Very nice, looking forward to seeing more pics tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 166
Styleforum Top Picks
Boots came in last Friday 8/23. Ordered from White's directly on July 12. Americana Semi-dress in Red Milano WB.
Enjoy the boots so far. They feel great, not has heavy as I expected.. Not a big fan of the laces so I'm planning to switch them out for some brown dress laces.
The ArchEase definitely takes some getting used to. Initially they caused me some foot pain, knee issue, but I am wearing flats in the hopstial 99.9% of the time and rarely sneakers so I don't knock the system but it's certainly not for those with flat feet.
In other news, I am in need of a polish. I have the SD in Red Milano Water Buffalo. Anyone have any recommendations about a good polish that matches the color well?
We must have different kinds of flat feet or something because arch ease supports my feet, puts my feet in a comfortable position, puts my ankles and knees in alignment and for all practical purposes cures the symptoms I usually have to deal with because of my flat feet in other shoes… I.E. hurting ankles, knees, and feet…
Funny, ain't it…
I`d say it`s all to do with the fit. Given that White`s have so many size combinations of width and length, you need to find the right one, and not guess that because you`re a certain size in one boot maker, that size will fit in Whites. Once you get the right fit, the arch comfort is a fantastic thing, and there are no metal shanks used in the shoe for strength. A good fitting pair is the best thing ever, one size off, and it throws things out of line.
Similar to these
Edited by b-ewing - 10/24/13 at 5:16pm
Some natty CXL love now that they are starting to show a little age. Received these 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them every day. Specs are 6" BH with mini lug half sole and antique hardware. I was shooting for a look that is a combination of the Red Wing GT and Iron Ranger, but obviously much less of a chore to wear. I will take a couple more pictures in natural sunlight tomorrow.
I don't know why, but the toe caps are darker than the rest of the boot. Arrived that way out of the box, and they have darkened with brushing. The boots are very sharp, and I wear them with everything from jeans to open-collared casual office wear.
This isn't my first pair of White's, but I don't think the quality can be stated enough. White's is to Red Wing what Red Wing is to Timberland. Just in a class of their own, and after falling in love with the Arch Ease I wonder if my Indy Boots will end up getting pushed into retirement. Next up for me will be a pair of horsehide semi-dress or I may spring for a pair of oxfords.
These are about three months old. They too have the toe cap darker, i think its got something to do with the leather being stretched. These have been oiled, brushed regularly and just the other day i hit them with some clear polish. I like how they turned out and think they are developing a great patina. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.
Also i have flat feet and the arche ease works great for me.
To me the most straightforward ones are the best. Size: SJ works out about half a size larger than the SD on average, it's definitely a more full boot in the toe and ball area. The best sizing advice from Someone who's been doing it for a little while by proxy now: get comparisons to other brands that you have and nothing beats trying them on!! I've had tracings and measurements sent to me that I've checked through White's and other well known Retailers and more often than not, everyone has offered up different sizing, quite significantly. The tracing unless you go to White's and get it done can be very subjective...sock thickness, pencil angle etc...
It's to put people off, quite a lot get it right, but if I would have gone with the recommendation everytime then there would be some disappointed and out of pocket people out there. Just my 50p's worth.
Cheers man. I totally hear ya regarding tracings. I never have had luck doing that either with any kind of clothing!
Alden Barrie: 9.5D (perfect fit)
RW Beckmans: 9.5D (a bit but not overly roomy)
Whites SJs: 10D (a bit but not overly roomy)
Wesco Motor Patrol engineers: 9.5D
Converse All Stars: 10
Clark's Desert Boots: 9.5
So I'm guessing I'm a 10D in SDs?
In regards to your new semi-dress soles,
the leather soles are awesome but after seven months walking on sidewalks, my right boot sole developed a hole. I sent them back to White's for a warranty evaulation. Jennifer called me to say her craftsmen said the hole was from normal wear so warranty would not cover a re-sole. I'm now having the boots re-soled with a full mini-vibram sole. 3 weeks wait and I have a little less than 2 weeks to go. I'm sure missing my boots but that's how it goes.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › Allen Edmonds fifth street dress boots size 8 E 28 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories