Anyone know alternatives to these CXL colors in other leathers?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 108
Styleforum Top Picks
I took a California motorcycle safety class this weekend and rode a bike for the first time. Super fun and my boots worked out great while riding AND crashing. I drug my right foot peg during a 30mph 180 degree turn. No injury to the bike or my body short of a small raspberry on my elbow. I'm sure Ill have fun cleaning this one up…
Edited by Brian Itzaina - 6/3/13 at 10:50am
I took a California motorcycle safety class this weekend and rode a bike for the first time. Super fun and my boots worked out great while riding AND crashing. I drug my right foot peg during a 30mph 180 degree turn. No injury to the bike or my body short of a small raspberry on my elbow. I'm sure Ill have fun cleaning this one up…Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Okal - 6/3/13 at 11:16pm
I have a pair of Cowboy Packers that are 15+ years old now and they have been the best boots I've ever worn! I am a former hunting guide and horseback progressive pack trip guide. I have literally slept in my packers for 3-4 days straight without removing them! I wear them everywhere every day, all day; I believe that is about the best endorsement you can get. My feet did/do not hurt, they provide the best ankle support and the Whites arch ease design (in my opinion) is second to none. The only reason I wear pull-ons is at the request of the boss for dressier occasions.
The boots are on their 3rd re-sole (oil resistant composite sole) at the time the vibram mini-lug was not available for that boot. It is now, and would recommend them for additional traction in snowy/slick/rocky conditions. Depending on your foot size/shape, standard sizing (your other cowboy boots) should hold true. The only other thing you may want to consider is which toe to order, I went with the "pointed" toe and this many years later, dealing with age and changes in my foot; I think I would have preferred the original toe. That is not a reflection of the boot, but hindsight on my part not realizing my feet would have changed that much AND I would have a pair of boots last 15 years!
I am in the process of building/ordering a pair of classic work boots from Whites this week, and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas!
I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for all your 15 years of insights on the packers. They sound exactly like what I am looking for. I would much prefer a lace-up boot to a pull-on boot, because I also prefer the support, like you do. I don't have young feet anymore either, so I like all the help I can get. I have a hard time with shoe fit, and an even harder time with finding cowboy boots that fit me in the heels. My heels are very narrow, but my feet are medium width at the balls of my feet. I had to order my SDs built on a custom last because of the shape of my feet. I hope they fit when they get here. Kyle Baker thinks they will, and so do the guys at White's, so I'll wait and see. I think once I get a good fit in one style, the White's people will be able to tell me the best fit in the other styles, such as the packers. Like you, I think the Original Packers toes will be more comfortable than the more pointed toe, and I will definitely get the mini Vibram for added traction.
No matter how comfortable the packers may be, I don't plan on sleeping in them. Heck, I don't think my wife would let me in the bed if I still had them on! But if they are half as comfortable for me as they are for you, I don't know if I will ever wear my cowboy boots again. I think the packers could become my new western boot of choice. The black seems to be the most versatile, especially when I want them to look nicer. However, the boots are bound to see some hard use with some stirrup time on them. I could never convince myself to hunt off a horse wearing my cowboy boots, even though they are so much nicer to ride in than my regular hunting boots. But I could readily hunt in good lace-up boots like the packers and still have great riding boots on.
The classic work boots are very nice looking. I'm sure you'll like them. It sucks to have to wait 8 weeks or longer to get boots, but that's part of the trouble you go through to get top quality boots.
I have the double midsoles on my SJs, and I don't think it makes them excessively stiff. I mean White's boots are kind of stiff to begin with, and the double midsole definitely doesn't make them twice as stiff. My feet still flex in them. It isn't like I strapped a piece of 2x4 to my foot.
White's Boots Nomad Engineer
Heel Base Standard, Heel Lifts Standard, Edge Natural, Size - Width D (medium), Size - Length 8.5, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Smooth, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Smooth, Midsole Double, Counter Leather Brown Smooth, Sole Vibram 430 Mini Vib
I like the idea of 2 tone for these considering 90% of the time most will be under my pants but I don't know how I would decide on a 2 tone combo?
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League - Stylish Gentlemen returns for 2015-16 2 minutes ago
- › HELP!!! NEED TIE ADVICE 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › SW&D Theory? (CM's Free For All Help Thread) 12 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015