Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 135post #2011 of 85268/14/13 at 9:12pmpost #2012 of 85268/14/13 at 11:18pm
While we are on the subject of White’s boots as dress shoes, I must say this picture is one of my all time favorites. Super minimalistic, unique color, clean looking….. Anyway I’m just sitting here dreaming of my navy CXL SDs with 700 soles, medallion toecap, close trim, and crème liner… ordered them five weeks ago, maybe I’m half way there…
Picture from hear: http://secinfo.exblog.jp/14391483/
Edited by 4characters - 8/14/13 at 11:42pmpost #2013 of 85268/15/13 at 6:09ampost #2014 of 85268/15/13 at 6:45ampost #2015 of 85268/15/13 at 6:52ampost #2016 of 85268/15/13 at 7:01ampost #2017 of 85268/15/13 at 7:05am
Loving the suggestions so far guys - thanks!
It's an interesting issue, I think I might be able to get away with a dressy build of a SD for most work days but not really sure. I have Aldens that are dressy enough to wear with a suit... don't need quite that level of dress but enough to be able to wear with slacks and a button down.
Close trim, non celastic MIGHT do the trick...post #2018 of 85268/15/13 at 8:03amits not a dressy boot at all because you'll never be able to wear it with trousers let alone chino's. your stuck to basically denim only. if you buy it like that and think your dressed up even in the slightest your kidding yourself. wearing really nice boots though most likely dressy nope.
every pair of aldens i own i can wear with denim/chinos/trousers and it looks good i get compliments no matter so dressy yes. you will look out of place wearing whites no matter what configuration with chinos/trousers so dressy no.
for reference i don't consider someone really dressed up if they are wearing denim. i wear lots of denim so no hate.post #2019 of 85268/15/13 at 9:19ampost #2020 of 85268/15/13 at 9:38ampost #2021 of 85268/15/13 at 10:07amever see those guys wearing workwear boots with suits trying to make it look dressed up. never works out right does it. thats all i gotta say. they are nice boots period but i would definitely not call it dress boots.
if you think i'm trying to put him off from buying whites i've already ordered my own pair of non celastic toe in close trim already which i just stated in a few posts ago but i already own plenty of dress shoes/boots. this will be my 4th pair of whites, two i've had to sell, and my first pair after they have been worn by me i have given to my younger brother to enjoy so now i'm buying a new pair.post #2022 of 85268/15/13 at 10:13ampost #2023 of 85268/15/13 at 10:53am
I agree with Crosswound on Whites. I have a relatively new pair of SDs and love them. They look great with denim. And sure, they would look better than some of the crappy beat up shoes some people wear to the office. But, they just simply do not look as good as my AE Leeds, Greyson or Strands shoes. They just don't - not with chinos. They're stylish work boots but the form factor is still a work boot form factor. Great with jeans but not business casual, much less full business. For casual Friday when jeans are allowed where I work, I'll wear them and they look great. I just think there are much better choices that look better with chinos/slacks.
Edit: by the same point, my Leeds would look very odd with denim so I wouldn't wear them that way. My McTavish shoes would look odd with a 3-piece suit so I wouldn't wear them that way.post #2024 of 85268/15/13 at 11:27am
White’s dose make a “Dress” boot though, it’s called the Dress Packer.
tigerpack— you could totally go for the western businessman look and rock a dress packer with almost anything. Just saying…
pic from supertalk
Edited by 4characters - 8/15/13 at 11:52ampost #2025 of 85268/15/13 at 11:33am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 11 minutes ago
- › 10/23 PRICE DROP: NWT $8500 KITON SOLID NAVY 14 MICRON SUIT - 52L EU 14 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 15 minutes ago
- › Suits 36R/36S - ZZenga, Armani & Benjamin Sartorial 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 39 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 48 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes in UK - a more affordable option? 58 minutes ago
- › Jeans with lighter colored dress shoes 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...