or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? - Page 95

post #1411 of 4526
Anyone have any insight on this?
I had a long day in the snow and lost almost all color around the side. Not worried about looks but thought to ask now before unless treating someway is advised.

post #1412 of 4526
You can use fiebings edge dressing in brown to correct that
post #1413 of 4526

That's weird. I've been stomping through snow and slush several times and haven't lost any of the edge dressing.

post #1414 of 4526
double post wtf
post #1415 of 4526
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75 Scanb.jpg 59k .jpg file

Got this from another forum. Not sure if he`s a member here but credit goes to him smile.gif
post #1416 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeassp View Post

You can use fiebings edge dressing in brown to correct that
Thanks, I will check that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

That's weird. I've been stomping through snow and slush several times and haven't lost any of the edge dressing.
Odd. I spent 6 to 8 hours hiking in the snow and didn't have a single issue. Wore them continusely all night, got home, brushed them, when I woke up in the morning they looked like this.
post #1417 of 4526
Can anyone with a semi dress with all eyelets let me know if you can get your foot in and out without having to remove the laces from the top one or two eyelets? I like the look of all eyelets better but would rather have the functionality of speed hooks if I had to re-lace the all eyelet boots everytime I put them on.
post #1418 of 4526
post #1419 of 4526
Thanks AT83 smile.gif
post #1420 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThArtOfWardrobe View Post

Can anyone with a semi dress with all eyelets let me know if you can get your foot in and out without having to remove the laces from the top one or two eyelets? I like the look of all eyelets better but would rather have the functionality of speed hooks if I had to re-lace the all eyelet boots everytime I put them on.
I don't have to, I loosen them up a bit and they come off. First few days were tight until they started breaking in. Here is a typical dismount.
post #1421 of 4526
natural cxl looks really nice.
post #1422 of 4526
also thanks for posting those leather samples biggrin.gif
post #1423 of 4526
Thank you EastWest for those samples. I hope your worked and worn pages get more photos. It would be great to see new and worn in boots next to each leather swatch.

I'm still debating my decision. I have a lot of trouble taking the proper fit on faith. I found 9.5 1000 miles to fit very well on Monday. I even found a place that's not too far of a drive that has the 744LTDs in stock. Trying to decide if I should drive down there but if I like them it's way more than I want to spend. Even the SDs are more than I was looking to spend but for really great foot support... It still might be the way to go.
post #1424 of 4526
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT83 View Post

Thank you EastWest for those samples. I hope your worked and worn pages get more photos. It would be great to see new and worn in boots next to each leather swatch.

I'm still debating my decision. I have a lot of trouble taking the proper fit on faith. I found 9.5 1000 miles to fit very well on Monday. I even found a place that's not too far of a drive that has the 744LTDs in stock. Trying to decide if I should drive down there but if I like them it's way more than I want to spend. Even the SDs are more than I was looking to spend but for really great foot support... It still might be the way to go.

 

744's fit exactly the same as Classic 1K's.

post #1425 of 4526

dont bother with the Wolverine's.  They are ballet slippers compared to Whites.  The one pair I had for all of 2 days basically fell apart on my feet.  Never looked back.  Every pair I have handled at a tore left a lot to be desired in terms of execution and QC.  YMMV, but I say bypass the Wolverine's and get the Whites

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts?