Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 140
Styleforum Top Picks
You know my steeze!
I was all geared up for the British tan with a cap toe, but just purchased the Alden x J Crew Barrie shell boots so now I'm thinking I want my SDs with a plain toe. And I've seen killer pics of well patina'd plain toe brown dress SDs... So I'm just plain confused.
The dress brown leather ages really nicely and is a White’s original leather that they have been using for a super long time.
But on the other hand Konadog’s SDs in British tan have a really wonderful rich color that from the pictures seems more dynamic then the dress brown.
I suppose I would go for the British tan, but then again the horse hide is also very nice.
Oh he*l, they are all nice, just compromise and buy one of each or close your eyes and point.
Generally, dark brown gets more use than tan, in my book. Although they are both essential.
The only caveat is that White's dark brown is REALLY dark brown, like almost black.
A brown CXL that has more mid tones would make a good third option.
Would jump on the horsehide if it were horse strip (aka horse butt), but I'm guessing its not because it's not advertised as such (right?).
Most likely going to wear these with my new A2
Perhaps the British tan is too matchy? Or maybe it's "just right" matchy?
The brown horsehide is amazing. I've had lots of shell cordovan shoes throughout my life, and the HH is not even close to the same, but it is still nothing short of spectacular leather. I have seen all the leathers you are considering, and the HH looks better than any of them in my opinion. The Brown Dress is as dressy, and the British Tan is beautiful, but neither of them have the depth or character of the HH. The color of the HH is somewhere between the two others and it is slightly mottled -- just enough to add that depth and character I described, not enough to look odd. The added price of the HH is not too high, especially for what you get. While not as durable as shell cordovan in some respects, it is thicker and tougher in other ways. Mine have been worn quite a bit over the last few months, but they live any easy life and look nearly new. I'm not trying to sell you on the HH, but you certainly shouldn't discount the leather if you are thinking about brown Semi Dress boots.
B-ewing would you be in the market for a $1000 pair of White's boots?
If you are, go for it, get the horse butt. HB is pretty much the king of dress leathers (you know better than I) and should be well worth it (if you have 1k to spend). I’m glad I’m getting my navy CXL SDs, but someday I really want to get them in cordovan.
SD shoes in cordovan are available hear:
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 10 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 22 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 26 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 27 minutes ago
- › Official Golf Thread 40 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...