Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 16post #226 of 853012/12/11 at 11:39ampost #227 of 853012/12/11 at 1:03pm
The leather that we would be obtaining from Horween is shell cordovan which is indeed the highest grade of horse hide available. Shell cordovan is made of horse-butt and is very soft but extremely durable. Aside from certain exotic leathers, this is probably the number one demanded leather in the world for fine footwear. There are few manufactures that are using true shell cordovan leather.
Due to the high demand of this leather and White's being a new shell cordovan customer, we are only going to be allocated enough leather to make roughly 5 pair a month.
The price will not to be inexpensive - they will be $950-$1,000 per pair. I know the price will scare people, but this leather costs about 3-4x as much as standard cowhide or chrome excel leather. Only the top boot makers in the factory will be able to craft with this leather because it’s so delicate.
I have a sample pair that I will throw up on Facebook sometime this week (it's been crazy due to holiday, but I'll try and get it up by midweek)
Thank you all!
Baker’s Shoespost #228 of 853012/12/11 at 7:05pmpost #229 of 853012/12/11 at 7:10pmyeah, me too. The $600-700 that Alden is getting for cordo is already pushing it a little for me, but $950-1000 is just too much. I'm sure there are people who will pay it though, if I had the kind of disposable income where it wasn't a big deal I'd probably do it myself, cordo White's would be amazing. Can't wait to see pics.post #230 of 853012/12/11 at 9:24pmpost #231 of 853012/13/11 at 3:51ampost #232 of 853012/13/11 at 6:14ampost #233 of 853012/13/11 at 8:58ampost #234 of 853012/13/11 at 2:12pmQuote:
Burgundy CXL, which they just recently started offering. It may only be availabe on their regular website right now though. Ask Kyle @ Bakers.post #235 of 853012/13/11 at 2:41pmpost #236 of 853012/13/11 at 2:45pmpost #237 of 853012/13/11 at 2:50pmpost #238 of 853012/13/11 at 8:38pmQuote:
I just put another order in for my brother and there is an option for close sole trim and celastic toe box now
I did specify the single row stitching + close trim and the single celastic toe via email just to make sure.
The shell cordovan is nice. A little out of my price range right now thoughpost #239 of 853012/14/11 at 1:41pm
Style Forum - I am working on doing an intro price on the shell cordovan for Style Forum for the first 5 buyers interested. This would be limited to the first 5 customers. I am thinking 20% discount good thru Dec. 31, 2011. To be fair, I will also include Super Future fans as well. Again, this will be offered 'first come, first serve' to the first 5 buyers.
Base price: $949
After discout price: $806.65
If anyone is interested, please contact me at email@example.com
Thank you all for your business and support.
We greatly appreciate it.
Baker's Shoespost #240 of 853012/21/11 at 12:31pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 20 seconds ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 1 minute ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NWOT Canali Kei Sports Coat 3 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 18 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...