Kindred spirits And any idea of the thickness of the sand suede compared to the roughout? Ideally they'd offer CXL natural roughout, like viberg, but I think it's hard stuff to come by
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 168
Styleforum Top Picks
Ok next boot to build, in a boondocker style:
6" Bounty Hunter or Semi Dress
Contrasting smooth leather tongue (maybe British Tan?)
All antique eyelets
Single midsole, natural
700 Vibram outsoles
1/4" lowered block heel
No celastic toe reinforcement, aka "soft toe"
What you guys think?
Distressed Roughout sounds perfect and very rugged. Just what I need...
They should look something like this.
The site I pulled it from says its standard roughout. But honestly I don't know. It does appear to be a shade different than the distressed roughout, though. Like you said; similar to Alden's snuff suede. Or what yuketen and OSB call peanut suede
Stretching width-wise can actually occur, whereas stretching the length is an exercise in futility. How "too narrow" are they? Also, what leather? CXL would be much more likely to stretch easily.
Would say they are Harvest RO, another build being put together already? Impressed!
Moja: If they are bareable for a while whilst they break in they will stretch in width, just look at some worn boot pics and you'll see the width difference from new, thick socks and get them wet!
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Poor man's watch thread 49 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 57 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 minutes ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...