Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 98
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm thinking about to order SD Brown Horse Hide but there are 2 following points that I'm still not sure about and need your help to give some advise on which one of these would be a better idea.
-Sole: 269 or 700? Or else?
-Last #38 Swing Last or standard? What's SD last?
Go for the double leather sole, but if ya hate the idea of an all leather sole, the mini lug commando is sweet.
Edited by Jack Hazer - 4/18/13 at 4:13pm
SemiDress 5'" MTO: HorseHide x Bison toe caps & backstays :: Swing Last [_i know it's not for every1]:: Vibram composite half-soles + Quabaug block heels [1/4 lowered] ..... nvm the red laces
here's "Western" sole on block & tapered heels ***below pix were borrowed from various forums & are not mine"
here's an xpost of the mini lugs. i'm thinking of this option when i re-sole my SD HH x Bison.
New SDs with specs: 461 last, lowered heel, CXL #8, medallion cap etc etc.
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 4/19/13 at 6:18pm
Also, just wondering if bounty hunter/smoke jumper uses a thicker piece of midsole on boots with a single midsole. I was looking at east west apparel's website and it looks like this boot which according to the owner of the shop is confirmed to be a single midsole looks like has almost 2 or 1.5 pieces of leather. Anybody else notice this on their SJ especially if compared to SD?
http://www.eastwestapparel.co.uk/Whites-Boots/semi-smoke-jumper-black-dress especially if you look at one of the closeups.
What causes the boot toe to curl up so much? I find it hard to believe the 461 really has that kind of a curve to it, is it some combination of how the steel shank is used in conjunction with the last?
I think it's just the nature of the last. There's no steel shank in White's boots: it's all leather.
Much thicker leather, depending on the configuration, there could be an extra midsole, and the heel is much taller in the default configuration, also. The Wolverine 1000 Mile boot doesn't use a steel shank, also, so all of those things makes White's heavier.
•Leather 1: Brown Smooth
•Celastic Toe Box: Single
•Leather Liner: Tan
•Eyelet Color: Nickel
•Sole Trim: Close Trim
•Eyelet Configuration : Eyelet
•Heel Shape: Curve
•Heel Height: Minus 1/4"
•Midsole/Edge Color: Natural
- Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 33 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 37 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › The Kooples 3 Buttons Dark Navy Blazer Jacket Size 44 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 16 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015