow made a mistake when filling out the form on buildaboot. Not quite sure how, but I feared that it would be too thick with the lining, but now that they've arrived, I have zero regrets for the lining. Yep, leather is pretty damn thick, but I did so intentionally. I really messed up an ankle at the top of Katahdin last year, so I wanted something that would give me all the support in the world. I quite literally can't roll my ankle in these even if I tried.
I like these so much that I might even pay the ridiculous upcharge for a pair in shell at some point. These boots just love my feet, and vice versa.
In the mean time, I'm trying out a pair of 6" Nick's in dark olive CXL, next.
Edited by cathpah - 1/20/14 at 9:37pmpost #2874 of 93801/21/14 at 5:52am
Well, not quite... These look seriously great, but then so do the ones posted above by b-ewing with the brown edges! (by the way, Emptygarage, where those pics are from have probably the best glammed-up White's pics around.) It's sort of like flip a coin I think, they are both great options.
I have always leaned toward natural, but am wondering if, with contrastnig silver eyelets (or even brass) and the white stitching, there would just be too much going on with the contrasting natural sole. Well, the question is still open -- more pics or feedback are is welcome.
Quote:post #2875 of 93801/21/14 at 5:55ampost #2876 of 93801/21/14 at 6:06ampost #2877 of 93801/21/14 at 10:24ampost #2878 of 93801/21/14 at 12:52pmpost #2879 of 93801/21/14 at 1:42pm
One thing to consider about natural is that it will quickly turn a golden/orange/brown, so it won't look like the above photo for long. Whether you like what it changes into is personal preference, but I think natural on black boots looks best when brand new. The brown edge will keep its color better, and can be re-dyed easily as it wears. Something to consider.post #2880 of 93801/21/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
Dear god, why would you do something as awful as that? A Christy sole is quite possibly the ugliest thing you could put on a pair of cordovan boots, especially something rare and beautiful as whiskey color. It's like putting a platinum Patek Philippe on a Velcro strap.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 20 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 31 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 34 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway