Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 98post #1456 of 83674/17/13 at 4:30pmpost #1457 of 83674/17/13 at 6:12pmpost #1458 of 83674/18/13 at 3:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Teeka
I'm thinking about to order SD Brown Horse Hide but there are 2 following points that I'm still not sure about and need your help to give some advise on which one of these would be a better idea.
-Sole: 269 or 700? Or else?
-Last #38 Swing Last or standard? What's SD last?
Go for the double leather sole, but if ya hate the idea of an all leather sole, the mini lug commando is sweet.
Edited by Jack Hazer - 4/18/13 at 4:13pmpost #1459 of 83674/18/13 at 7:06pmpost #1460 of 83674/19/13 at 6:52ampost #1461 of 83674/19/13 at 7:17am@Teeka_ here's a xpost of my SD HH x Bison [toecaps + backsatays]:Quote:Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon;331279
SemiDress 5'" MTO: HorseHide x Bison toe caps & backstays :: Swing Last [_i know it's not for every1]:: Vibram composite half-soles + Quabaug block heels [1/4 lowered] ..... nvm the red laces
here's "Western" sole on block & tapered heels ***below pix were borrowed from various forums & are not mine"Quote:Quote:Here´s pics of my Horse Hide Semi Dress.
here's an xpost of the mini lugs. i'm thinking of this option when i re-sole my SD HH x Bison.Quote:Originally Posted by denimjunky
New SDs with specs: 461 last, lowered heel, CXL #8, medallion cap etc etc.
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 4/19/13 at 6:18pmpost #1462 of 83674/20/13 at 6:58pm^is that boot in the last pic Burgundy Chromexcel
Also, just wondering if bounty hunter/smoke jumper uses a thicker piece of midsole on boots with a single midsole. I was looking at east west apparel's website and it looks like this boot which according to the owner of the shop is confirmed to be a single midsole looks like has almost 2 or 1.5 pieces of leather. Anybody else notice this on their SJ especially if compared to SD?
http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/Whites-Boots/semi-smoke-jumper-black-dress especially if you look at one of the closeups.post #1463 of 83674/21/13 at 9:51ampost #1464 of 83674/21/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
What causes the boot toe to curl up so much? I find it hard to believe the 461 really has that kind of a curve to it, is it some combination of how the steel shank is used in conjunction with the last?post #1465 of 83674/21/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
I think it's just the nature of the last. There's no steel shank in White's boots: it's all leather.post #1466 of 83674/21/13 at 1:48pmpost #1467 of 83674/21/13 at 2:03pm
Much thicker leather, depending on the configuration, there could be an extra midsole, and the heel is much taller in the default configuration, also. The Wolverine 1000 Mile boot doesn't use a steel shank, also, so all of those things makes White's heavier.post #1468 of 83674/21/13 at 3:37pmpost #1469 of 83674/22/13 at 10:37amI have tried on the Wolverine 1000k Cordovan leather boot, and even own a 25 year old Wolverine "hunter" insulated boot which is not made by anyone anymore and the Wolverine reps can't even identify the model number because they don't keep product records that far back!!!. What does that tell ya? My White's semi-dress brown leather non-special-order boot's quality beats them both by well over a "1000" miles. The White's were pricey but I enjoy every minute I'm wearing them.post #1470 of 83674/27/13 at 1:56amGot some new White's Semi Dress in from Baker's. Here's the config and photos.
•Leather 1: Brown Smooth
•Celastic Toe Box: Single
•Leather Liner: Tan
•Eyelet Color: Nickel
•Sole Trim: Close Trim
•Eyelet Configuration : Eyelet
•Heel Shape: Curve
•Heel Height: Minus 1/4"
•Midsole/Edge Color: Natural
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 57 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for high quality dress shoes 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding