Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 141post #2101 of 80278/28/13 at 7:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2102 of 80278/28/13 at 7:25pmpost #2103 of 80278/28/13 at 7:32pmpost #2104 of 80278/28/13 at 7:35pm
Update: This is really interesting...
"The strip and the shells are pure vegetable pit tannages, and the horsefront can be tanned either with or without chrome – note: horsefront a.k.a. front quarter horsehide (FQHH), double horsefront (DHF), and single horsefront (SHF). The strip (a.k.a. bark strip, russet horsehide strip, natural horsebutt strip, north of cordovan, and others) is thick relative to the front, and typically ranges from 4 – 10 oz, or 1.6 mm to 4 mm. This is great leather, though it’s a little funky to work with due to the shape(Horween)."
"The shell has no grain, the strip in the center has very pronounced and coarse grain, and the two steerhide examples have very fine, but still very pronounced grain. These are all full grain products (Horween)."
Edited by 4characters - 8/28/13 at 7:48pmpost #2105 of 80278/28/13 at 8:38pmpost #2106 of 80278/29/13 at 9:16ampost #2107 of 80278/29/13 at 9:29ampost #2108 of 80278/29/13 at 9:52ampost #2109 of 80278/29/13 at 2:13pmpost #2110 of 80278/29/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by b-ewing
Good observation, Meso. Basically confirms my suspicions, as well as reaffirms my obsession with getting both
Would jump on the horsehide if it were horse strip (aka horse butt), but I'm guessing its not because it's not advertised as such (right?).
Most likely going to wear these with my new A2
Perhaps the British tan is too matchy? Or maybe it's "just right" matchy?
The darkest brown will be much more classy...post #2111 of 80278/29/13 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by PASstudy
Boots came in last Friday 8/23. Ordered from White's directly on July 12. Americana Semi-dress in Red Milano WB.
Enjoy the boots so far. They feel great, not has heavy as I expected.. Not a big fan of the laces so I'm planning to switch them out for some brown dress laces.
Congrats, they look great~!post #2112 of 80278/29/13 at 5:26pmpost #2113 of 80278/29/13 at 5:40pm
I also just received a package from White’s….
Semi-Dress Blend Coffee!
I’m really excited to try it. I’m waiting until my boots come to drink it, so I'll tell ya how good it is then.post #2114 of 80278/30/13 at 2:04pm
Hey guys, first time poster. I am zeroing in on a boot build for a pair of Bounty Hunters from Baker's. This is what I have come up with:
Counter Leather British Tan, Celastic Toe Box No Thanks, Height 6", Midsole Single, Heel Base Standard, Last Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter), Steel Toe No Thanks, Upper (Shaft) Leather British Tan, Toe Cap Leather Toe Cap (only available on plain toe style), Toe Vamp Leather British Tan, Top Cut Top (standard), HardwareAntique Eyes & Hooks, Leather Liner Brown, Pull Loops No Thanks, Size - Width C, Lace Design Plain Toe, Sole Commando Mini Lug Half Sole, Toe Cap Leather Color British Tan, Edge Brown, Heel Lifts 1/4" Lower
The final piece is to decide if I want a celastic toe or to go without. I haven't been able to find anything in the entire thread discussing this topic. I currently have a pair of the vintage work boots which I do use for work, with the soft toe and I love them. I definitely want a cap toe for my dressier pair, but is the celastic toe necessary to hold the boot's shape? Or is the extra leather from the cap enough to maintain it?
My work pair after a bit of a cleanuppost #2115 of 80278/30/13 at 2:45pm
Welcome to the White’s boots thread. I almost got that exact boots you have; I must say yours are looking great..
From my understanding the White’s Vintage boots are pretty much a more basic production (not all hand-made) version of the bounty hunter.
Your configuration sounds pretty good. Your toes look excellent; a cap-toe Bounty Hunter would be pretty similar. If you like your current toe than you should be just fine with the same in the BH.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.