tnx in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/1/15 at 6:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 9/30/15 at 7:14pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 10/6/15 at 10:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 114
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm apparently an idiot. Please provide me a link so I can find your website, or give me a better clue. I keep looking on the internet and end up with all sorts of dead ends.
Like you, I quite like the lowered block heels that are a fairly standard look for most of the boots and shoes I have worn all my life. I may very well end up with a pair of those too, but since the White's are designed around the higher, Cuban heel, and I am from cowboy country (Oklahoma) where such heels are very normal looking, I wanted to get those first, and maybe second too on a pair of Packers. My third pair could end up being some darker SDs with the lowered block heels where the versatility of wearing a wider selection of pants with the boots might be desirable. I'm going to live with the brown HH boots for awhile and see how I like them before I venture any farther into the White's line. I liken this to building a custom house -- just when you think you got it exactly the way you wanted it, you move into the house and figure out all sorts of things you wish you had done differently to fit your lifestyle and comfort. Hopefully, my SDs will be exactly what I anticipated, but I may need to tweak things on my next order like I did with my Russell boots. As an aside, the only custom footwear that were perfect out of the box on my first order were my Arrow Mocassins. Not for everyone, and certainly not appropriate for many uses, but they are the best buy in custom, handmade footwear of very high quality, if they fit your lifestyle -- and talk about great leather! But they aren't the kind of boots we are discussing in this thread and are not in competition with White's, that's for sure.
Another aside. I was looking at the Russell website last night and was reminded they will make boots from leather the customer provides, if it is of sufficient quality. I know that White's will do the same. Russell charges exactly the same price for the boots as if they had provided the basic leather. I'm not sure what White's would do on pricing. Obviously, some of the leather choices already available from White's will cause the boot prices to rise dramatically, like shell cordovan. Using customer supplied leathers opens up the leather selection quite a bit, but also ups the cost by the amount paid for the leather. I happen to already have some very tough, exotic leathers I could use, so for me it's a real option. Has anyone supplied his own leather to White's who can comment?
Edited by Okal - 6/22/13 at 7:08pm
Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots
I placed my order with Baker's 1/15/2013 and received my boots 03/5/2013.
7 weeks was not tough to wait considering I was building my race bike at the same time.
Thanks to Kyle @ Baker's as well as everyone one on here for making it happen!
Specs & more photos can be found here:
3 months of daily wear and here we are. Haven't had a bad day in these yet!
I didn't know White's would allow a customer to provide his/her own leather. Can anyone confirm this?
I won't link the website on here as I don't want to upset anyone with advertising but it's East West Apparel, should throw it up on your search engine.... Look forward to a review and pics of your HH's. if I grew up in Cuban/ Cowboy-Heels-Ville I would go standard heel and maybe height all the way, I'm just comfortably conditioned to go for the lowered block look and feel. Although a cuban'd heel might be my next own build.
For sole repairs/ replacements in the US I'm sure whoever needs them has thought about it but direct to White's be you best option?
Own leathers sent to White's for a custom build: I don't know but I will ask and report back here.
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 45 seconds ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth