or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 11

post #151 of 5808
Not a fan of the inset rubber + leather sole. Feels too modern for such traditional boots. I do like the lug half sole though -- looks kinda like the Red Wing GT half sole.
post #152 of 5808
my new white's came in yesterday. semi dress, distressed rough out with british tan, single leather, with the single stitch outsole.
post #153 of 5808
Did you have the heel lowered or is it standard?
post #154 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
Did you have the heel lowered or is it standard?

That's the standard heel for single leather sole.
post #155 of 5808
Well those sure are beauts. Makes me salivate for the red dog leather SD's I've got coming in the next few weeks...
post #156 of 5808
anyone care to share their experience with white's in terms of walking on concrete pavement for long periods?

Good shock absorption?


How does the sole hold up?
post #157 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post
my new white's came in yesterday. semi dress, distressed rough out with british tan, single leather, with the single stitch outsole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These look terrific. I was alternating between roughout and distressed roughout and this seals the deal for me.
post #158 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivats View Post
These look terrific. I was alternating between roughout and distressed roughout and this seals the deal for me.

Note this is the distressed roughout with a coat of Lexol, which darkened it a liitle.
post #159 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by three_man View Post
anyone care to share their experience with white's in terms of walking on concrete pavement for long periods?

Good shock absorption?


How does the sole hold up?

There are many sole options for White's. The Vibram soles hold up like Vibram soles. The single leather soles hold up well, but go with one of the Vibram options if youre on concrete all day.
post #160 of 5808
Can anybody comment on which is more confortable boot between whites semi dress v wolverine 1000 mile?
post #161 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palette View Post
Can anybody comment on which is more confortable boot between whites semi dress v wolverine 1000 mile?

White's need more breaking in while 1000 Mile are more comfortable right out of the box. Once broken in, both are comfortable. Watch out for the arch on the White's though, it's very high. Consider having the heel lowered by 1/4". Made a huge difference for me.
post #162 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post
White's need more breaking in while 1000 Mile are more comfortable right out of the box. Once broken in, both are comfortable. Watch out for the arch on the White's though, it's very high. Consider having the heel lowered by 1/4". Made a huge difference for me.

How long did it take you to break the white's in?
post #163 of 5808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palette View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@sterView Post
White's need more breaking in while 1000 Mile are more comfortable right out of the box. Once broken in, both are comfortable. Watch out for the arch on the White's though, it's very high. Consider having the heel lowered by 1/4". Made a huge difference for me.

How long did it take you to break the white's in?

On my Bounty Hunters it took less than a week of wearing them a little bit longer each day.
post #164 of 5808
imo, break in time depends on the kind of leather & construction__ ei, sole thickness [number/type of layers] & the last. i'd say, a SemiDress Chromexcel with single leather sole on "swing" last would be a quick route. my SJ R/O took around 2 weeks, but when they did they were the most comfortable boots i've ever had [aside from my ALDEN Black Indy].
post #165 of 5808

Just received my boots from White's eBay store. A two-tone Oxidado Bullhide and Black Pebbled leather, no lining. The fit is just nice. Comfortable straight out of the box. Sizing wise I followed exactly as per my Red Wing 575.

 

photo.JPG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?