Im 6 weeks too i hope i dont have major defects now.....sorry to hear very interesting looking build.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Seavees 5 Eye Trail Boots Tobacco - US 10 Last post on 8/28/16 at 6:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 153post #2281 of 95869/24/13 at 10:12pmpost #2282 of 95869/25/13 at 3:40ampost #2283 of 95869/25/13 at 7:21amQuestion on soles: Going between double leather or single mid with 269 outsoles. I know the 269 tapers at the heel, but am curious to know which is thicker/ thinner at the toe. Aesthetically, I prefer double leather, but living here in Cascadia I am having my reservations, so I'm strongly considering the 269s. Plus, the 269s are about $50 cheaperpost #2284 of 95869/25/13 at 7:25ampost #2285 of 95869/25/13 at 7:36amHi b-ewing, double leather looks great and yes, it is thicker, not much but it is and looks clumpier. If you need grip the 269 is your better bet of course though. Look on my site to see examples (not plugging, honestly). Just for info it shouldn't be more money if you're going double leather without a further outsole.post #2286 of 95869/25/13 at 8:14amQuote:Hey a local boot shop can change the contrast of the midsoles.Originally Posted by kenucklehead
So, some good news and some bad news. I placed my order with Baker's which was submitted August 14th. To my surprise, they only took 6 weeks. Everything is pretty much what I wanted. Unfortunately, there are defects on the left boot so I will likely have to have them remade. Boo!
Anyway, here's a photo. One thing I will likely ask to have changed is the thickness of the sole. I was hoping for a bit more contrast between the Brown CXL and the natural smooth leather. However, I think they look awesome.
What do you guys think?post #2287 of 95869/25/13 at 11:23ampost #2288 of 95869/25/13 at 12:25pmyea i know i have small feet 9d whites semi dress. i told kyle my best fitting shoes measure 12.25" out sole length and 4.25" width at widest point. boots measure exactly that. i guess the soft toe is making it look sleeker than it really is. sorry about the not so awesome photography. i guess i could have gone up another half size due to the sleeker look compared to my last pair. but overall pretty happy.
there is light creasing all over the leather but not from being tried on probably how the leather is although my last two pairs in brown dress didn't have this. its crazy on the left boot outer top on the right side of it. forgot to add both boots parts on tip of the toe the leather is different color or that look when you scrape your boots and it takes off some of the color. not a big deal seeing as i would have did that myself after a few wearings.
going to see how these work out then hopefully start planning my next pair. color seems dull but photos shot in neutral and no editing whatsoever.
i could have made them handsome in photoshop but chose not to.
Edited by crosswound - 9/25/13 at 12:43pmpost #2289 of 95869/25/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
The left boot has a big scuff (looks like from the sander) as well as 4 crease lines that look like they were left by some sort of rolling device. Anyway, looks like they are going to get them remade for me. Sucks about the extra wait though. I was looking forward to wearing them.post #2290 of 95869/25/13 at 12:47pmpost #2291 of 95869/25/13 at 5:25pmpost #2292 of 95869/25/13 at 5:31pmpost #2293 of 95869/25/13 at 5:34pmpost #2294 of 95869/25/13 at 5:41pmmaybe my memory is bad and i went through the same thing the first time lol. mr moo its because i'm a true e width on the brannock but i stick with d width and i just go up half a size. so whatever shoes i end up getting usually does mold to my feet.
even my cordo aldens did the same breakin on the aldens is less brutal because the soles aren't as stiff as these babies. this is probably why all my barrie lasted alden shoes in cordo look so sleek and not blobby my feet stretched them to make them flat lol.post #2295 of 95869/25/13 at 5:42pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Ray Bans and Randolph Engineering Sunglasses 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Stussy Stock Applique Hoodie Pale Yellow size L BRAND NEW HARD TO FIND 6 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Norse Projects Hugo Light jacket size L USED good... 6 minutes ago
- › Adidas Tobacco Riviera/Rivea Pale Nude mens s 9 BRAND NEW 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...