or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 191

post #2851 of 5425

Also, I'd be interested in knowing the difference between what White's recommended in sizing and what Baker's recommended.  I am like you very concerned to get the sizing right...

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tavoz View Post
 

 

 

 

My concern was about sizing: I had sent a couple of time my tracings and measurements to both White's and Baker's, they found me different sizes and width... I finally trusted Kyle from Baker's, as you guys told me to do, and I did well: perfect fitting!

 

 

post #2852 of 5425
Aaron Jared what half sole is on your whites?
post #2853 of 5425

Just a quick update so others can get an idea for current timeframes.  I ordered my boots through buildaboot.com on Dec 20, and they shipped on Monday Jan 13.  I'll have them on Monday.

 

I was told 6 weeks, and they shipped just a hair over 3 weeks.  Pretty darn impressive.

 

Can't wait.

post #2854 of 5425
Wore my plain vanilla brown SDs with antique hooks & eyelets today.
Still one of the best boots I own, hands down, for comfort and look.
post #2855 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

Aaron Jared what half sole is on your whites?

It's the mini lug half sole. I've heard rumors they will be discontinuing it eventually. I have no complaints and the rubber is a softer and more comfortable compound than, say, the Red Wing Beckman. Very comfortable to walk long distances without needing some of the other soles which I feel are a bit clunky looking for a boot I don't use for work.
post #2856 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjared View Post

It's the mini lug half sole. I've heard rumors they will be discontinuing it eventually. I have no complaints and the rubber is a softer and more comfortable compound than, say, the Red Wing Beckman. Very comfortable to walk long distances without needing some of the other soles which I feel are a bit clunky looking for a boot I don't use for work.
do you have more pics of the sole? Looks like double leather /Cuban heel /then the mini lug sole. Do they automatically add another layer of leather when adding the lug sole? I know whites add another layer when they do commando soles so wondering if they do the same with half soles. Post your spec
post #2857 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Wore my plain vanilla brown SDs with antique hooks & eyelets today.
Still one of the best boots I own, hands down, for comfort and look.

Hey Meso,

 

How would you compare sizing and fit of your SDs with your Vibergs...?

post #2858 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

Hey Meso,

How would you compare sizing and fit of your SDs with your Vibergs...?

Take a 10 in SDs and a 9.5 on the 110 last.
10D in Alden barrie last.
Probably a 10 on the 2030 or 2045 if it's slimmer.
post #2859 of 5425
Not sure if this has been posted before....

While researching on White's boots, I came across this site where they have several builts on display:

http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/Whites-Boots

Could be useful for those of us still contemplating the options....
post #2860 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyhungry View Post

Not sure if this has been posted before....

While researching on White's boots, I came across this site where they have several builts on display:

http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/Whites-Boots

Could be useful for those of us still contemplating the options....

"EastWestApparel" is actually a member here on SF, and is very active in this thread.  He's also posted photos of a lot of the swatches, as well as a bunch of other helpful information.  Good guy, all around.

post #2861 of 5425

My first pair of White's arrived today, and I couldn't be happier.  Just like people said, it makes all my other boots seem meaningless now.  I've got a good amount of break-in to do, but I can already tell that I'm absolutely in love with these.  More photos to follow, but I'm headed into the woods for a winter hike to start breaking them in.

 

9" BH in Distressed Smooth lined in tan, Vibram 430, single midsole (natural), close trim, lowered block heel, single celastic, antique hooks and eyes.

 


Edited by cathpah - 1/20/14 at 8:55pm
post #2862 of 5425

^ These look very cool.

 

While I wait for pics from Tavoz (hint hint) to help me think about my black horsehide SD order (or the alternative, black CXL SJs), here's a question for you all:   with black boots, would you choose Natural sole edge, or Brown sole edge?  I keep going back and forth.  And I definitely want silver eyelets, if that makes a difference...

post #2863 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathpah View Post
 

My first pair of White's arrived today, and I couldn't be happier.  Just like people said, it makes all my other boots seem meaningless now.  I've got a good amount of break-in to do, but I can already tell that I'm absolutely in love with these.  More photos to follow, but I'm headed into the woods for a winter hike to start breaking them in.

 

9" BH in Distressed Smooth lined in tan, Vibram 430, single midsole (natural), close trim, lowered block heel, antique hooks and eyes.

 

Look forward to seeing more pictures of those cathpah, and to seeing them in person

post #2864 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post

^ These look very cool.

While I wait for pics from Tavoz (hint hint) to help me think about my black horsehide SD order (or the alternative, black CXL SJs), here's a question for you all:   with black boots, would you choose Natural sole edge, or Brown sole edge?  I keep going back and forth.  And I definitely want silver eyelets, if that makes a difference...

Natural all day long. The contrast is beautiful.
post #2865 of 5425
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathpah View Post

My first pair of White's arrived today, and I couldn't be happier.  Just like people said, it makes all my other boots seem meaningless now.  I've got a good amount of break-in to do, but I can already tell that I'm absolutely in love with these.  More photos to follow, but I'm headed into the woods for a winter hike to start breaking them in.

9" BH in Distressed Smooth lined in tan, Vibram 430, single midsole (natural), close trim, lowered block heel, antique hooks and eyes.



Definitely post more pics! I am really leaning towards the Distressed Smooth for my next pair.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?