Really depends, but if it feels tight at first fit, don't hope for much. A 1/8 of an inch I`d say, which can't be enough to get rid of the tight feel...how many of us have tried and hoped, but alas it never works out that way...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 169post #2521 of 958810/27/13 at 5:17ampost #2522 of 958810/27/13 at 6:42amdon't know how tight they are on you, but if you don't have issues on the length & you're able to put them on w/ thin or w/o socks, then it's doable.
i've stretched quite a few pairs just cuz my feet are on the wide-side. however, yours seemed to look like the White's full grain leather, so it's going to be a bit tougher ... but, as i mentioned, doable.
my William Lennon T.O.W. in reversed kip butt leather [thicker & more dense than SJ rough-outs, actually] were feverishly tight & tough when i got them. now, they're considerably more comfortable, tho' they need to soften up quite a bit more.
either, acquire a shoe [vamp] stretcher w/c you can find @most shoe repair shops or you can use shoe trees [if you already got those]. i use mink oil [Red Wing], specially formulated for hard boot leather.
1] apply mink oil on the vamp, let settle for a few hours
2] insert stretcher & tighten w/o forcing__ if using shoe tree, insert wedge material [ie, shoe horn, cardboard, etc.] to tighten
3] re-apply mink oil & set aside for a day or 2__ also, you can blow dry slightly to distribute oil evenly
4] re-adjust stretcher to tighten & set aside for another couple of days__ if using shoe tree, add inserts
once you got them stretched out, you need to wear them constantly, otherwise leather will snap back to original state. if still too tight, repeat steps 1-4
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 10/27/13 at 6:57ampost #2523 of 958810/27/13 at 7:42ampost #2524 of 958810/27/13 at 6:52pmpost #2525 of 958810/27/13 at 7:14pmKen,
Yep. I was surprised with the hole in the sole and I loved the leather sole. When I first bought my semi-dress I used to reguarly knock on the sole with my knuckes to show my friends that boots were awesome quality. I'll be getting them back with the full mini vibram sole which I don't mind b/c winter's coming.
Frankmanpost #2526 of 958810/28/13 at 11:19ampost #2527 of 958810/28/13 at 1:42pmpost #2528 of 958810/28/13 at 2:26pmQuote:
Good luck - but it does seem at the top you need that to come together quite a lot...how does your big toe feel? Does it sit natural, or compensating for the narrow width?post #2529 of 958810/28/13 at 3:16pmpost #2530 of 958810/28/13 at 3:27pmpost #2531 of 958810/28/13 at 3:28pmpost #2532 of 958810/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #2533 of 958810/28/13 at 6:28pmpost #2534 of 958810/29/13 at 1:14ampost #2535 of 958810/29/13 at 6:08amQuote:
I manage to fit in with thin sock..my toes are fine, only the narrow width make it a lil bit weird to tie the laces..probably to to stretch them first using shoe tree and mink oil..
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
Currently, there are 1219 Active Users (134 Members and 1085 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › What are you listening to? 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 21 minutes ago
- › NWT MMM Line 14 52 shawl collar tuxedo - price cut 21 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 41 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...