or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 150

post #2236 of 3625
Guys thanks for all your help about sizing. I can make a call to Kyle with reliable infos now.
post #2237 of 3625
First day out with stock SDs in dark brown.

post #2238 of 3625
Lookin Sharp
post #2239 of 3625
It's a good-looking pair of boots! Can't go wrong with Dress Brown SDs.

Allan
post #2240 of 3625
Picked up some lexol today and ordered and received my obenaufs last week. Got started cleaning on the left boot today. Going to oil them with obenaufs after.

Right boot

Untitled

Untitled

Left boot (I began cleaning with lexol).

Untitled

Untitled
post #2241 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


 

I’m thinking about getting something like these brown smooth lace to toe smoke jumpers, but in 10’’. I think the bounty hunter may be a more fitted boot due to the SD last, but I’m not sure. What difference does the SD last make? I am also on the wall about getting a sole like in the picture or a composition half sole.

I have some navy SDs coming, but I want a pair to use as my daily beater shoes.

What you guys think?

 

Brian--- boots looking nicely worn in!

post #2242 of 3625

Thank you for the compliment @4characters

 

I am wondering if anyone on here may have experience with cleaning natural cxl? I started cleaning my left boot as photographed above. I am using lexol leather cleaner and having great results so far. I paused while cleaning the left boot as I worried myself since I've never really done this and want to avoid creating damage. I still can find a lot of places on left boot (like on the outside toe near the sole) but stopped. let me know if I am looking good so far.

Thanks,

Brian

post #2243 of 3625
what color polish do you guys who own the color brown dress recommend?
post #2244 of 3625
After a 10 week wait my first custom ordered pair of White's arrived yesterday. My other pair where purchased from Ebay. These came out exactly like i wanted. The leather color, sole and everything are perfect. Sizing was very close, i normally wear a 10.5/11 and my first pair of White's are supposedly a 11D so i sent my tracings in and got a recommendation to go with a 10. I haven't worn a 10 since high school so i went with an 11D. In reality i could have went with a 10.5, these are a little roomy. Not too bad just a little bigger than my other pair. They measure about 1/4" larger. Had them on all day today, i really like the Commando mini lug sole vs the leather on my brown SD's. I will be boxing those up and sending them to Baker's to have those soles changed. The CXL does seem to scuff easy.




post #2245 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmi View Post

After a 10 week wait my first custom ordered pair of White's arrived yesterday. My other pair where purchased from Ebay. These came out exactly like i wanted. The leather color, sole and everything are perfect. Sizing was very close, i normally wear a 10.5/11 and my first pair of White's are supposedly a 11D so i sent my tracings in and got a recommendation to go with a 10. I haven't worn a 10 since high school so i went with an 11D. In reality i could have went with a 10.5, these are a little roomy. Not too bad just a little bigger than my other pair. They measure about 1/4" larger. Had them on all day today, i really like the Commando mini lug sole vs the leather on my brown SD's. I will be boxing those up and sending them to Baker's to have those soles changed. The CXL does seem to scuff easy.

 

Those look great. I placed an order last week for 6" BHs in brown bison, and went with the same sole. Every pair I see it on makes me happy I went with it.

 

You're making me a bit nervous about the size I went with (9.5B left and 9.5D right -- narrower than I normally go for), but I'll try to keep full faith in Kyle at Baker's every time I worry about it over the next nine or so weeks. 

post #2246 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrend View Post

Those look great. I placed an order last week for 6" BHs in brown bison, and went with the same sole. Every pair I see it on makes me happy I went with it.

You're making me a bit nervous about the size I went with (9.5B left and 9.5D right -- narrower than I normally go for), but I'll try to keep full faith in Kyle at Baker's every time I worry about it over the next nine or so weeks. 

Thanks! Your brown Bison are going to look great. If you went with Kyle's recommendation you should be good.
post #2247 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmi View Post

The CXL does seem to scuff easy.

Natural CXL is beautiful but definitely not for the fussy.
post #2248 of 3625

cwmi--- congrats, nice boots! lookin good.:D

post #2249 of 3625

Those Natural CXL SD look gorgeous.  I ordered the exact same config, natural CXL, toe cap, mini lug, antique eyes and hooks, brown close trim, standard heel, in 6" BH's a week ago and I can't wait!  I was a bit nervous about the brown edge because I have only ever seen the natural edge, but after seeing yours my mind is at ease.

post #2250 of 3625
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronjared View Post
 

Those Natural CXL SD look gorgeous.  I ordered the exact same config, natural CXL, toe cap, mini lug, antique eyes and hooks, brown close trim, standard heel, in 6" BH's a week ago and I can't wait!  I was a bit nervous about the brown edge because I have only ever seen the natural edge, but after seeing yours my mind is at ease.

 

 

Thanks, I'm sure you will love yours.  I think the brown edge makes a  nice contrast to the natural CXL.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?