Anyone know alternatives to these CXL colors in other leathers?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 108
Styleforum Top Picks
I took a California motorcycle safety class this weekend and rode a bike for the first time. Super fun and my boots worked out great while riding AND crashing. I drug my right foot peg during a 30mph 180 degree turn. No injury to the bike or my body short of a small raspberry on my elbow. I'm sure Ill have fun cleaning this one up…
Edited by Brian Itzaina - 6/3/13 at 10:50am
I took a California motorcycle safety class this weekend and rode a bike for the first time. Super fun and my boots worked out great while riding AND crashing. I drug my right foot peg during a 30mph 180 degree turn. No injury to the bike or my body short of a small raspberry on my elbow. I'm sure Ill have fun cleaning this one up…Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Okal - 6/3/13 at 11:16pm
I have a pair of Cowboy Packers that are 15+ years old now and they have been the best boots I've ever worn! I am a former hunting guide and horseback progressive pack trip guide. I have literally slept in my packers for 3-4 days straight without removing them! I wear them everywhere every day, all day; I believe that is about the best endorsement you can get. My feet did/do not hurt, they provide the best ankle support and the Whites arch ease design (in my opinion) is second to none. The only reason I wear pull-ons is at the request of the boss for dressier occasions.
The boots are on their 3rd re-sole (oil resistant composite sole) at the time the vibram mini-lug was not available for that boot. It is now, and would recommend them for additional traction in snowy/slick/rocky conditions. Depending on your foot size/shape, standard sizing (your other cowboy boots) should hold true. The only other thing you may want to consider is which toe to order, I went with the "pointed" toe and this many years later, dealing with age and changes in my foot; I think I would have preferred the original toe. That is not a reflection of the boot, but hindsight on my part not realizing my feet would have changed that much AND I would have a pair of boots last 15 years!
I am in the process of building/ordering a pair of classic work boots from Whites this week, and I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas!
I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for all your 15 years of insights on the packers. They sound exactly like what I am looking for. I would much prefer a lace-up boot to a pull-on boot, because I also prefer the support, like you do. I don't have young feet anymore either, so I like all the help I can get. I have a hard time with shoe fit, and an even harder time with finding cowboy boots that fit me in the heels. My heels are very narrow, but my feet are medium width at the balls of my feet. I had to order my SDs built on a custom last because of the shape of my feet. I hope they fit when they get here. Kyle Baker thinks they will, and so do the guys at White's, so I'll wait and see. I think once I get a good fit in one style, the White's people will be able to tell me the best fit in the other styles, such as the packers. Like you, I think the Original Packers toes will be more comfortable than the more pointed toe, and I will definitely get the mini Vibram for added traction.
No matter how comfortable the packers may be, I don't plan on sleeping in them. Heck, I don't think my wife would let me in the bed if I still had them on! But if they are half as comfortable for me as they are for you, I don't know if I will ever wear my cowboy boots again. I think the packers could become my new western boot of choice. The black seems to be the most versatile, especially when I want them to look nicer. However, the boots are bound to see some hard use with some stirrup time on them. I could never convince myself to hunt off a horse wearing my cowboy boots, even though they are so much nicer to ride in than my regular hunting boots. But I could readily hunt in good lace-up boots like the packers and still have great riding boots on.
The classic work boots are very nice looking. I'm sure you'll like them. It sucks to have to wait 8 weeks or longer to get boots, but that's part of the trouble you go through to get top quality boots.
I have the double midsoles on my SJs, and I don't think it makes them excessively stiff. I mean White's boots are kind of stiff to begin with, and the double midsole definitely doesn't make them twice as stiff. My feet still flex in them. It isn't like I strapped a piece of 2x4 to my foot.
White's Boots Nomad Engineer
Heel Base Standard, Heel Lifts Standard, Edge Natural, Size - Width D (medium), Size - Length 8.5, Toe Vamp Leather Brown Smooth, Upper (Shaft) Leather Brown Smooth, Midsole Double, Counter Leather Brown Smooth, Sole Vibram 430 Mini Vib
I like the idea of 2 tone for these considering 90% of the time most will be under my pants but I don't know how I would decide on a 2 tone combo?
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...