tnx in advance.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 114post #1696 of 83716/22/13 at 7:21ampost #1697 of 83716/22/13 at 7:42ampost #1698 of 83716/22/13 at 8:21ampost #1699 of 83716/22/13 at 1:14pmEast West,
I'm apparently an idiot. Please provide me a link so I can find your website, or give me a better clue. I keep looking on the internet and end up with all sorts of dead ends.
Like you, I quite like the lowered block heels that are a fairly standard look for most of the boots and shoes I have worn all my life. I may very well end up with a pair of those too, but since the White's are designed around the higher, Cuban heel, and I am from cowboy country (Oklahoma) where such heels are very normal looking, I wanted to get those first, and maybe second too on a pair of Packers. My third pair could end up being some darker SDs with the lowered block heels where the versatility of wearing a wider selection of pants with the boots might be desirable. I'm going to live with the brown HH boots for awhile and see how I like them before I venture any farther into the White's line. I liken this to building a custom house -- just when you think you got it exactly the way you wanted it, you move into the house and figure out all sorts of things you wish you had done differently to fit your lifestyle and comfort. Hopefully, my SDs will be exactly what I anticipated, but I may need to tweak things on my next order like I did with my Russell boots. As an aside, the only custom footwear that were perfect out of the box on my first order were my Arrow Mocassins. Not for everyone, and certainly not appropriate for many uses, but they are the best buy in custom, handmade footwear of very high quality, if they fit your lifestyle -- and talk about great leather! But they aren't the kind of boots we are discussing in this thread and are not in competition with White's, that's for sure.
Another aside. I was looking at the Russell website last night and was reminded they will make boots from leather the customer provides, if it is of sufficient quality. I know that White's will do the same. Russell charges exactly the same price for the boots as if they had provided the basic leather. I'm not sure what White's would do on pricing. Obviously, some of the leather choices already available from White's will cause the boot prices to rise dramatically, like shell cordovan. Using customer supplied leathers opens up the leather selection quite a bit, but also ups the cost by the amount paid for the leather. I happen to already have some very tough, exotic leathers I could use, so for me it's a real option. Has anyone supplied his own leather to White's who can comment?
Edited by Okal - 6/22/13 at 7:08pmpost #1700 of 83716/22/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brian Itzaina
Custom Semi Dress by White's Boots
I placed my order with Baker's 1/15/2013 and received my boots 03/5/2013.
7 weeks was not tough to wait considering I was building my race bike at the same time.
Thanks to Kyle @ Baker's as well as everyone one on here for making it happen!
Specs & more photos can be found here:
3 months of daily wear and here we are. Haven't had a bad day in these yet!post #1701 of 83716/23/13 at 12:14ampost #1702 of 83716/23/13 at 6:40ampost #1703 of 83716/23/13 at 7:42ampost #1704 of 83716/23/13 at 9:57pmQuote:
I didn't know White's would allow a customer to provide his/her own leather. Can anyone confirm this?post #1705 of 83716/24/13 at 6:55amHi again Allan (Okal)
I won't link the website on here as I don't want to upset anyone with advertising but it's East West Apparel, should throw it up on your search engine.... Look forward to a review and pics of your HH's. if I grew up in Cuban/ Cowboy-Heels-Ville I would go standard heel and maybe height all the way, I'm just comfortably conditioned to go for the lowered block look and feel. Although a cuban'd heel might be my next own build.
For sole repairs/ replacements in the US I'm sure whoever needs them has thought about it but direct to White's be you best option?
Own leathers sent to White's for a custom build: I don't know but I will ask and report back here.
J.post #1706 of 83716/24/13 at 10:41ampost #1707 of 83716/24/13 at 11:03ampost #1708 of 83716/24/13 at 12:38pmpost #1709 of 83716/25/13 at 7:26ampost #1710 of 83716/25/13 at 7:40am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 14 minutes ago
- › TRAVLMIND - New leather bag label looking for feedback 22 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 30 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 31 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 38 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 49 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding