Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 192post #2866 of 87081/20/14 at 7:00pmpost #2867 of 87081/20/14 at 7:31pmpost #2868 of 87081/20/14 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by linafelt
^ These look very cool.
While I wait for pics from Tavoz (hint hint) to help me think about my black horsehide SD order (or the alternative, black CXL SJs), here's a question for you all: with black boots, would you choose Natural sole edge, or Brown sole edge? I keep going back and forth. And I definitely want silver eyelets, if that makes a difference...
Natural for sure. They'll patina up with time, but early on makes for a superb contrast with black. And don't overlook brass.post #2869 of 87081/20/14 at 7:48pmpost #2870 of 87081/20/14 at 7:51pmpost #2871 of 87081/20/14 at 8:00pmpost #2872 of 87081/20/14 at 8:38pmpost #2873 of 87081/20/14 at 9:00pmQuote:
Yep, single celastic all the way. Just enough structure to keep it's shape, but not so much that it won't relax over time. I'd potentially go soft toe on a roughout boot, but I'm happy with my decision here.
I did go for leather lining, but purely because I somehow made a mistake when filling out the form on buildaboot. Not quite sure how, but I feared that it would be too thick with the lining, but now that they've arrived, I have zero regrets for the lining. Yep, leather is pretty damn thick, but I did so intentionally. I really messed up an ankle at the top of Katahdin last year, so I wanted something that would give me all the support in the world. I quite literally can't roll my ankle in these even if I tried.
I like these so much that I might even pay the ridiculous upcharge for a pair in shell at some point. These boots just love my feet, and vice versa.
In the mean time, I'm trying out a pair of 6" Nick's in dark olive CXL, next.
Edited by cathpah - 1/20/14 at 9:37pmpost #2874 of 87081/21/14 at 5:52am
Well, not quite... These look seriously great, but then so do the ones posted above by b-ewing with the brown edges! (by the way, Emptygarage, where those pics are from have probably the best glammed-up White's pics around.) It's sort of like flip a coin I think, they are both great options.
I have always leaned toward natural, but am wondering if, with contrastnig silver eyelets (or even brass) and the white stitching, there would just be too much going on with the contrasting natural sole. Well, the question is still open -- more pics or feedback are is welcome.
Quote:post #2875 of 87081/21/14 at 5:55ampost #2876 of 87081/21/14 at 6:06ampost #2877 of 87081/21/14 at 10:24ampost #2878 of 87081/21/14 at 12:52pmpost #2879 of 87081/21/14 at 1:42pm
One thing to consider about natural is that it will quickly turn a golden/orange/brown, so it won't look like the above photo for long. Whether you like what it changes into is personal preference, but I think natural on black boots looks best when brand new. The brown edge will keep its color better, and can be re-dyed easily as it wears. Something to consider.post #2880 of 87081/21/14 at 1:56pmQuote:
Dear god, why would you do something as awful as that? A Christy sole is quite possibly the ugliest thing you could put on a pair of cordovan boots, especially something rare and beautiful as whiskey color. It's like putting a platinum Patek Philippe on a Velcro strap.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 4 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 9 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 10 minutes ago
- › Walker Slater merino/cashmere tweed single-pleat trousers - new sz 30 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway