I think I'll just have to deal with it. Actually I've already gotten over it due to the thoughts of shipping it over.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 159
Styleforum Top Picks
Read this article with a representative from Whites giving an interview to hotshotsfitness.com which is a firefighter website. He talks about boot care and over oiling.
Great article, thanks for sharing.
Just got my boots today. Only problem is that they got me nylon laces and hooks instead of leather and eyelets.
Overall the boots are great! They felt comfortable right out of the box and I will break them in around the house first.
You need to send them back and have them change out hooks for eyelets. For the money being paid, you should get what you ordered. They're supposed to be custom boots and you're paying the price for custom. They made a mistake - you shouldn't just live with their mistake. The laces is an easy thing -t hey messed up mine as well - took a few emails to Bakers to get them to send the right ones but no big deal there. If my boots that I waited for 8 weeks for and paid that much money for were wrong, no way would I live with it.
What if my boots have a leather liner?
There is extra leather throughout the boot which probably means I need greater quantity of oil. The inside does not suffer from the weather like the outside but socks and the feet are usually in contact to the liner so it might absorb some oil contained in the leather liner.
That being said, do I still need to oil inside?
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov... 41 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 52 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Blacksmith 2959 "copper rough & tough" size 10 D 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...