or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 110

post #1636 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrUnicorn View Post

what leather on those bwing?

Black CXL
post #1637 of 4880

why do you lace the tongues like that?

post #1638 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shivman View Post

why do you lace the tongues like that?

Because I like it like that :P

Maybe I don't know what you're referring to: the lace pattern or the false tongue?
post #1639 of 4880

how you lace the false tongues in.

post #1640 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shivman View Post

how you lace the false tongues in.
Just a preference I guess
post #1641 of 4880
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy94 View Post

freshly cleaned white's boutny hunters in brown cxl

IMG_0657 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0656 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0654 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0653 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0652 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0650 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0647 by jgomez541, on Flickr

IMG_0645 by jgomez541, on Flickr

 

 


Are these Semi Dress? I still can't differentiate whats bounty hunter.

post #1642 of 4880
@ okal thanks but they only look like this right after cleaning, once dry i apply obenauf's which darkens them back up and gives them a nice matte finish.
@juniortan they are the bounty hunters, semi-dress only comes in the 5" height and does not have the heel counter, the bounty hunter is a cross between a smoke jumper and a semi-dress
post #1643 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy94 View Post

@ okal thanks but they only look like this right after cleaning, once dry i apply obenauf's which darkens them back up and gives them a nice matte finish.
@juniortan they are the bounty hunters, semi-dress only comes in the 5" height and does not have the heel counter, the bounty hunter is a cross between a smoke jumper and a semi-dress

Ahh i see. Went to look at buildaboot website and just noticed there is semi dress last option for the smoke jumper and coupled with few other options such as #38, 461 classic, standard. What are the difference?

post #1644 of 4880
Sleepy -- Post a picture after the Obennauf treatment. I bet your BHs look great then too. It's hard to believe they have led such a hard life and still look so good, unlike me. :-)

B-Ewing -- Your boots look almost new after 3 years, except for some grime and the turned-up tongue protector. They are tough boots. I like the way you lace in the protectors. I plan to do the same when I get some Packers.

Allan
post #1645 of 4880
Allan, thx man! Been trying to wear em hard lately. They're built like tanks. I think this lace pattern looks killer with leather laces- took me a few passes to figure out how to do it tho smile.gif
post #1646 of 4880
Allan,

What was the process for determining that you needed a custom last. Did they get that from your tracing and measurements? I sent tracings to bakers and they said I should be a 10D, and they shipped me an in stock pair of 10D that were not the right fit, too big. I have been toying with the idea of flying to whites to get fitted in person. I also have a narrow heel and regular width ball, but combined with a low instep and half size different feet.
post #1647 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT83 View Post

Allan,

What was the process for determining that you needed a custom last. Did they get that from your tracing and measurements? I sent tracings to bakers and they said I should be a 10D, and they shipped me an in stock pair of 10D that were not the right fit, too big. I have been toying with the idea of flying to whites to get fitted in person. I also have a narrow heel and regular width ball, but combined with a low instep and half size different feet.

If you can get to Whites, I strongly recommend it. I wasted two boots in two wrong sizes even though I followed the instructions and sent them to Whites. They always err on the side of caution, figuring out that a thicker sock will solve the problem of a big boot, but a tight boot is dead end. Frankly, nothing more frustrating and a waste of money with a wrong size boot. Get it right first time. You`ll have a fun and memorable trip to Whites, and I`m sure they are great folks. Tracing is hot and miss.

post #1648 of 4880
I took a trip to Whites anticipating some kind of spiritual pilgrimage, but was totally disappointed. The salesman was a jerkoff, and I'm pretty sure I knew more about their product line than he did.
Edited by b-ewing - 6/15/13 at 12:18pm
post #1649 of 4880

I wish Otto White was still alive, meeting him would be a spiritual pilgrimage...

post #1650 of 4880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Tan View Post

Ahh i see. Went to look at buildaboot website and just noticed there is semi dress last option for the smoke jumper and coupled with few other options such as #38, 461 classic, standard. What are the difference?

If you use google image search you should be able to see a few of the different lasts. baker's boots does have the various models but the pictures aren't always the best. the #38 is the swing last which has a wider toe box and slight upturn toe, the 461 classic is the more upturned toe but less round then the 38 and the standard is what you see on most semi-dress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okal View Post

Sleepy -- Post a picture after the Obennauf treatment. I bet your BHs look great then too. It's hard to believe they have led such a hard life and still look so good, unlike me. :-)

Allan

I'll try to get pics of them this weekend, the oils from steel manufacturing, the metal shavings, bumping up against sharp metal, and resting sheets of metal on my boots has taken a toll but they are indeed quite stout boots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?