Really depends, but if it feels tight at first fit, don't hope for much. A 1/8 of an inch I`d say, which can't be enough to get rid of the tight feel...how many of us have tried and hoped, but alas it never works out that way...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 169post #2521 of 848310/27/13 at 5:17ampost #2522 of 848310/27/13 at 6:42amdon't know how tight they are on you, but if you don't have issues on the length & you're able to put them on w/ thin or w/o socks, then it's doable.
i've stretched quite a few pairs just cuz my feet are on the wide-side. however, yours seemed to look like the White's full grain leather, so it's going to be a bit tougher ... but, as i mentioned, doable.
my William Lennon T.O.W. in reversed kip butt leather [thicker & more dense than SJ rough-outs, actually] were feverishly tight & tough when i got them. now, they're considerably more comfortable, tho' they need to soften up quite a bit more.
either, acquire a shoe [vamp] stretcher w/c you can find @most shoe repair shops or you can use shoe trees [if you already got those]. i use mink oil [Red Wing], specially formulated for hard boot leather.
1] apply mink oil on the vamp, let settle for a few hours
2] insert stretcher & tighten w/o forcing__ if using shoe tree, insert wedge material [ie, shoe horn, cardboard, etc.] to tighten
3] re-apply mink oil & set aside for a day or 2__ also, you can blow dry slightly to distribute oil evenly
4] re-adjust stretcher to tighten & set aside for another couple of days__ if using shoe tree, add inserts
once you got them stretched out, you need to wear them constantly, otherwise leather will snap back to original state. if still too tight, repeat steps 1-4
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 10/27/13 at 6:57ampost #2523 of 848310/27/13 at 7:42ampost #2524 of 848310/27/13 at 6:52pmpost #2525 of 848310/27/13 at 7:14pmKen,
Yep. I was surprised with the hole in the sole and I loved the leather sole. When I first bought my semi-dress I used to reguarly knock on the sole with my knuckes to show my friends that boots were awesome quality. I'll be getting them back with the full mini vibram sole which I don't mind b/c winter's coming.
Frankmanpost #2526 of 848310/28/13 at 11:19ampost #2527 of 848310/28/13 at 1:42pmpost #2528 of 848310/28/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
Good luck - but it does seem at the top you need that to come together quite a lot...how does your big toe feel? Does it sit natural, or compensating for the narrow width?post #2529 of 848310/28/13 at 3:16pmpost #2530 of 848310/28/13 at 3:27pmpost #2531 of 848310/28/13 at 3:28pmpost #2532 of 848310/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #2533 of 848310/28/13 at 6:28pmpost #2534 of 848310/29/13 at 1:14ampost #2535 of 848310/29/13 at 6:08amQuote:
I manage to fit in with thin sock..my toes are fine, only the narrow width make it a lil bit weird to tie the laces..probably to to stretch them first using shoe tree and mink oil..
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1294 Active Users (262 Members and 1032 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 24 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 22 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...