I think I'll just have to deal with it. Actually I've already gotten over it due to the thoughts of shipping it over.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 159post #2372 of 842110/1/13 at 7:45pmpost #2373 of 842110/1/13 at 8:30pmpost #2374 of 842110/1/13 at 8:44pmpost #2375 of 842110/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #2376 of 842110/2/13 at 7:22pmpost #2377 of 842110/2/13 at 7:24pmpost #2378 of 842110/2/13 at 7:47pmpost #2379 of 842110/2/13 at 8:13pmpost #2380 of 842110/2/13 at 8:17pmRead this article with a representative from Whites giving an interview to hotshotsfitness.com which is a firefighter website. He talks about boot care and over oiling.
http://www.hotshotfitness.com/whitesfirefightingboots.htmlpost #2381 of 842110/2/13 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by mini14gb
Read this article with a representative from Whites giving an interview to hotshotsfitness.com which is a firefighter website. He talks about boot care and over oiling.
Great article, thanks for sharing.post #2382 of 842110/3/13 at 5:53amQuote:Originally Posted by HDPolarbear
Just got my boots today. Only problem is that they got me nylon laces and hooks instead of leather and eyelets.
Overall the boots are great! They felt comfortable right out of the box and I will break them in around the house first.
You need to send them back and have them change out hooks for eyelets. For the money being paid, you should get what you ordered. They're supposed to be custom boots and you're paying the price for custom. They made a mistake - you shouldn't just live with their mistake. The laces is an easy thing -t hey messed up mine as well - took a few emails to Bakers to get them to send the right ones but no big deal there. If my boots that I waited for 8 weeks for and paid that much money for were wrong, no way would I live with it.post #2383 of 842110/3/13 at 7:32amQuote:
What if my boots have a leather liner?
There is extra leather throughout the boot which probably means I need greater quantity of oil. The inside does not suffer from the weather like the outside but socks and the feet are usually in contact to the liner so it might absorb some oil contained in the leather liner.
That being said, do I still need to oil inside?post #2384 of 842110/3/13 at 7:47ampost #2385 of 842110/3/13 at 7:49am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 12 minutes ago
- › Dukesbury: Bespoke Exotic Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 15 minutes ago
- › IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OK ~ THE OFFICIAL-UNOFFICIAL TOJ EXCHANGE... 16 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 17 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 21 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding