Anyone know alternatives to these CXL colors in other leathers?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 108post #1606 of 84856/2/13 at 1:40pmpost #1607 of 84856/3/13 at 10:27am
I took a California motorcycle safety class this weekend and rode a bike for the first time. Super fun and my boots worked out great while riding AND crashing. I drug my right foot peg during a 30mph 180 degree turn. No injury to the bike or my body short of a small raspberry on my elbow. I'm sure Ill have fun cleaning this one up…
Edited by Brian Itzaina - 6/3/13 at 10:50ampost #1608 of 84856/3/13 at 10:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brian Itzaina
I took a California motorcycle safety class this weekend and rode a bike for the first time. Super fun and my boots worked out great while riding AND crashing. I drug my right foot peg during a 30mph 180 degree turn. No injury to the bike or my body short of a small raspberry on my elbow. I'm sure Ill have fun cleaning this one up…Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #1609 of 84856/3/13 at 11:06pmOUCH! Sorry, Brian. I raced motorcycles and bicycles most of my life, so I have seen and had much, much worse. From your Flickr page it looks like you are a bicyclist too (and a boarder), so I imagine you've spent your share of time on the pavement! Glad there wasn't much road rash on your skin this time, but I hate the scars on your White's. It's easy to see why leathers are so important in motorcycle racing. Just think if your skin had been scraped like your boots were. Too bad they will have scars, but at least you can always get new boots. Besides, the blemishes on your boots can be treated and will only give them more character.
Edited by Okal - 6/3/13 at 11:16pmpost #1610 of 84856/4/13 at 9:24am
I have a pair of Cowboy Packers that are 15+ years old now and they have been the best boots I've ever worn! I am a former hunting guide and horseback progressive pack trip guide. I have literally slept in my packers for 3-4 days straight without removing them! I wear them everywhere every day, all day; I believe that is about the best endorsement you can get. My feet did/do not hurt, they provide the best ankle support and the Whites arch ease design (in my opinion) is second to none. The only reason I wear pull-ons is at the request of the boss for dressier occasions.
The boots are on their 3rd re-sole (oil resistant composite sole) at the time the vibram mini-lug was not available for that boot. It is now, and would recommend them for additional traction in snowy/slick/rocky conditions. Depending on your foot size/shape, standard sizing (your other cowboy boots) should hold true. The only other thing you may want to consider is which toe to order, I went with the "pointed" toe and this many years later, dealing with age and changes in my foot; I think I would have preferred the original toe. That is not a reflection of the boot, but hindsight on my part not realizing my feet would have changed that much AND I would have a pair of boots last 15 years!
I am in the process of building/ordering a pair of classic work boots from Whites this week, and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas!
I hope this was helpful.
Scottpost #1611 of 84856/4/13 at 10:05pmScott,
Thanks for all your 15 years of insights on the packers. They sound exactly like what I am looking for. I would much prefer a lace-up boot to a pull-on boot, because I also prefer the support, like you do. I don't have young feet anymore either, so I like all the help I can get. I have a hard time with shoe fit, and an even harder time with finding cowboy boots that fit me in the heels. My heels are very narrow, but my feet are medium width at the balls of my feet. I had to order my SDs built on a custom last because of the shape of my feet. I hope they fit when they get here. Kyle Baker thinks they will, and so do the guys at White's, so I'll wait and see. I think once I get a good fit in one style, the White's people will be able to tell me the best fit in the other styles, such as the packers. Like you, I think the Original Packers toes will be more comfortable than the more pointed toe, and I will definitely get the mini Vibram for added traction.
No matter how comfortable the packers may be, I don't plan on sleeping in them. Heck, I don't think my wife would let me in the bed if I still had them on! But if they are half as comfortable for me as they are for you, I don't know if I will ever wear my cowboy boots again. I think the packers could become my new western boot of choice. The black seems to be the most versatile, especially when I want them to look nicer. However, the boots are bound to see some hard use with some stirrup time on them. I could never convince myself to hunt off a horse wearing my cowboy boots, even though they are so much nicer to ride in than my regular hunting boots. But I could readily hunt in good lace-up boots like the packers and still have great riding boots on.
The classic work boots are very nice looking. I'm sure you'll like them. It sucks to have to wait 8 weeks or longer to get boots, but that's part of the trouble you go through to get top quality boots.
Allanpost #1612 of 84856/5/13 at 7:43ampost #1613 of 84856/5/13 at 2:57pmpost #1614 of 84856/6/13 at 4:20pmpost #1615 of 84856/7/13 at 11:16ampost #1616 of 84856/7/13 at 11:17ampost #1617 of 84856/7/13 at 11:17ampost #1618 of 84856/7/13 at 11:30ampost #1619 of 84856/8/13 at 4:24pmBrian,
I have the double midsoles on my SJs, and I don't think it makes them excessively stiff. I mean White's boots are kind of stiff to begin with, and the double midsole definitely doesn't make them twice as stiff. My feet still flex in them. It isn't like I strapped a piece of 2x4 to my foot.
Andy B.post #1620 of 84856/8/13 at 10:03pmThanks guys,
White's Boots Nomad Engineer
Heel Base Standard, Heel Lifts Standard, Edge Natural, Size - Width D (medium), Size - Length 8.5, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Smooth, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Smooth, Midsole Double, Counter Leather Brown Smooth, Sole Vibram 430 Mini Vib
I like the idea of 2 tone for these considering 90% of the time most will be under my pants but I don't know how I would decide on a 2 tone combo?
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 1 minute ago
- › FREEMANS SPORTING CLUB - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 8 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 8 minutes ago
- › Magnanni Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › BB Fitzgerald Discontinued? 17 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...