I think I'll just have to deal with it. Actually I've already gotten over it due to the thoughts of shipping it over.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 159post #2372 of 957810/1/13 at 7:45pmpost #2373 of 957810/1/13 at 8:30pmpost #2374 of 957810/1/13 at 8:44pmpost #2375 of 957810/1/13 at 9:50pmpost #2376 of 957810/2/13 at 7:22pmpost #2377 of 957810/2/13 at 7:24pmpost #2378 of 957810/2/13 at 7:47pmpost #2379 of 957810/2/13 at 8:13pmpost #2380 of 957810/2/13 at 8:17pmRead this article with a representative from Whites giving an interview to hotshotsfitness.com which is a firefighter website. He talks about boot care and over oiling.
http://www.hotshotfitness.com/whitesfirefightingboots.htmlpost #2381 of 957810/2/13 at 8:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by mini14gb
Read this article with a representative from Whites giving an interview to hotshotsfitness.com which is a firefighter website. He talks about boot care and over oiling.
Great article, thanks for sharing.post #2382 of 957810/3/13 at 5:53amQuote:Originally Posted by HDPolarbear
Just got my boots today. Only problem is that they got me nylon laces and hooks instead of leather and eyelets.
Overall the boots are great! They felt comfortable right out of the box and I will break them in around the house first.
You need to send them back and have them change out hooks for eyelets. For the money being paid, you should get what you ordered. They're supposed to be custom boots and you're paying the price for custom. They made a mistake - you shouldn't just live with their mistake. The laces is an easy thing -t hey messed up mine as well - took a few emails to Bakers to get them to send the right ones but no big deal there. If my boots that I waited for 8 weeks for and paid that much money for were wrong, no way would I live with it.post #2383 of 957810/3/13 at 7:32amQuote:
What if my boots have a leather liner?
There is extra leather throughout the boot which probably means I need greater quantity of oil. The inside does not suffer from the weather like the outside but socks and the feet are usually in contact to the liner so it might absorb some oil contained in the leather liner.
That being said, do I still need to oil inside?post #2384 of 957810/3/13 at 7:47ampost #2385 of 957810/3/13 at 7:49am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...