or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 123

post #1831 of 6076
B-Ewing -- British tan is one of my favorite leathers for SDs. A close second to HH. I saw the 269 soles for the first time today, and they are VERY nice. I don't think any other sole looks better, and they are very practical for street use, with no exposed leather on the bottoms of the soles. I REALLY like the "waist' under the arch and now question my decision to have 700 soles on my boots. As you have seen, I got all eyelets on my SDs, and I wouldn't dare change that decision. Same with the plain toe caps that are classic.

Allan
Edited by Okal - 7/9/13 at 11:06pm
post #1832 of 6076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okal View Post

B-Ewing -- British tan is one of my favorite leathers for SDs. A close second to HH. I saw the 269 soles for the first time today, and they are VERY nice. I don't think any other sole looks better, and they are very practical for street use, with no exposed leather on the bottoms of the soles. I REALLY like the "waist' under the arch and now question my decision to have 700 soles on my boots. As you have seen, I got all eyelets on my SDs, and I wouldn't dare change that decision. Same with the plain toe caps that are classic.

Allan

Allan, I appreciate your input. Other than my still indecisive decision on the cap toes, I'm going the route you reaffirmed for me- thx again biggrin.gif
post #1833 of 6076

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post
 
Also, all eyelets, or eyelets and hooks (pretty sure all eyelets)!

 

The eyes and hooks allow you to independently control the lace tension for the ankles. I was going to go for the all eyes too, but then my dad talked me out of them, then he had me try on his boots… loved them. I have had bad experience with hooks before (breaking/bending/coming loose), but not with White’s… my dad has purchased seven pairs of white’s and has had several rebuilds, he has never had a problem with the hooks. Anyway, it changed my mind….smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

post #1834 of 6076

About the exposed arch on the composition half sole, the main thing I like about it is it’s easier to resole because not having to remove the heal + it’s super beefy, looks cleaner and more minimalistic. But I am also a little concerned about how the sole would age with time and stepping on rocks or gravel, but with white’s preserve it should be rot free. I see both points, but I got the composition half sole.

But then again…. This one is ageing pretty nicely…decisions.gif

Picture from: supertalk.superfuture.com

post #1835 of 6076
I got my ship notification today! I ordered on May 7, so this is actually a few weeks earlier than I was expecting.

Interestingly, I had been very torn about going with the 100 over the 430 sole. I emailed them just this morning asking if I could make a change. I got their automated system email with my tracking # before Kyle @ Bakers even got to my email and responded.

I'm sure the 100 will be great and I can always have the resoled.
post #1836 of 6076

Kilties in!  Tried securing one the normal way and the other more 'over the top' - tempted by the less orthodox approach, but may well be a passing fancy - thoughts gents?

post #1837 of 6076
Really don't like the false tongue.
post #1838 of 6076
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOhNine View Post

Really don't like the false tongue.

... And i really do! They just look tough as nails on lace to toe boots IMO. Though I'd try lacing em a bit differently- like on my SJs

2E530095-07B2-4706-B2EF-4E9B3700173B-6844-000005BD7AACD9E3.jpg
post #1839 of 6076

Quote:

Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post



They just look tough as nails

and they provide protection for the soft thin leather tongues.. I need  to find some in navy CXL. cool.gif

post #1840 of 6076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Quote:
and they provide protection for the soft thin leather tongues.. I need  to find some in navy CXL. cool.gif
black would be a super cool (and subtle) contrast, though I don't know about with cap toes?
post #1841 of 6076
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post

though I don't know about with cap toes?

Ah, you may have a point there… shog[1].gif

post #1842 of 6076
Those oiled red dogs are sick!!! I love smokejumpers so I do like the Bounty Hunters more than the semi dress. Whites sure makes some fine boots. I have standard smokejumpers that are 9 years old and still are in great shape. I also have red dog insulated hunters that also love. Both have soft toes which I really like as well. The soft toes flatten out in time and don't end up looking like clown toed shoes.
I'm thinking about ordering some bounty hunters myself. Might have to go with the oiled red dog myself.
post #1843 of 6076

Just got email yesterday my SDs have shipped.  Ordered on May 13 - so just over 8 weeks.  Will arrive on Tuesday.  Configured as follows:

·  All Leather : Brown Chrome Excel by Horween

·  Pull Loop: No

·  Eyelet Color: Antique

·  Sole Trim: Close Trim

·  Eyelet Configuration : Hook and Eyelet

·  Lace: Nylon

·  Sole: Vib 430

·  Half Slip: No

·  Heel Shape: Curve

·  Heel Height: Minus 1/4"

·  Last: Standard

·  Midsole: Standard

·  Midsole/Edge Color: Brown

·  Size - Length: 9.5

·  Size - Width: D

post #1844 of 6076
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-ewing View Post




... And i really do! They just look tough as nails on lace to toe boots IMO. Though I'd try lacing em a bit differently- like on my SJs

2E530095-07B2-4706-B2EF-4E9B3700173B-6844-000005BD7AACD9E3.jpg

Do like that lacing... might have to borrow it :D

post #1845 of 6076
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post

Do like that lacing... might have to borrow it biggrin.gif

Same here smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?