Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 144
Styleforum Top Picks
I've had my Bounty Hunters with red dog vamp and heel counters for three years and wear them often. My SJs with the brown smooth uppers are less than a year old and I haven't worn them at all this summer. So I really can't comment on how durable the brown smooth is or how it will age, but I would expect since it is one of the two heaviest leathers White's offers, it should be very durable. The brown smooth is very dark, so as it ages I expect it to get only darker, almost black. The red dog gets a little darker when I oil it with Obenauf's, but it lightens back up a little over time. It is a nice reddish-brown color. In sunlight it has definite red coloring.
As for weight, the red dog seems a little lighter. If the brown smooth is 8-9 oz, the red dog is maybe 7 oz. The brown smooth seems stiffer than the red dog did right from the start. It is tough to say though since I only have one pair of each and the leather thickness can vary.
Andy, how's the fit of the BHs compared to the SJs?
Well, somewhere a few pages back I posted my crazy sizing stories. To make it short, my BHs are 9 1/2 D and my SJs are 9 1/2 E. I wear a lightweight hiking sock or something about like an athletic sock with the BHs, and the thickest wool socks I can find with the SJs. The wool socks are from Cabela's, and I would say they are at least 1/8" thick when compressed. That doesn't sound too thick, but it effectively makes your foot 1/4" wider and 1/4" taller. I can't even start to fit my foot into the BHs with the wool socks on.
My guess is that a pair of SJs in 9 1/2 D would fit pretty close to the BHs. I told Kyle at Baker's what I wanted to do with the thick socks, and it was his suggestion to go with the E width for the SJs. I asked him several times if he was sure about this, and he assured me it would work. At this point if I had a sizing question, and had an existing pair of White's to base my question on, I would go 100% with what Kyle recommends. He really does do this every day.
I am already planning my next pair of White's. It will be lace-to-toe SJs, 6" height, 9 1/2 D, probably distressed brown. I have no doubt the 9 1/2 D SJs will be fine with light hiking socks.
Thanks for all the advice everyone. This wonderful thread has so much information that I was finally able to nail down my order and I placed it tonight! Now the 8-10 week wait begins :(
6" height Bounty Hunter
Natural chromexcel leather
Toe cap with single celastic toe box
Antique eyes and hooks
Commando mini lug half sole
Close trim brown edge
Of course, should have known…
But, do they send an email before they do the horseback delivery?
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 1 second ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Is Will and "A Suitable Wardrobe" Still in Business? 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1