or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 151

post #2251 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7018 View Post

Great looking SJs.  Any pics of your last pair?  Would love to see how they held up over 20 years!
Sadly I took them to my boot shop and he declined to rebuild them. I had spilled a bunch of industrial resin on them and it sealed the pours and would no longer take oils so they cracked badly in several places. I threw them into the garbage at his shop.
post #2252 of 4880
that is a sad way to go for a 20 year relationship yes i said relationship because those boots was a part of your life my friend. may they rest in peace in the further
post #2253 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

that is a sad way to go for a 20 year relationship yes i said relationship because those boots was a part of your life my friend. may they rest in peace in the further

Yeah I suppose they were but sometimes good friends die and you have to let them go......nah who am I kidding.  Succinctly boots are a tool that wears out, I recently sold a deer rifle after carrying it for over 25 years and a chainsaw I owned for 20 years.  Its a tool plain and simple.  I only have sentimentality for the the living.  I don't need them laying around my shop getting moved around over and over. 

post #2254 of 4880

There are many ways to string laces so the false tongue won't slid but this is the way most real loggers here in the Northwest do it.  Speaking as a logger.     

 

post #2255 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini14gb View Post

It does not have a built up heel.  The sole is one continuous piece of rubber from toe to heel, there is no stacked up leather heel.  This lowers the heel and mellows the arch support for people with flatter feet.   

I had often considered ordering a boot on the vibram 232 in this vein. Has anyone every tried to order from whites without the arch support?
post #2256 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini14gb View Post

There are many ways to string laces so the false tongue won't slid but this is the way most real loggers here in the Northwest do it.  Speaking as a logger.     



That right there is the best tip I have learned in months. And so damn obvious.
THANKS!!!!!

Andy B.
post #2257 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy b. View Post

That right there is the best tip I have learned in months. And so damn obvious.
THANKS!!!!!

Andy B.
Ha ha you are very welcome sir. Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!! Lol
post #2258 of 4880

Hey does anyone know if the "Poleclimber oxford" is available anywhere besides Japan?  Or a similar lace-to-toe Oxford shoe?

post #2259 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by linafelt View Post
 

Hey does anyone know if the "Poleclimber oxford" is available anywhere besides Japan?  Or a similar lace-to-toe Oxford shoe?

 

Those oxfords are pretty sweet!

post #2260 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Tan View Post

Those oxfords are pretty sweet!

+1 interested to see different combos!!

Only thing to watch out for is staying clear of "bowling shoe" look.
post #2261 of 4880

Baker's Oxford has the lineman side patch and lace to to option if you want to customize one to look like that. You could also just email them and ask them to have White's make you a pair.

post #2262 of 4880
Cool, I hadn't seen Bakers own version, which offers some other options... Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shivman View Post

Baker's Oxford has the lineman side patch and lace to to option if you want to customize one to look like that. You could also just email them and ask them to have White's make you a pair.
post #2263 of 4880
can't wait for my boots to arrive should be this friday coming up bigstar[1].gif
post #2264 of 4880
Are there any places that stock White's boots that are ready to go for delivery? Not keen on ordering a custom pair and finding out I don't like them/they don't fit right. Plus the wait time.
post #2265 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Are there any places that stock White's boots that are ready to go for delivery? Not keen on ordering a custom pair and finding out I don't like them/they don't fit right. Plus the wait time.

Check your local agriculture supply store or use the dealer locator on Whites website. Several stores here in my town carry Whites and you can buy them today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?