Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/27/15 at 7:39am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 5:50 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 192
Styleforum Top Picks
^ These look very cool.
While I wait for pics from Tavoz (hint hint) to help me think about my black horsehide SD order (or the alternative, black CXL SJs), here's a question for you all: with black boots, would you choose Natural sole edge, or Brown sole edge? I keep going back and forth. And I definitely want silver eyelets, if that makes a difference...
Natural for sure. They'll patina up with time, but early on makes for a superb contrast with black. And don't overlook brass.
Yep, single celastic all the way. Just enough structure to keep it's shape, but not so much that it won't relax over time. I'd potentially go soft toe on a roughout boot, but I'm happy with my decision here.
I did go for leather lining, but purely because I somehow made a mistake when filling out the form on buildaboot. Not quite sure how, but I feared that it would be too thick with the lining, but now that they've arrived, I have zero regrets for the lining. Yep, leather is pretty damn thick, but I did so intentionally. I really messed up an ankle at the top of Katahdin last year, so I wanted something that would give me all the support in the world. I quite literally can't roll my ankle in these even if I tried.
I like these so much that I might even pay the ridiculous upcharge for a pair in shell at some point. These boots just love my feet, and vice versa.
In the mean time, I'm trying out a pair of 6" Nick's in dark olive CXL, next.
Edited by cathpah - 1/20/14 at 9:37pm
Well, not quite... These look seriously great, but then so do the ones posted above by b-ewing with the brown edges! (by the way, Emptygarage, where those pics are from have probably the best glammed-up White's pics around.) It's sort of like flip a coin I think, they are both great options.
I have always leaned toward natural, but am wondering if, with contrastnig silver eyelets (or even brass) and the white stitching, there would just be too much going on with the contrasting natural sole. Well, the question is still open -- more pics or feedback are is welcome.
One thing to consider about natural is that it will quickly turn a golden/orange/brown, so it won't look like the above photo for long. Whether you like what it changes into is personal preference, but I think natural on black boots looks best when brand new. The brown edge will keep its color better, and can be re-dyed easily as it wears. Something to consider.
Dear god, why would you do something as awful as that? A Christy sole is quite possibly the ugliest thing you could put on a pair of cordovan boots, especially something rare and beautiful as whiskey color. It's like putting a platinum Patek Philippe on a Velcro strap.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 47 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Dior Fragrance - 8.5oz - Gris Montaigne - Barely Used 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dior Fragrance - 8.5oz - Bois D'Argent - Barely Used 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015