or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 147

post #2191 of 5037

You gotta put the false tongue in a boot that burley.

post #2192 of 5037
4C, I wish I could give you a good answer. I own SJs but not SDs. I'm trying to figure out the opposite from you... If I remember Kyle's advice correctly, it was that the two lasts should be close size-wise, maybe the SD a bit more narrow?
post #2193 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shivman View Post

You gotta put the false tongue in a boot that burley.

+1!
post #2194 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

I just tried on some smoke jumpers today in size 10D and they fit perfectly with athletic socks. My SDs are size 10.5D. The Semi-dress is smaller so they should fit in 10.5D right? Maybe with an added in-sole?



Does that sound reasonable? Size 10.5D in SD and Size 10D in SJ?



 



Thanks Andy B.



Thanks b-ewing



 



Brian


Those are some sweet smoke jumpers! With the way you beat your boots those burley SJs will be perfect for you. Like the Brown smooth/ red dog combo.

Thanks! I'm super happy with how they turned out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shivman View Post

You gotta put the false tongue in a boot that burley.

False tounges are in, photos coming soon.
post #2195 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

4C, I wish I could give you a good answer. I own SJs but not SDs. I'm trying to figure out the opposite from you... If I remember Kyle's advice correctly, it was that the two lasts should be close size-wise, maybe the SD a bit more narrow?

Thanks

 Well, I suppose at this point there's not much I can do... I will find out in 2-3 weeks anyway; In the meantime I’ll try not to think about it….:lookaround:

post #2196 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

I just tried on some smoke jumpers today in size 10D and they fit perfectly with athletic socks. My SDs are size 10.5D. The Semi-dress is smaller so they should fit in 10.5D right? Maybe with an added in-sole?



Does that sound reasonable? Size 10.5D in SD and Size 10D in SJ?





This is just my experience with the pairs I own. The BHs are 9.5D (on the SD last) and the SJs are 9.5E but on the 461 Classic last. My previous posts explain why that is. The 461C last is supposed to be like the standard SJ last only with a more upturned toe. Going by my boots in front of me, I would say the SJ last is roomier. What all that means is that yes, I think your 10.5D SDs should fit fine.

I don't know how much insoles adjust the fit, other than the heel area. I can say with 100% certainty that you can make much more adjustments by varying your sock thickness. Also, something to keep in mind is that wool socks (at least 75% wool) are excellent at wicking away moisture, so don't assume wool=hot sweaty feet. I said I don't wear my SJs in the summer. That isn't because they make my feet sweat, it's because they look kind of goofy with board shorts and Hawaiian shirts. biggrin.gif

Andy B.
post #2197 of 5037

Lord are those beautiful!!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

The Brown Smooth on those looks much lighter than on mine. It's very difficult to figure out how all these leather colors are going to end up except for black.

White's gives some instructions on folding the tongue. You kind of have to pull it to one side, then fold it over. The only problem I have is making sure it lays right over the crease over your ankle. Once it gets broken in, the fold comes sort of natural to it.

Andy B.
post #2198 of 5037
Untitled

Untitled
post #2199 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Thanks



 Well, I suppose at this point there's not much I can do... I will find out in 2-3 weeks anyway; In the meantime I’ll try not to think about it….lookaround.gif


Don't let me scare you off, man- There's plenty of other experience on here... When in doubt go w/Kyle
Edited by b-ewing - 9/13/13 at 9:53pm
post #2200 of 5037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Itzaina View Post

Untitled

Untitled
F^cking perfect!! One of the best, non-fussy looking two tone boot I've seen
Edited by b-ewing - 9/13/13 at 9:39pm
post #2201 of 5037
Those are some serious fucking boots.
I can hang but not sure I could pull them off.
post #2202 of 5037
Those are some serious s**tkickers! Congrats. Now go do what these boots were meant for and crush some cans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99Wo_mrSSIU
post #2203 of 5037
Cleaning these up has been alot of work.
The I cleaned up the toe so well the nasty creases are now smooth again.
Not sure if I'm going to oil them and or LP them next.

Untitled
Edited by Brian Itzaina - 9/14/13 at 4:18pm
post #2204 of 5037

Look good, I'd just do a coat or 2 of LP, let it dry in the sun, and then hit them with a brush for about 1/2 hour.

post #2205 of 5037
4characters, your sizing for your incoming SD's should be spot in, the SJ's are roomier overall throughout the foot and that half size should be just what you need.

Cheers dears.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?