Im 6 weeks too i hope i dont have major defects now.....sorry to hear very interesting looking build.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 153
Styleforum Top Picks
So, some good news and some bad news. I placed my order with Baker's which was submitted August 14th. To my surprise, they only took 6 weeks. Everything is pretty much what I wanted. Unfortunately, there are defects on the left boot so I will likely have to have them remade. Boo!
Anyway, here's a photo. One thing I will likely ask to have changed is the thickness of the sole. I was hoping for a bit more contrast between the Brown CXL and the natural smooth leather. However, I think they look awesome.
What do you guys think?
there is light creasing all over the leather but not from being tried on probably how the leather is although my last two pairs in brown dress didn't have this. its crazy on the left boot outer top on the right side of it. forgot to add both boots parts on tip of the toe the leather is different color or that look when you scrape your boots and it takes off some of the color. not a big deal seeing as i would have did that myself after a few wearings.
going to see how these work out then hopefully start planning my next pair. color seems dull but photos shot in neutral and no editing whatsoever.
i could have made them handsome in photoshop but chose not to.
Edited by crosswound - 9/25/13 at 12:43pm
The left boot has a big scuff (looks like from the sander) as well as 4 crease lines that look like they were left by some sort of rolling device. Anyway, looks like they are going to get them remade for me. Sucks about the extra wait though. I was looking forward to wearing them.
even my cordo aldens did the same breakin on the aldens is less brutal because the soles aren't as stiff as these babies. this is probably why all my barrie lasted alden shoes in cordo look so sleek and not blobby my feet stretched them to make them flat lol.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Briefcase porn thread 16 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 16 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 16 minutes ago
- › Ideas for Sartoria Formosa S/S'16 suits & sport coats 18 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 19 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden Ravello Longwing Blucher lwb in size 8.5D Barrie 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories