Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 141post #2101 of 85208/28/13 at 7:13pmpost #2102 of 85208/28/13 at 7:25pmpost #2103 of 85208/28/13 at 7:32pmpost #2104 of 85208/28/13 at 7:35pm
Update: This is really interesting...
"The strip and the shells are pure vegetable pit tannages, and the horsefront can be tanned either with or without chrome – note: horsefront a.k.a. front quarter horsehide (FQHH), double horsefront (DHF), and single horsefront (SHF). The strip (a.k.a. bark strip, russet horsehide strip, natural horsebutt strip, north of cordovan, and others) is thick relative to the front, and typically ranges from 4 – 10 oz, or 1.6 mm to 4 mm. This is great leather, though it’s a little funky to work with due to the shape(Horween)."
"The shell has no grain, the strip in the center has very pronounced and coarse grain, and the two steerhide examples have very fine, but still very pronounced grain. These are all full grain products (Horween)."
Edited by 4characters - 8/28/13 at 7:48pmpost #2105 of 85208/28/13 at 8:38pmpost #2106 of 85208/29/13 at 9:16ampost #2107 of 85208/29/13 at 9:29ampost #2108 of 85208/29/13 at 9:52ampost #2109 of 85208/29/13 at 2:13pmpost #2110 of 85208/29/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by b-ewing
Good observation, Meso. Basically confirms my suspicions, as well as reaffirms my obsession with getting both
Would jump on the horsehide if it were horse strip (aka horse butt), but I'm guessing its not because it's not advertised as such (right?).
Most likely going to wear these with my new A2
Perhaps the British tan is too matchy? Or maybe it's "just right" matchy?
The darkest brown will be much more classy...post #2111 of 85208/29/13 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by PASstudy
Boots came in last Friday 8/23. Ordered from White's directly on July 12. Americana Semi-dress in Red Milano WB.
Enjoy the boots so far. They feel great, not has heavy as I expected.. Not a big fan of the laces so I'm planning to switch them out for some brown dress laces.
Congrats, they look great~!post #2112 of 85208/29/13 at 5:26pmpost #2113 of 85208/29/13 at 5:40pm
I also just received a package from White’s….
Semi-Dress Blend Coffee!
I’m really excited to try it. I’m waiting until my boots come to drink it, so I'll tell ya how good it is then.post #2114 of 85208/30/13 at 2:04pm
Hey guys, first time poster. I am zeroing in on a boot build for a pair of Bounty Hunters from Baker's. This is what I have come up with:
Counter Leather British Tan, Celastic Toe Box No Thanks, Height 6", Midsole Single, Heel Base Standard, Last Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter), Steel Toe No Thanks, Upper (Shaft) Leather British Tan, Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Toe Vamp Leather British Tan, Top Cut Top (standard), HardwareAntique Eyes & Hooks, Leather Liner Brown, Pull Loops No Thanks, Size - Width C, Lace Design Plain Toe, Sole Commando Mini Lug Half Sole, Toe Cap Leather Color British Tan, Edge Brown, Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower
The final piece is to decide if I want a celastic toe or to go without. I haven't been able to find anything in the entire thread discussing this topic. I currently have a pair of the vintage work boots which I do use for work, with the soft toe and I love them. I definitely want a cap toe for my dressier pair, but is the celastic toe necessary to hold the boot's shape? Or is the extra leather from the cap enough to maintain it?
My work pair after a bit of a cleanuppost #2115 of 85208/30/13 at 2:45pm
Welcome to the White’s boots thread. I almost got that exact boots you have; I must say yours are looking great..
From my understanding the White’s Vintage boots are pretty much a more basic production (not all hand-made) version of the bounty hunter.
Your configuration sounds pretty good. Your toes look excellent; a cap-toe Bounty Hunter would be pretty similar. If you like your current toe than you should be just fine with the same in the BH.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Eidos Napoli 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Dress boots dilema 1 minute ago
- › British shaving brush makers 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Perfect Navy Blazer! NWT Sartorial Saint Andrews 46 8R (Free... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...