Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 16
Styleforum Top Picks
The leather that we would be obtaining from Horween is shell cordovan which is indeed the highest grade of horse hide available. Shell cordovan is made of horse-butt and is very soft but extremely durable. Aside from certain exotic leathers, this is probably the number one demanded leather in the world for fine footwear. There are few manufactures that are using true shell cordovan leather.
Due to the high demand of this leather and White's being a new shell cordovan customer, we are only going to be allocated enough leather to make roughly 5 pair a month.
The price will not to be inexpensive - they will be $950-$1,000 per pair. I know the price will scare people, but this leather costs about 3-4x as much as standard cowhide or chrome excel leather. Only the top boot makers in the factory will be able to craft with this leather because it’s so delicate.
I have a sample pair that I will throw up on Facebook sometime this week (it's been crazy due to holiday, but I'll try and get it up by midweek)
Thank you all!
Burgundy CXL, which they just recently started offering. It may only be availabe on their regular website right now though. Ask Kyle @ Bakers.
I just put another order in for my brother and there is an option for close sole trim and celastic toe box now
I did specify the single row stitching + close trim and the single celastic toe via email just to make sure.
The shell cordovan is nice. A little out of my price range right now though
Style Forum - I am working on doing an intro price on the shell cordovan for Style Forum for the first 5 buyers interested. This would be limited to the first 5 customers. I am thinking 20% discount good thru Dec. 31, 2011. To be fair, I will also include Super Future fans as well. Again, this will be offered 'first come, first serve' to the first 5 buyers.
Base price: $949
After discout price: $806.65
If anyone is interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you all for your business and support.
We greatly appreciate it.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 15 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories