Kindred spirits And any idea of the thickness of the sand suede compared to the roughout? Ideally they'd offer CXL natural roughout, like viberg, but I think it's hard stuff to come by
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 7:39 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 6:56 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 168
Styleforum Top Picks
Ok next boot to build, in a boondocker style:
6" Bounty Hunter or Semi Dress
Contrasting smooth leather tongue (maybe British Tan?)
All antique eyelets
Single midsole, natural
700 Vibram outsoles
1/4" lowered block heel
No celastic toe reinforcement, aka "soft toe"
What you guys think?
Distressed Roughout sounds perfect and very rugged. Just what I need...
They should look something like this.
The site I pulled it from says its standard roughout. But honestly I don't know. It does appear to be a shade different than the distressed roughout, though. Like you said; similar to Alden's snuff suede. Or what yuketen and OSB call peanut suede
Stretching width-wise can actually occur, whereas stretching the length is an exercise in futility. How "too narrow" are they? Also, what leather? CXL would be much more likely to stretch easily.
Would say they are Harvest RO, another build being put together already? Impressed!
Moja: If they are bareable for a while whilst they break in they will stretch in width, just look at some worn boot pics and you'll see the width difference from new, thick socks and get them wet!
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 13 minutes ago
- › Panta: a first peek at a new high quality pants line 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 18 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015