Very nice, looking forward to seeing more pics tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 166
Styleforum Top Picks
Boots came in last Friday 8/23. Ordered from White's directly on July 12. Americana Semi-dress in Red Milano WB.
Enjoy the boots so far. They feel great, not has heavy as I expected.. Not a big fan of the laces so I'm planning to switch them out for some brown dress laces.
The ArchEase definitely takes some getting used to. Initially they caused me some foot pain, knee issue, but I am wearing flats in the hopstial 99.9% of the time and rarely sneakers so I don't knock the system but it's certainly not for those with flat feet.
In other news, I am in need of a polish. I have the SD in Red Milano Water Buffalo. Anyone have any recommendations about a good polish that matches the color well?
We must have different kinds of flat feet or something because arch ease supports my feet, puts my feet in a comfortable position, puts my ankles and knees in alignment and for all practical purposes cures the symptoms I usually have to deal with because of my flat feet in other shoes… I.E. hurting ankles, knees, and feet…
Funny, ain't it…
I`d say it`s all to do with the fit. Given that White`s have so many size combinations of width and length, you need to find the right one, and not guess that because you`re a certain size in one boot maker, that size will fit in Whites. Once you get the right fit, the arch comfort is a fantastic thing, and there are no metal shanks used in the shoe for strength. A good fitting pair is the best thing ever, one size off, and it throws things out of line.
Similar to these
Edited by b-ewing - 10/24/13 at 5:16pm
Some natty CXL love now that they are starting to show a little age. Received these 2 weeks ago and have been wearing them every day. Specs are 6" BH with mini lug half sole and antique hardware. I was shooting for a look that is a combination of the Red Wing GT and Iron Ranger, but obviously much less of a chore to wear. I will take a couple more pictures in natural sunlight tomorrow.
I don't know why, but the toe caps are darker than the rest of the boot. Arrived that way out of the box, and they have darkened with brushing. The boots are very sharp, and I wear them with everything from jeans to open-collared casual office wear.
This isn't my first pair of White's, but I don't think the quality can be stated enough. White's is to Red Wing what Red Wing is to Timberland. Just in a class of their own, and after falling in love with the Arch Ease I wonder if my Indy Boots will end up getting pushed into retirement. Next up for me will be a pair of horsehide semi-dress or I may spring for a pair of oxfords.
These are about three months old. They too have the toe cap darker, i think its got something to do with the leather being stretched. These have been oiled, brushed regularly and just the other day i hit them with some clear polish. I like how they turned out and think they are developing a great patina. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics.
Also i have flat feet and the arche ease works great for me.
To me the most straightforward ones are the best. Size: SJ works out about half a size larger than the SD on average, it's definitely a more full boot in the toe and ball area. The best sizing advice from Someone who's been doing it for a little while by proxy now: get comparisons to other brands that you have and nothing beats trying them on!! I've had tracings and measurements sent to me that I've checked through White's and other well known Retailers and more often than not, everyone has offered up different sizing, quite significantly. The tracing unless you go to White's and get it done can be very subjective...sock thickness, pencil angle etc...
It's to put people off, quite a lot get it right, but if I would have gone with the recommendation everytime then there would be some disappointed and out of pocket people out there. Just my 50p's worth.
Cheers man. I totally hear ya regarding tracings. I never have had luck doing that either with any kind of clothing!
Alden Barrie: 9.5D (perfect fit)
RW Beckmans: 9.5D (a bit but not overly roomy)
Whites SJs: 10D (a bit but not overly roomy)
Wesco Motor Patrol engineers: 9.5D
Converse All Stars: 10
Clark's Desert Boots: 9.5
So I'm guessing I'm a 10D in SDs?
In regards to your new semi-dress soles,
the leather soles are awesome but after seven months walking on sidewalks, my right boot sole developed a hole. I sent them back to White's for a warranty evaulation. Jennifer called me to say her craftsmen said the hole was from normal wear so warranty would not cover a re-sole. I'm now having the boots re-soled with a full mini-vibram sole. 3 weeks wait and I have a little less than 2 weeks to go. I'm sure missing my boots but that's how it goes.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 3 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 8 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...