Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 152post #2266 of 84859/24/13 at 10:07ampost #2267 of 84859/24/13 at 10:26amQuote:
I don't think any place will carry the SD. Most places that stock White's will only carry the Smokejumpers, and in black. The SD is basically a custom boot and you can see that in this thread because I don't think there are any two pairs the same that have been posted.
Andy B.post #2268 of 84859/24/13 at 10:31ampost #2269 of 84859/24/13 at 10:56ampost #2270 of 84859/24/13 at 11:00ampost #2271 of 84859/24/13 at 11:11ampost #2272 of 84859/24/13 at 11:14ampost #2273 of 84859/24/13 at 11:40ampost #2274 of 84859/24/13 at 2:39pmpost #2275 of 84859/24/13 at 3:33pmpost #2276 of 84859/24/13 at 3:35pmpost #2277 of 84859/24/13 at 3:37pmyes i got the soft toe i stated that in this thread about 5 times i think.
not my photo but the side view worn looks excellent.
i will take my own photos soon as i get them tomorrow. i was just thinking even though i made sure to tell kyle about 10+ times on i want a soft toe no celastic toe. the horror if they came with a celastic toe lmao.......
Edited by crosswound - 9/24/13 at 4:00pmpost #2278 of 84859/24/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
When I sent my tracings/measurements in to Bakers, they gave me a size that was way different from my usual size of workboots. So he shipped out a couple pairs of semidress' to let me get a feel for which one felt best. Once I decided on a size, I sent the pairs back to him and got on with my custom order. Worth a shot to email Kyle at Bakers, he's great to work withpost #2279 of 84859/24/13 at 4:34pmpost #2280 of 84859/24/13 at 9:51pm
So, some good news and some bad news. I placed my order with Baker's which was submitted August 14th. To my surprise, they only took 6 weeks. Everything is pretty much what I wanted. Unfortunately, there are defects on the left boot so I will likely have to have them remade. Boo!
Anyway, here's a photo. One thing I will likely ask to have changed is the thickness of the sole. I was hoping for a bit more contrast between the Brown CXL and the natural smooth leather. However, I think they look awesome.
What do you guys think?
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...