I think I'll just have to deal with it. Actually I've already gotten over it due to the thoughts of shipping it over.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 159
Styleforum Top Picks
Read this article with a representative from Whites giving an interview to hotshotsfitness.com which is a firefighter website. He talks about boot care and over oiling.
Great article, thanks for sharing.
Just got my boots today. Only problem is that they got me nylon laces and hooks instead of leather and eyelets.
Overall the boots are great! They felt comfortable right out of the box and I will break them in around the house first.
You need to send them back and have them change out hooks for eyelets. For the money being paid, you should get what you ordered. They're supposed to be custom boots and you're paying the price for custom. They made a mistake - you shouldn't just live with their mistake. The laces is an easy thing -t hey messed up mine as well - took a few emails to Bakers to get them to send the right ones but no big deal there. If my boots that I waited for 8 weeks for and paid that much money for were wrong, no way would I live with it.
What if my boots have a leather liner?
There is extra leather throughout the boot which probably means I need greater quantity of oil. The inside does not suffer from the weather like the outside but socks and the feet are usually in contact to the liner so it might absorb some oil contained in the leather liner.
That being said, do I still need to oil inside?
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › NWT Uniqlo x Lemaire Men's Collarless Long Sleeve Shirt XS 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell Cotton Technical Knit Cardigan Navy XS 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 22 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 34 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...